Great British Menu Series 8

Comments

• Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly Hunt wrote: »
    From what's been said about this week's offerings I'm glad I drew a line under it on Monday! Just looking forward to what Prue, Oliver and Matthew say about them -especially the turd!: eek::eek:

Unfortunately I don't think the turd will make it to the Judges!
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooooohhhh.......fez looks good.
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect steph's will taste really nice but blowing sugar that big? Good luck with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling that Jason doesn't like Charlie but has a favourite in Colin.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would really like Charlie to go through over Steph but I know he won't, she just seems so traumatised all the time bless her
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin got his 10 and Steph got through :)
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bollocks. No turd :(
  • TasaTasa Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    So Charlie came turd.
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Tasa wrote: »
    So Charlie came turd.
    :D:D. Brilliant!
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Can't think of one dish this week I would rush to order. The only 2 memorable dishes - for all the wrong reasons - were Charlie's poop and kebab.

Steph seems slightly clueless and I just can't take to Colin and his obsession with dry ice and fancy presentation.

Hopefully next week will be better - and more geographically accurate.

I hate tiramisu. Awful stuff.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    At least he did get the brief with the fez.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tasa wrote: »
    So Charlie came turd.

:D:D:D
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pfftttt...

What a load of cack.

Literally in some cases.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    At least he did get the brief with the fez.

That pretty much sums up the week for me. Colin meets the brief with one dish and absolutely walks it! :eek:
  • RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonboyjon wrote: »
    I get the feeling that Jason doesn't like Charlie but has a favourite in Colin.

Me too, I actually don't think he likes Steph either.

Very disappointing week so far, not too many laughs with the food or the chefs for that matter, Scotland really need to show them how it's done! :D

I don't really buy the '10', it seemed like he had to give full marks to someone at some point and just chose the least bad dish!
    Forum Member
    RedHed wrote: »
    I don't really buy the '10', it seemed like he had to give full marks to someone at some point and just chose the least bad dish!

I agree. He had that card in his pocket so simply had to produce it!

Mind you, I'm not sure why Colin looked so pleased with himself. Being given a 10 just meant that his dessert was only twice as good as a turd on a plate! :D
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i just hope it doesn't influence the judges scores tomorrow, as they will see the 10 and have it in their minds when they are tasting the dish
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    i just hope it doesn't influence the judges scores tomorrow, as they will see the 10 and have it in their minds when they are tasting the dish

Surely they'll have lost the will to live long before they get to the dessert, so it won't really matter! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    Can we just draw a line under the "North East" and move on to next week now?!
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Nope! Draw a line under Yorkshire and move on ;):D

I'm fully expecting the Northern Ireland heats to be comprised of Cornish and Welsh chefs :rolleyes:
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Thought Colin's dessert looked amazing, and has the kind of flavours I really like. I tend to take a lot from the opinions of the competing chefs, and they seemed to think it was a winner (even though Steph wasn't a coffee fan). For me, it's well ahead of the other desserts that have gone through so far. Even though it's not been the best week for the dishes produced, I've liked the camaraderie & respect between the chefs this week.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Disappointed Steph got through, she seemed to have no conviction about her cooking at all. Whatever the judge said, she either agreed with him or didn't know, she didn't stand up for her dishes at all.
    Disappointed Colin got through. Ah well, cheats often prosper.
    Disappointed Charlie didn't get through but only because he tried to hit the brief and because I'm in the long queue of people who'd have paid good money to see the judges tonight given a turd on a plate.
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Disappointed Colin got through. Ah well, cheats often prosper.

I must be missing something here. Why's he a cheat? Did something happen in a previous series?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Colin is a cheat, I just think there was a brief and he held out on us all week til the pudding!

And FINALLY he stuck to the brief and produced that amazing pudding! The only dish all week I could actually see at the banquet.

Still have Tom Aiken's pud as the banquet pud though...
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Me too, I actually don't think he likes Steph either.

Very disappointing week so far, not too many laughs with the food or the chefs for that matter, Scotland really need to show them how it's done! :D

I don't think Jason dislikes Charlie and Steph as such, just see's Colin as a much higher quality chef, which to be fair he does look, even if he has missed the brief completely with 3 out of 4 dishes. Can only see a walk over tonight, think Steph even knows it.

Just sad we'll never see the judges reaction to the turd and the kebab :(
    Forum Member
    Just sad we'll never see the judges reaction to the turd and the kebab :(

Perhaps if the chefs are allowed to change one dish in the final showdown, one of them will opt to drop his or her own starter for the now famous turd!

After all, it's for Comic Relief, and the judges' reactions would surely be a classic moment in TV comedy! :cool: