Blueyonder Email

1235»

Comments

• stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FirewireUk wrote:
    Well I'm not happy with the service at the moment anyway but since the middle of last week, and to the present day i'm getting emails from people I dont know which are containing viruses! Lucky enough that BY do now have a antivirus checker to scan messages before you download them, fair enough. But i feel its getting a joke now. At least 5 out of the 10 emails i get have had attachments which included a virus. I have anti virus software on my pc which detects these emails but like i said its getting a joke. 2 of my mates which live in the same area have also had the same problem.

Anyone else getting this? :confused:
    I'm not getting emails from unknown people at the moment but have had in the past. Don't forget you can't blame blueyonder for you receiving virus emails. Viruses work in different ways and often target recipients randomly. The person you 'received' the email from may not be the genuine sender, so it is possible that you have received it from a genuine person you know. It also works the other way - if you receive a virus email from a friend, that friend is not necessarily the sender. It's called email address spoofing. The virus picks the email address to place in the sender field from the infected user's address book or even scans files and picks email addresses it finds, then sends emails to everyone in the address book or creates addresses randomly etc.