Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned our lady for a whole week now!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    No one has mentioned our lady for a whole week now!

I believe she's still on vacation in the South of France. We really need an Art for Freedom based album from her more than ever. I can't believe how much crazy stuff has happened this summer all based around hate and intolerance. We have the Israeli/Palestinian war, the ISIS in Iraq, the Russian separatists shooting down the passenger plane in the Ukraine, and now in Missouri in the US, the police shot and killed an unarmed black teenager and they are having riots there. It's insane. Madonna said she thinks the world is becoming more intolerant all the time, not better and people said she was being too pessimistic but look what's been happening. I don't really know what the solution is to all this hate.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Bacall was the last living star mentioned in Vogue. :(

Great actress and classy lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I believe she's still on vacation in the South of France. We really need an Art for Freedom based album from her more than ever. I can't believe how much crazy stuff has happened this summer all based around hate and intolerance. We have the Israeli/Palestinian war, the ISIS in Iraq, the Russian separatists shooting down the passenger plane in the Ukraine, and now in Missouri in the US, the police shot and killed an unarmed black teenager and they are having riots there. It's insane. Madonna said she thinks the world is becoming more intolerant all the time, not better and people said she was being too pessimistic but look what's been happening. I don't really know what the solution is to all this hate.

Yes, on Graham Norton when she was talking about WE and MDNA she confirmed that she felt the world was going to end - at least the current version of it. Perhaps she meant that she was worried about how much intolerance and anger and hate there is now.

You only have to look at social media and read some posts from people to see how nasty human beings can be towards each other. I'm going to share something with you guys. This is a brand new poem I wrote about the troubles in Israel and Palestine. I wrote it because I find it upsetting and worrying. I do own the copyright but I wanted you guys to see it.

THE SECOND COMING

What we need is a miracle
    To lead us through the fight.
    A gentle, spiritual breeze
    A glowing eternal light.

The Holy Land is crumbling,
    The walls are falling down.
    Despair, anxiety and insular fear
    Lingers in every town.

The man who led disciples
    Has died and long since gone.
    His teachings and soothing sentences
    Will ultimately live on.

But he left His world in turmoil,
    He has raised an angry war.
    Things seem more unsettled
    Than they ever were before.

So when we seek the miracle,
    Will we recognise the man?
    Will we follow a Messiah
    Into the Holy Land?

Will He lead us into paradise?
    Or will He urge us to stand and pray?
    Will He bring hope and joy
    Into the gloomiest of day?

Will the world continue spinning
    To bring youth to a dying head?
    Or will we find the apocalypse
    Waiting there instead?

When the man comes to save us
    Will our salvation be the sword?
    Or will we learn to seek world peace
    All of our own accord?

Will we discover the truth that is staring
    In our faces apparent and bold?
    Will we discover a humble stone
    Is a chalice made of gold?

Will we take our neighbour by the hand
    And embrace him with our love?
    Will there ever be a miracle
    That comes from up above?

So, do we need a second coming?
    Or are our problems our own affair?
    Will we pick up the debris
    We dispose of everywhere?

Can we all be trusted
    To make our world a better place?
    Do we need a new Messiah
    To come from outer space?

What we need is a miracle
    For mankind to mend its ways.
    'Else the Holy Land is finished,
    It will be its final days.

And, Chris Mark, yes, Lauren Bacall was an inspiration to Madonna. She has always been inspired by gutsy women. I expect Madonna will be genuinely saddened by her passing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Your Madgesty!!! :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    iconic legend for all

just come across this ...just maybe she would do our x factor as she did the France equivalent in 2005 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN63trU7yHY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a first. Madonna's birthday weekend and everyone avoids the thread! Never mind!

Been having a Madonna weekend. Been playing several of her albums I haven't heard for a while. Erotica is the stand out one for. For a 22 year old album, it sounds very very modern and more relevant than several of todays artists sounds. This is why she was always ahead of her game, we just didn't realise it at the time. What an absolutely amaing album Erotica is. I don't think I appreciated it properly first time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did everyone see the pictures of her birthday party in France? It was a Jazz age/1920's flapper themed party. She looked great. That would be a great theme for a video.
    Some people who worked on her new album like Natalia Kills and Mozella were there.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Must be a first. Madonna's birthday weekend and everyone avoids the thread! Never mind!

Been having a Madonna weekend. Been playing several of her albums I haven't heard for a while. Erotica is the stand out one for. For a 22 year old album, it sounds very very modern and more relevant than several of todays artists sounds. This is why she was always ahead of her game, we just didn't realise it at the time. What an absolutely amaing album Erotica is. I don't think I appreciated it properly first time around.

Sorry, I was working Sat and out all day yesterday and didn't have time.

Anyway judging by the pictures i've seen she managed to have a good time anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Lauren Bacall was the last living star mentioned in Vogue. :(

Great actress and classy lady.

I know, it's weird to think that all the people Madonna mentions in the song are now all dead!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgotten how much I loved Like A Virgin proper pop Madonnas all synth cheese and bouncy beats classic :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I think we're so close to getting information on Madonna's new album.

She posted a picture on instagram with a caption - the calm before the storm

And now she's just updated her pictures on her Facebook page too ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got the new Classic Pop with Madonna on the cover. It has a nice feature on the 30th anniversary of Like A Virgin. Nothing in it that hasn't been reported before but it's a good read.
    It also has a listing of Top 25 tracks of Madonna. It's nice that it includes songs from all of her career not just the 80's, but it's a little disappointing that all the tracks are singles. To me as a hardcore fan some of her best tracks haven't been singles. Personally, I wouldn't include American Life or Give it to Me among her top 25 tracks but they do! I get they were trying to take a song from each album, but there are other songs on AL or HC they could have included that really are much better songs. They didn't include anything from MDNA, which I feel more and more is unfairly being overlooked. Personally, I like most every track on MDNA better than American Life or GITM but I guess everyone's taste is different. It definitely seen written by someone who was more of a casual fan of her work not someone who has really studied her music that closely. But it's still a nice collector's item to have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some updates and more detailed information on the album from Diplo. Sounds exciting.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6228951/diplo-billboard-cover-story-sneak-peek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does anyone know what the initial track list was for MDNA .... i always remember seeing it and then it changed 2 weeks before the actual release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever been to the Madonnatribe forum? I can understand not liking everything she does, but I can't believe how criticial and hateful some people there are of her. And when you try to defend her a little bit they get so nasty towards you.
    They are saying that Madonna has no passion for music or touring anymore, and that soon she will quit making albums and touring and just do movies and charity work. They also say she hates performing and touring and only does it for the money to finance her films. That to me sounds like the biggest load of crap. She loves music and I can't see her ever giving it up although she will always have other side projects and maybe not do these massive tours. But when I said that I was attacked and bullied out of their forum. Just wanted to vent.
    And does anyone here think she is getting ready to quit music anytime soon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know what the initial track list was for MDNA .... i always remember seeing it and then it changed 2 weeks before the actual release?

Really? I don't remember an initial track list being released and then changed. Was it an official track list or was it something leaked by some contact in Madonna's camp that was rumoured but not confirmed as official.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't read that forum, but i did join another forum that had a madonna section. it was incredibly b**chy, cliquey and i "flounced" after two weeks,:blush: telling everybody what i thought of their forum.:D i do still lurk there, because its the kind of place that is hilarious to read, but being the butt of the jokes was of no interest to me.;-) they didn't drive me anyway though, the choice was mine to leave.

gigi remember words on the internet mean nothing in the bigger picture and it is only bullying if you decide to take those words personally. if these people want to continue to drag madge down, leave them wallow in their pitiful misery.;-)

madonna is like a dog with a bone when it comes to films. she will die trying to impress that industry, when she has pretty much achieved everything she set out to do in her music career. she still has that fire in belly though and music will always be her main passion professionally.

her kids take precedent above everything though, just as it should be.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? I don't remember an initial track list being released and then changed. Was it an official track list or was it something leaked by some contact in Madonna's camp that was rumoured but not confirmed as official.

All I can remember was that bday song was on the main album not in the deluxe. Anyhow I just found this so I believe this may have been it

www.elyricsworld.com/official_tracklist_of_madonna_s_new_album_mdna_news.html

And this was the info regarding changes.....

http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2012/12_02.htm

It is so odd. I knew that it happened and looked before but couldn't find anything then I looked this morning and found this info :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyone ever been to the Madonnatribe forum? I can understand not liking everything she does, but I can't believe how criticial and hateful some people there are of her. And when you try to defend her a little bit they get so nasty towards you.
    They are saying that Madonna has no passion for music or touring anymore, and that soon she will quit making albums and touring and just do movies and charity work. They also say she hates performing and touring and only does it for the money to finance her films. That to me sounds like the biggest load of crap. She loves music and I can't see her ever giving it up although she will always have other side projects and maybe not do these massive tours. But when I said that I was attacked and bullied out of their forum. Just wanted to vent.
    And does anyone here think she is getting ready to quit music anytime soon?

Which is why I quit Madonna forums 4 years ago!

I have been to Mtribe and a couple of others and one or two posters are ok but most are bitchy to both other members of the forums and Madonna and I often got into arguments and got kicked out of two forums for it.

They would clique up as well in some forums, i'd rather stay on DS it's a much better atmosphere!

No I don't think Madonna will quit music any time soon, not unless she injures herself or becomes too ill to do so!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna's back from her vacation and back home in NYC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2736847/Make-free-Madonna-shuffles-JFK-airport-slippers-kids-tow.html

She looks great even after a long flight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what are people saying about the leaked 'heartbreak city' and 'two steps behind me' ... i have not heard them ....can't find them anywhere? But they seem to have caused a little controversy?

And was Madonna watching Kate Bush's opening night?

I so hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what are people saying about the leaked 'heartbreak city' and 'two steps behind me' ... i have not heard them ....can't find them anywhere? But they seem to have caused a little controversy?

I so hope so

Madonna was rumoured to have been at the Kate Bush gig but although there were pictures in the paper of Marc Almond and a couple of other stars there wasn't a photo of M so it was speculated that it may have just been a rumour.

As for the two new songs, they have caused controversy, Two Steps Behind apparently slams Lady Gaga and the other song slams Guy!:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I so hope so

They haven't leaked. The tabloids published some alleged lyrics and titles of the two songs, but it's not clear if they are real songs or someone made them up. It's weird that the tabloids and various Madonna sites have published the lyrics, but no one has described what the music of the songs sound like. So that leaves me to think that it's all made up.
    The published lyrics don't explicitly reference either Lady Gaga or Guy Ritchie. That's just the tabloid and some fans' interpretations of them.
    The lyrics seem at odds with the lyrics that she did put on instagram which seem more spiritual and based around the Art for Freedom thing. So it seems to me it's probably that the usual tabloid made up crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Madonna site Drowned Madonna has an alleged "exclusive" on a new Madonna songs called Joan of Arc.

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonna-joan-arc-new-album/20140831

After revealing Wash All Over Me, we at DrownedMadonna.com are very excited to disclose the title and details of another song that Madonna recorded for her upcoming album. It’s called Joan of Arc. Take your handkerchief and get ready to cry. This one is for us… her fans!

Joan of Arc is really heartwarming. It is a gorgeous ballad on the guitair in which Madonna shows her fragility.

Actually, it is the most vulnerable Madonna has ever been. She asks fans for strenght.

In Joan of Arc, Madonna‘s vocals are as fabulous as they are in You Must Love Me from Evita.

The track talks about how the world expects her to be a hero. Madonna talks about the press, how bad words put her down… and this breaks her heart.

Madonna needs to be conformed, because she’s “not Joan of Arc.” She calls her fans her soldiers “on which I can depend on.”

I dont wanna talk about it right now / Just hold me while I cry my eyes out / I’m not Joan of Arc, not yet / But I’m in the dark
    There is not a final tracklist yet, but we really hope that Joan of Arc will be included. You are going to love it!

Stay tuned…