Comments

• kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A final to remember
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Roger looking so disappointed. :( I really really hope he wins it next year.
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we all noted how you enjoyed it all so much, with the cheeriness of your posts;-)

ROFLMAO!!!! :p
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    When does the ballot open for 2015?

1st August usually. Ballots in by the end of the year.

I think they intend doing it online as well this year.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    Roger's little girls are gorgeous.
    Adorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Roger looking so disappointed. :( I really really hope he wins it next year.

Hopefully his performance this year gives him the extra belief that he can do it again
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Safi74 wrote: »
    When does the ballot open for 2015?

August 2014
  • yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 bp in the last set for federer, it would've been quite an escape had he been able to pull it off, but it wasn't to be
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great final to watch especially as a neutral. I'm not a fan of either player so it was a pleasure to sit back and enjoy some excellent tennis without any nerves.

Well done to Novak - I thought his bottle had gone when he lost the 4th set but kudos for him for playing like a champion until the end. And Well done to Roger for taking the fight to him when all seemed lost.

Now, I reckon it's time I got back to that thing called "life"! Oh no, football still on...:D
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Fed's going home to those two beautiful little girls and his two baby sons ........ life's not all bad, I suppose.

Bet they wanted the gleaming gold cup though, rather than a silver platter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not quite back to his best, Sue.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Hopefully his performance this year gives him the extra belief that he can do it again

I do hope so, it would be amazing for him to win one more. I disagree with people who say he is finished. He didn't win sure, but still reached the final so imo he can definitely do it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Great final to watch especially as a neutral. I'm not a fan of either player so it was a pleasure to sit back and enjoy some excellent tennis without any nerves.

Well done to Novak - I thought his bottle had gone when he lost the 4th set but kudos for him for playing like a champion until the end. And Well done to Roger for taking the fight to him when all seemed lost.

Now, I reckon it's time I got back to that thing called "life"! Oh no, football still on...:D

Oh God tell me about it - I've got hardly anything done on my 'to do' list since the World Cup started!
    Forum Member
    Enough now JC ....... Enough! :D
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Connors just pronounced Djokovic as "dokervitch" and then corrected himself only to get it wrong again by saying "jokervich
    Forum Member
    Can't believe that Federer was within touching distance of getting an historic 8th title.

Will he get another chance? :confused:
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roddick's Twitter was really funny today. When Fed saved a pile of BPs in the fifth, he tweeted "Best I've seen Roger serve since.... Damn it."

:D:D
    Forum Member
    Tim to the rescue .......... :D
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    Jimmy's jacket is awful, that colour doesn't suit him :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the junior champs:

Noah Rubin (USA) who had to qualify.

Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) also unseeded.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Sensational Final, one to remember for sure

2 players in great form

Congrats to Novak, sterling effort and thoroughly deserved

Federer proved he's got a lot left in him and still one of the best, that game could have gone either way, Would love to see Federer clinch his 18th GS, hopefully Wimbledon next year
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Roddick's Twitter was really funny today. When Fed saved a pile of BPs in the fifth, he tweeted "Best I've seen Roger serve since.... Damn it."

Awwww I felt sorry for Roddick when Roger beat him ...... but that is :D:D:D
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »

Roger stole that title, Andy should have won the tiebreak. He only lost his serve once all match, unfortunately that was all that mattered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope so, it would be amazing for him to win one more. I disagree with people who say he is finished. He didn't win sure, but still reached the final so imo he can definitely do it again.

After last year losing in the 2nd round here and the 4th round to Robredo at the US Open, I never thought he would be reaching the final here this year. But he's been written off so many times, we should know by now! No reason why he can't win another one
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger looked less disappointed in defeat than he does when he loses to Rafa.
This discussion has been closed.