Sun damage or maybe old skin

MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the last few months I have noticed "V" shaped line in my chest area (decollage (sp)) I also have deep lines on my neck. I am 36 - is it a sign of oncoming old age or is there anything I can do to minimise it. I use E20 cream every day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For beautiful healthy and relatively wrinkle-free skin, do the following -

Drink plenty of water. I think the recommended amount is 8 glasses a day.

Eat food rich in natural oils - nuts, avocados, for example.

Avoid junk food as much as possible

Never drink fizzy drinks.

One of the most ageing things you can do is drinking alcohol. Personally I avoid it these days. Avoid or cut down on smoking as much as possible.

Protect your skin from the sun - wear sunblock and cover up where possible.

Don't get too thin. You need a nice layer of fat under your kin to plump it up. :)

One of the best things for improving skin is exfoliating. Don't bother buying exfoliators from the shop - you can make a perfectly good one yourself at home, such as this one:

"Sugar and Baby oil is another favorite of mine because the baby oil gets deep into the skin to moisturize while you slough off dead skin cells. So your killing two birds with one stone. "

which I copied from this website:

http://www.helium.com/items/787892-home-made-exfoliator-the-cheaper-way-to-beautiful-skin.
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    All of the above but I would emphasise the sun protection. I use factor 30 on my neck and chest every day, summer and winter alike, and it makes a big difference.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for that guys.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby oil will not penetrate the skin, its a mineral oil. You'll be better of using something like Wheatgerm, Sunflower, Jojoba, Coconut, Grapeseed, or Avocado oil, all of these will penetrate the skin and moisturise too. If you want something abrasive to use as an exfoliater you're best of trying sea salt. Any products with honey in are also good, its a humectant, it attracts and maintains moisture.