Actors claiming to quit when in fact...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They have been sacked due to contract not being renewed. Why do they allow this to happen to them? To me it just makes them look bad. Wouldn't you give them more respect if they just said "I've not had my contract renewed so time to try something else. & as writers isn't it exstremely lazy of writers claiming they've taken the characters as far as we can as this appears to be more lies Gail Platt is a great example same boring story lines over and over again year after year. Which just says to me... qwerty can't be arsed so... bye then.

Shouldn't we be asking for them to be sacked for not doing there job properly?

Please just tell us the truth. We are adults and can compute

Comments

• bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well actors probably feel embarrassed. No one likes to think they are rubbish and that applies to actors too. I feel sorry for Sol Heras. Nice looking bloke, probably needs to take some acting lessons and he should be OK hopefully. He has the looks.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christian in EE was surplus to requirements when Sayd quit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Well actors probably feel embarrassed. No one likes to think they are rubbish and that applies to actors too. I feel sorry for Sol Heras. Nice looking bloke, probably needs to take some acting lessons and he should be OK hopefully. He has the looks.

Giveaway lines - "It was the right time."
    "I want to try other things."
    "I want new challenges."
    Very telling if they have no work lined up. :rolleyes:
    The ultimate giveaway line is " I want to be killed off/I'm glad I was killed off." If they've no intention of ever going back it doesn't matter how they go.
    A dramatic 'killing off' exit is quite often a producer's way of saying they never want to see them again.

There are some honest ones however and people ultimately think more of them for that.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Giveaway lines - "It was the right time."
    "I want to try other things."
    "I want new challenges."
    Very telling if they have no work lined up. :rolleyes:
    The ultimate giveaway line is " I want to be killed off/I'm glad I was killed off." If they've no intention of ever going back it doesn't matter how they go.
    A dramatic 'killing off' exit is quite often a producer's way of saying they never want to see them again.

There are some honest ones however and people ultimately think more of them for that.

I am not sure that is entirely true.... I am sure Genie (Emmerdale) and Hayey (CS) would have been welcomed back. (Just a couple of recent or soon to come examples)
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Miller (Aaron from ED) wanted to die but they wouldn't do kill him off.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The soaps allow actors to say they quit so they can save face. It's better for an actor to say they're leaving of their own accord, rather than admit they've been sacked.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best one is when they quit for a hollywood career. Apart from australian soap stars, very few british soap stars have reallt conquered the states.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some are unsackable despite being bad. TPTB just happen to be their friends or family. I cannot understand how Anthony Cotton has been sacked.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    Danny Miller (Aaron from ED) wanted to die but they wouldn't do kill him off.

Something I suspect the lovely Danny may be very very grateful for one day in the not too distant future.:rolleyes: ;)

(Sorry, Melephunkt).:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Something I suspect the lovely Danny may be very very grateful for one day in the not too distant future.:rolleyes: ;)

(Sorry, Melephunkt).:o:D

Danny Miller is also Charley Webb's half brother and TPTB obviously like her a lot so there is every chance if things go pear shaped for him he will always return to ED.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some are unsackable despite being bad. TPTB just happen to be their friends or family. I cannot understand how Anthony Cotton has been sacked.

I can think of loads from all four soaps that need to go, but as you say for some reason they don't get rid of them I mean would anyone really miss Sean from CS, or Dennis from HO also Robbie from ED.
  • mandarulemandarule Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Danny Miller is also Charley Webb's half brother and TPTB obviously like her a lot so there is every chance if things go pear shaped for him he will always return to ED.

no he's not...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's not, Jamie Lomas is her brother.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl who plays Chelsea was axed the same time as Libby and Liz but the Chelsea actress tried to save face by saying she leaving to try new things a few days before the announcement Liz and Libby were axed! lol
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He isn't, they are no relation. I think you must be mixing him up with the lad who briefly played the younger incarnation of Aaron. He is Charley Webb's brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mandarule wrote: »
    no he's not...
    avaconrad wrote: »
    He's not, Jamie Lomas is her brother.

Oops:o Thank you for correcting me. :)The old actor who played Aaron is Charley Webb's brother Daniel Webb. And yes Jamie Lomas is also her brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    He isn't, they are no relation. I think you must be mixing him up with the lad who briefly played the younger incarnation of Aaron. He is Charley Webb's brother.

Just realised thanks:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I am not sure that is entirely true.... I am sure Genie (Emmerdale) and Hayey (CS) would have been welcomed back. (Just a couple of recent or soon to come examples)
    Julie Hesmondhalgh will be missed.
    Oops:o Thank you for correcting me. :)The old actor who played Aaron is Charley Webb's brother Daniel Webb. And yes Jamie Lomas is also her brother.
    Her sister Lucy 'played' baby Jon Dingle. Not exactly an acting role. :)
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »

For both characters, it was the only conceivable way for them to go without destroying their characters and their relationships. Both Hayley and Gennie had a wide range of strong ties to their town/village, including a marriage solid as a rock. Could you really have seen either Hayley or Gennie just upping and leaving? The writers had no choice but to kill them off. Especially Hayley, who certainly would never have left Roy permanently.