Options

Up grade

jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In a weeks time my contract is up I don't want a new phone happy with my 4s before I call them would it be possible to go for unlimited sim only thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the only unlimited data are Three and also T-Mobile (if I'm correct).

I can highly recommend Three as I'm very impressed with their 3G network (good 3G network would be best for the iPhone 4S as that does not support 4G).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou Mark
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guide is regularly updated for SIM only and I think its creator lurks these forums
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjKnq7RtRv_sdDEyTkdIN1FCZ1RZUjdJTUdUV294bFE&usp=sharing#gid=0
    It does seem only Three and Tmobile give unlimited data these days, Three now limit the tethering to 4GB, Tmobile limit the speed to 4mbps and no tethering.

Virgin's 'unlimited' is really 3.5GB data then over that the speed drops to 384kbps

GiffGaff do unlimited on their PAYG deal
  • Options
    AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giffgaff may be advertised as unlimited, however they'll kick you off if you use too much data. Also, the speeds on O2 are horrible enough (you'll get 5Mbps max on 3G); on Giffgaff they're even worse. A lot of people get 1Mb or less most of the time.

tldr: don't go with Giffgaff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alec
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlecR wrote: »
    Giffgaff may be advertised as unlimited, however they'll kick you off if you use too much data. Also, the speeds on O2 are horrible enough (you'll get 5Mbps max on 3G); on Giffgaff they're even worse. A lot of people get 1Mb or less most of the time.

tldr: don't go with Giffgaff.

Sorry I totally forgot Giff Gaff do unlimited data (I was even with them a couple of years back).

Not that I would recommend them.