Options

Girls Aloud Appreciation Thread

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something New is one of the best songs of the year. I loved GA song here and there but this song puts them on a whole level. Them as unit brings out the best of them than when they are solo.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to get the CD single of it. I am glad they are continuing doing that. I have quite a lot of GA CD singles.
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I NEED Something New at number 1. It's going to be close.

What has/will the fans here do to get them to number 1?

I have ordered the CD single from the official store and will buy every song of the EP individually (it will count as separate sales then).

Do sales from the official store count towards the chart? ... Just making sure?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales from the official store do count, yes :)

I will be buying the CD single and the EP on iTunes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved their 'CIN' performances :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is ready to buy their song on iTunes from 5 minutes onwards!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought mine :D
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Just purchased Ten, gonna listen to the new songs now :)

I'm loving it so far, as a "new" fan of them this Greatest hits comes in very handy

any albums tracks you suggest?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just brought Ten :)
    The new songs are ace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently SN remains at #2 for this Sunday. Glad for them, if it's true. My guess is that they sold a about 71k - just under the Promise.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Been listening to GA a lot lately. I was never a fan when they first came out. Couldn't stand them when I was 13/14/15 but I like them now. :D

Some good songs.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been really getting back into 'Chemistry' lately. It really was their best album. Shame it charted so low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled Up i have been blasting recently I ADORE from beginning to end...for me their best album...while all 5 albums are great, TU is for me the finest of the bunch.

I adore the Madonna/Confessions era meets Blondie meets Daft Punk vibes across the album it is very Punky/New Wavey and ravey with some truly great messages within the lyrics....oh how i miss bands like this...it was only 7 years ago but girlbands i feel have all come into a kinda "basic"-ish area....Sugababes and girls Aloud created some seriously MASSIVE albums and hits growing up and still sound perfect to this day. Saying that The Saturdays do have a few solid songs...but i cant help but feel sometimes there are too many similarities.

Anyways, I would love if they cameback in the future a la Take That and reunite with Xenomania and create some monster songs again....adore Nicolas and Nadines solo albums and CHeryls have kept improving on one another.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All their studio albums are good except the first it is dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the best material on their first are the Xeno produced songs...its a decent first outing :-)