Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Dammit!!! All I could think was
    "higher love" but it just put the Steve Winward song in my head, couldn't connect it to Chryed at all, so the closest I could come up with was "I love you more" :o Totally forgot about "hiya love", probably cos apart from that bit I hated that whole ep :o

I was distracted by you describing it as hard. Thought it was from some x-rated ep I hadn't seen:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    One of my more obscure pictionaries.

Helps if you know Lord of the Rings :o
    Ok, that one has me completely stumped:confused: I've never read or watched LOTR though :o I need to attend to rl for a bit now :sleep: hopefully someone will have the answer when I come back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    This was my piece de resistance. It was a productive day at work that day I recall :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::sleep:
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovesy wrote: »
    Hello:) Well, this feels weird:o

Thanks for all the links, have saved for later!

Forget what happened?:sleep:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't even... coherent..... talk.... sentences.....

*flails Syed-style- as -Christian- comes- through- the- door*
    *becomes hysterical*
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Ha, this made me attractively snort. :sleep: They were both awful, at opposite ends of the scale. I mean i found it irritating to sit through, so God knows what a general EE viewer must've thought.

I SO miss witty Christian from '09/early '10. Think they really lost some of his personality after reunion. The isolation of only interacting with Syed and Roxy didn't do wonders either.

I'll always wonder what DTC would have done with them had he stayed on....

I agree a lot with this.
    In hindsight it becomes even clearer how they both loose something as Santer and DTC leaves and how they're not treated the same again other than by individual writers. They're not allowed the same fullness as characters anymore, except again, on occasion.

I'm a bit torn at wanting Santer/DTC to have been in charge of their full story while at the same time not wanting to miss anything I've experienced since I discovered them, being able to follow some of their story and, perhaps even more important, this Place live and in real time. (If they'd have left with Santer/DTC the story would've been finished long ago and this place possibly still existing but not being really alive when I found it. I would have loved the story anyway, of course, but it would not have been the same without having had he opportunity to follow some of it through this place.

Sorry, rambling(again :rolleyes:). guess what I'm saying is that I would've wanted Santer/DTC to have been tptb until November 2012 and leave with Chryed...

But yes, I wonder what they would've done with the reconciling-with-Masoods-becoming-a-real-couple-Amira and child-marrying-and-eventually-leaving- stuff... /But that way lies madness (and I am clearly SO sane already...)

ETA: and I understand it might not all have been roses and lillies anyway... Why I'm SHOCKED... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    I know, surely that's never ever happened before :p

Exactly, I love them in spite of and because of all of their flaws and bruises.
    And because my head and mind works in such a mysterious way I've pretty much been able to direct all my anger and bitterness about the crap stuff (and yes, I've got plenty of both) towards tptb and away from actual Chryed and my own feelings and sentiments about them. I know it doesn't really make sense, but it works for me :sleep:

I am with you and Zoetjetoch on this....I loved the last episode totally and their happiness and joy was so in character for me, they were so Chryed in that moment, yes crap happened, but they got through it and I was left feeling happy and emotional at the end.....I blamed the tptb for the crappy bits, but let in go and moved on as they moved on:)
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    It does make sense, because that's how I feel too. I hate TPTB for what they did to Syed (mainly) and Christian... but I love them, and crap happens, the main thing is they made it through, and seeing them make it through was a balm to my heart, and now they live happily together in my head, the past is just that now, the past, they live for today and the future... I don't want to dwell on the crap anymore....

this......so eloquent...thank you:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are a variety of Chryed quotes in anagram form if anyone's interested! :)

To a skill
    Risky humane eruption
    Chunky wit angel
    Smooth glee
    Buy if out able
    Chat go
    Overheating fry thy me
    Study you read
    Forum Member
    I think I have a fight on my hands for the mystery auction item!
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello again! Love seeing some old faces here again :D
    meg_icy wrote: »
    Chryed Quiz -revisited! (from 2012)

Well, back in *coughApril2012cough* I posted a 100 Question Chryed Quiz for everyone...with some help from lots of you for epic questions, thank you!
    A big thank you to so many of you for taking part!

I may or may not have got slightly distracted and never got around to posting the results :sleep: *whistles guiltily* :o, I'm sorry......so, Here they are!!

-Firstly, if you weren't here at the time, and fancy testing your Chryed knowledge....here's the link to the quiz questions.
    -Or, have a try at it again maybe, to see how much you remember, 18 months later?! You could test yourself against your old score, below?
    (/I know when I complied the results -eventually, I'd forgotten the answers to questions, and it was my d*mn quiz, ha! :p).

100 Chryed Questions:

Chryed Quiz, 2012: Questions - Parts 1 to 9
    Chryed Quiz, 2012: Questions - Replacement for part 10
    (nb. Tip: I'd keep a tally of your scores, per part, as you go through).

Results -your scores!:

So, on to the results!
    (nb. all names are listed as you entered them, or chose to leave it blank. All scores collated from parts 1-10, or where parts were missing, these are shown).

Now, as 2012 was an Olympic year, lets have the top three results in Medal-winning positions....there are some seriously impressive scores out of 100 here!

Gold, Silver and Bronze - the top 3...Congratulations!
    Gold: kqv, 97
    Silver: Elphie, 93
    Bronze: mt, 92

The Top 50 results -amazing scores!, and thank you all so much for taking part back then. Scores out of 100:
    1. kqv, 97 (All 10 parts)
    2. Elphie, 93 (All 10 parts)
    3. mt, 92 (All 10 parts)
    4. JN, 90 (All 10 parts)
    5. Jenn123, 89 (All 10 parts)
    6. Lovesy, 88 (All 10 parts)
    7. Teapot2, 88 (All 10 parts)
    8. Carla, 87 (All 10 parts)
    9. Cazza80, 87, (All 10 parts)
    10. Laura, 87, (All 10 parts)
    11. Sylae, 87, (All 10 parts)
    12. Zoetje, 83, (missing part 10)
    13. Starfish, 82, (All 10 parts)
    14. MsUnderstood, 81, (missing part 10)
    15. Sarah, 81, (All 10 parts)
    16. Cooookaaay, 80, (missing part 10)
    17. Chutneyed , 79, (All 10 parts)
    18. ardchoile, 77, (All 10 parts)
    19. clarkia, 76, (missing part 10)
    20. AlexinBrum, 75, (missing part 10)
    21. Karen b, 75, (missing part 10)
    22. ---, 74, (missing part 10)
    23. Ersky, 74, (All 10 parts)
    24. CheeseString, 72, (All 10 parts)
    25. LurkerBells, 72, (missing part 10)
    26. pinkteddy, 72, (missing part 10)
    27. Romeo, 72, (missing part 10)
    28. AussieEnder, 71, (All 10 parts)
    29. ChryedAreMyLife , 71 (All 10 parts)
    30. Jodie, 70, (missing part 10)
    31. Mary, 70, (missing part 10)
    32. KatrinaK, 69, (missing part 10)
    33. Flumps, 66, (missing part 10)
    34. Jemma, 65, (missing part 10)
    35. Jo, 62, (missing part 10)
    36. Feather B, 61, (missing part 10)
    37. gerda, 61, (All 10 parts)
    38. LooC, 61, (missing parts 6 & 10)
    39. lovebites!!!!!!!!!!!, 61, (All 10 parts)
    40. K, 60, (missing part 10)
    41. Tired lover, 60, (missing part 10)
    42. Gabriel, 58, (All 10 parts)
    43. Sophie, 58, (missing parts 6,7,10)
    44. Mads, 53, (missing parts 4,5,6,10)
    45. Rebecca, 52, (missing part 10)
    46. asyousay, 51, (missing parts 7 & 10)
    47. whoyouarexo, 50, (missing part 10)
    48. Emma, 47, (missing part 10)
    49. Dessie, 45, (parts 1-5 only)
    50. Lurker, 42, (parts 1-5 only)

Additional scores, thank you all!:
    51. Diced okra , 40, (parts 1-5 only)
    52. lurkerer, 39, (parts 1-5 only)
    53. who me?, 32, (parts 1-4 only)
    54. lurkie, 30, (parts 4,5,7,8 only)
    55. -, 28, (parts 1-4 only)
    56. BugsBunny, 25, (parts 1,3,4,5)
    57. lm, 20, (parts 1 & 3 only)
    58. ellie, 19, (parts 7&9 only)
    59. ramona, 17, (parts 1&2 only)
    60. Mercs, 16, (parts 1&2 only)
    61. H, 15, (parts 1&2 only)
    62. 0, 14, (parts 5&6 only)
    63. xxx, 12, (parts 3&4 only)
    64. Linda, 11, (parts 1 & 2 only)
    65. Ginger, 10, (part 1 only)
    66. justme, 10, (part 9 only)
    67. m, 9, (part 9 only)
    68. __, 8, (parts 4&5 only)
    69. justlurkin, 8, (part 6 only)
    70. _, 8, (part 9 only)
    71. anon, 7, (part 1 only)
    72. H, 7, (part 1 only)
    73. Lexi, 6, (part 1 only)
    74. Rosie, 6, (part 1 only)
    75. '.', 6, (part 3 only)
    76. d, 6, (part 7 only)
    77. n, 6, (part 8 only)
    78. C, 5, (part 1 only)
    79. >.< , 5, (part 6 only)
    80. xo, 4, (part 2 only)
    81. tut, 4, (part 8 only)
    82. ', 3, (part 2 only)
    83. *, 3, (part 7 only)

Top 30 Results, counting parts 1-9 only, so scores out of 90:
    I know quite a few people were unable to submit part 10 (apologies, *shakes fist* at the software), so, for completeness, here are the Top 30 scores, when including parts 1-9 only (with part 10 discounted for everyone), to see any changes in results!..:
    1. kqv, 87
    2. Elphie, 83
    3. mt, 83
    4. Zoetje, 83
    5. JN, 81
    6. Teapot2, 81
    7. MsUnderstood, 81
    8. Cooookaaay, 80
    9. Jenn123, 79
    10. Lovesy, 78
    11. Carla, 77
    12. Cazza80, 77
    13. Laura, 77
    14. Sylae, 77
    15. clarkie, 76
    16. AlexinBrum, 75
    17. Karen b, 75
    18. ---, 74
    19. Starfish, 73
    20. LurkerBells, 72
    21. pinkteddy, 72
    22. Romeo, 72
    23. Sarah, 71
    24. Jodie, 70
    25. Mary, 70
    26. Chutneyed, 69
    27. KatrinaK, 69
    28. ardchoile, 67
    29. Flumps, 66
    30. Jemma, 65

Phew! Enjoy, I hope. Happy reminiscing. Thank you WFCTGIO! xx

Ps. now I'm well behind on your posts, a catch-up is needed, in time-honoured tradition...

Thank you!! I can't believe I came 5th :eek: Also loving the more imaginative names from anonymous people, such as 'tut' :p
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I almost don't want to interrupt the hilarity, but a schedule is a schedule. :sleep :

HERE is the first part of our interview with Nick Hicks-Beach.
    Camera by yours truly, questioning my MercuryPheonix and editing by Dessie.

Enjoy. : )

This was great! Nick seems lovely, and gave really interesting answers. Love the video itself - very professional :cool:
    Ha, just been uncovering more piper related posts. Think this one has got to be an all time favourite.

I don't think I've ever seen that pic! Hysterical :D
    On camera, Richard Davidson and Nick Hicks-Beach. By email, Pete Lawson and Daisy Coulam. In person (so not so much of an interview, as us squealing and fangirling) DTC, Diederich Santer, Pete Lawson, Johnny and Marc.

I still can't quite believe it. : D

That's insane! We are so incredibly lucky as a fandom.
    I think Chryed kind of was one of those headline-grabbing storylines... so they're not necessarily bad. What made it great was that while it was kind of controversy-courting, they treated it with the sensitivity and respect it deserved.

I think EE's current problem is actually the opposite. It has NO headline-grabbing storylines. I don't really keep up with it anymore, and I've heard NOTHING about it. This week, I watched Emmerdale and Hollyoaks (they were fantastic btw, especially ED), which I normally don't do, because of all the hype around it. There's been nothing like that in EE for about 2 years.

This is exactly it. I haven't watched a single clip or anything since maybe last Christmas, bar the episode Ronnie was released from prison. I hear the odd piece of storyline news, but it's never anything interesting!
    Syed's "Not out here." is significant.
    THAT's why it was important that Reunion was outside in the market.

You know, I don't think I've ever made that connection. Now I love reunion even more!
    RevolCram wrote: »
    I remember the time when everyone first worked out what my username meant! I did grow quite fond of this name

BIBs: Ugh, I'm so nervous to watch the parts I've never ventured into... I've heard it gets kind of terrible towards the end. Not sure if I'll be able to stomach it but I'll give it a go :rolleyes :

Hello! My attitude is; if we had to go through it, you have to as well :sleep: No, but really, there are some awful times, but if you don't watch it, then you miss the really really good moments too, and I think they're worth it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have a fight on my hands for the mystery auction item!

still toooo scared to venture into ebay:o
    Forum Member

To a skill
    Risky humane eruption
    Chunky wit angel
    Smooth glee
    Buy if out able
    Chat go
    Overheating fry thy me
    Study you read

Ooo love me some anagrams. Must find a piece of paper.
    Forum Member
    crazysusan wrote: »
    still toooo scared to venture into ebay:o

I joined just for this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves* :D

Well, character assignation on both sides, near destruction of a once complex and enjoyable relationship...i could go on :sleep:

Please don't:sleep::p:D
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't even... coherent..... talk.... sentences.....

*flails Syed-style- as -Christian- comes- through- the- door*
    *becomes hysterical*

I agree a lot with this.
    In hindsight it becomes even clearer how they both loose something as Santer and DTC leaves and how they're not treated the same again other than by individual writers. They're not allowed the same fullness as characters anymore, except again, on occasion.

I'm a bit torn at wanting Santer/DTC to have been in charge of their full story while at the same time not wanting to miss anything I've experienced since I discovered them, being able to follow some of their story and, perhaps even more important, this Place live and in real time. (If they'd have left with Santer/DTC the story would've been finished long ago and this place possibly still existing but not being really alive when I found it. I would have loved the story anyway, of course, but it would not have been the same without having had he opportunity to follow some of it through this place.

Sorry, rambling(again :rolleyes:). guess what I'm saying is that I would've wanted Santer/DTC to have been tptb until November 2012 and leave with Chryed...

But yes, I wonder what they would've done with the reconciling-with-Masoods-becoming-a-real-couple-Amira and Child-marrying-and-eventually-leaving- stuff... /But that way lies madness (and I am clearly SO sane already...)

You stretched my page, took me a while to work out why I couldn't see the quote button:sleep: Obviously a bit out of practice:p

Aww loved flailing Sy throwing himself at Christian (and then throwing Amira out of the flat:D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    Gotcha! - not sure which accent you'd need though:p
    I was distracted by you describing it as hard. Thought it was from some x-rated ep I hadn't seen:sleep:
    Hello!!!!! :D I take it life's good in the gutter? :p
    This was my piece de resistance. It was a productive day at work that day I recall :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::sleep:
    :eek: Gonna have to try that one later!

Really going now :o

/partridge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooooh! Is it...
    gotcha??

To a skill
    Risky humane eruption
    Chunky wit angel
    Smooth glee
    Buy if out able
    Chat go
    Overheating fry thy me
    Study you read

I love anagrams! Will have to have a think.. :D
    Forum Member

Buy if out able
    Chat go
    Beautiful Boy and Gotcha
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Ooooh! Is it...
    gotcha??
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Gotcha! - not sure which accent you'd need though:p
    /partridge

Both right!
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aww loved flailing Sy throwing himself at Christian (and then throwing Amira out of the flat:D)

Oh my God, I loved that moment so much. Amira just disappears the moment Syed sets eyes on Christian. It's Christian who's being relatively tactful. Syed just couldn't give a shit, lol. 'No, no, no, no, no, we're finished!' *throws coat at her*

I'm smiling just thinking about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The anagrams are quite hard, shout up if you want clues!
    Beautiful Boy and Gotcha

Correctamundo! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I joined just for this!

I joined for Marc doodle..nearly bit three months mortgage by mistake:o
    Please don't:sleep::p:D

You stretched my page, took me a while to work out why I couldn't see the quote button:sleep: Obviously a bit out of practice:p

I loved Syed throwing himself at Christian:D
    Forum Member
    Chunky wit angel =
    walking chutney
  • rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *whistles innocently*

What, it's after the watershed :sleep:
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the first one.
    Kills ATO. :cool:

It's like that splatter thing where your mental state can be read into...

Okay, I have no idea. I'm terrible at anagrams.

edit: oh, I've just seen what it actually is. It was clearly a code. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the first six...last two I still need to think about!
    It's all ok
    I think you're superman
    Walking chutney
    Let's go home
    Beautiful boy
    Gotcha

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, I loved that moment so much. Amira just disappears the moment Syed sets eyes on Christian. It's Christian who's being relatively tactful. Syed just couldn't give a shit, lol. 'No, no, no, no, no, we're finished!' *throws coat at her*

I'm smiling just thinking about it.

I adored it..it was Amira, who the f**k is Amira and come here and kiss me......

I swear he would have kicked her if she had not left...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god, if anyone has nipple pic, post it right now. :sleep: