Amazon's black Friday

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    40 inch sony tv for £330!

Sold out though :( Went in the first second.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Q4UFBC

Amazing deal for anyone who got it.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How fast are dvds going as a general rule? Really fast or fast but with time enough to get in there?

I really want that Twin Peaks box set.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How fast are dvds going as a general rule? Really fast or fast but with time enough to get in there?

Depends how popular they are. I've never heard of Twin Peaks... and I follow TV.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Join the club. Ill race you for it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Join the club. Ill race you for it. ;)

It is ON! :cool:

If I'm not back in time for the start of the deal though, it's not on. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is ON! :cool:

If I'm not back in time for the start of the deal though, it's not on. :o

Seconded. I keep forgetting. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stuff is all going pretty slowly tonight. Mainly due to the fact that it's only a couple of quid off or that it's uninteresting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    The stuff is all going pretty slowly tonight. Mainly due to the fact that it's only a couple of quid off!

I was shocked at how little they are giving off those Guitar Hero sets! It's still money off but only a fiver. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked at how little they are giving off those Guitar Hero sets! It's still money off but only a fiver. :o
    And considering that you can by the new from 3rd party sellers cheaper is a bit cheeky I feel... I was expecting them to go for maybe £30.
    Forum Member
    Toshiba laptop for £300 at 7pm. Went within the first second. I didn't get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That laptop was way over priced to begin with, and even at £299 it's not that great a deal.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the original VHS releases of Twin Peaks as well as the original season one dvd-if it's going for around £20 I may as well try to get it and then flog what I've got now or take 'em to the charity shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BACK OF THE NET!

You are mine, Twin Peaks!
    Forum Member
    Edit: Never mind, I think I'm seeing things.

The camera at 7:45pm looks good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    Hmm wonder what this office thing could be coming up at 7:45pm

Im gonna go for it but you can guarantee even if i click the button asap i still wont get it :(
    I can't see an office special at 1945... Just an Xbox game and a camera.
    Forum Member
    I can't see an office special at 1945... Just an Xbox game and a camera.
    I just edited it :confused: I swear I saw something about an office earlier, it was a mystery one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    I just edited it :confused: I swear I saw something about an office earlier, it was a mystery one

I thought I saw it too.
    Forum Member
    I thought I saw it too.
    I just figured, it was the laptop at 7pm which had the description about an office.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the laptop in my basket and I really need a new one but unsure if its a good deal or not. Some people on the Amazon forums think not. My budget for a new laptop is £300 so I'm tempted to just go for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joo-joo wrote: »
    I've got the laptop in my basket and I really need a new one but unsure if its a good deal or not. Some people on the Amazon forums think not. My budget for a new laptop is £300 so I'm tempted to just go for it.
    Give me 15 mins and I'll have a look for you :)

EDIT: It looks like this is your best bet for the £300 mark at the moment... not even eBuyer has much on offer that will beat that. Just go for it.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagged a Twin Peaks box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give me 15 mins and I'll have a look for you :)

EDIT: It looks like this is your best bet for the £300 mark at the moment... not even eBuyer has much on offer that will beat that. Just go for it.

Thanks for that. I think I will. Better dust off the credit card!

I've been going for the big items all week and I'm thrilled to have finally got something. I know its not a mega bargain like the Sony TV but I need a new laptop and really don't need a new TV so I'm happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody mouse...I was clicking on the wrong area and missed on Twin Peaks. :(
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the Complete Heroes! :D

It's weird... the last three days have been plagued with all the complaints people have had, getting stuck in the queue, things selling out instantly, nobody winning anything. The amazon forums were full of people complaining about it, and out of all the stuff I clicked, I got one, the rest all sold out.

But today... I have claimed every single thing I have clicked. They all take about five minutes on average to sell out, you get it first click, and the forums are filled with people winning stuff.

So what happened? Did they read all the complaints and make some changes? Did they get more stock for today? Or is it just that a whole bunch of people gave up after the past three days, leaving it a lot more free for the rest of us?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Bloody mouse...I was clicking on the wrong area and missed on Twin Peaks. :(

Disappointed for you. :(

They went really fast. By the time I confirmed my order lightning quick, 40% were already gone.