Robin Williams meets Zig & Zag (Ch4 -The Big Breakfast)

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
Forum Member
✭✭
I just had to post this because it's brilliant and i doubt anyone has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OueHkbnZjdQ

Remember The Big Breakfast tv show back on Ch4 yonks ago. I couldn't tell you how old this clip is but Robin Williams came on and met the 2 aliens Zig and Zag live at 7.30 in the morning. Here's 8 minutes of pure brilliance! Completely hilarious and a joy to watch.

What a legend!

I loved the sly digs at Disney! :D

'Sharon Stone in a wind tunnel!' :D hahahahaha! :D

Comments

• DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I just had to post this because it's brilliant and i doubt anyone has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OueHkbnZjdQ

Remember The Big Breakfast tv show back on Ch4 yonks ago. I couldn't tell you how old this clip is but Robin Williams came on and met the 2 aliens Zig and Zag live at 7.30 in the morning. Here's 8 minutes of pure brilliance! Completely hilarious and a joy to watch.

What a legend!

I loved the sly digs at Disney! :D

'Sharon Stone in a wind tunnel!' :D hahahahaha! :D

great stuff, I think thats Robin at his best, just being himself on a chatshow or the like.

Who were Zig and Zag in real life ? They were very good
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the clip, my jaw is hurting from laffing, thanks for posting that, good memories!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Zig and Zag were fab, don't know if I could handle them in the morning now in my old age
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this!

Also loved Zig and Zag - still got my cuddly ones somewhere!
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Excellent stuff. It might sound an odd thing to say but The Big Breakfast was a TV great. The whole look of it, its style and the oddball nature of the anarchy were brilliant. In a funny way, it was a real work of art. And in fact, looking at it again, I feel that there was almost a Banana Splits vibe about it - which I also loved - though I didn't make that connection at the time. It should have been on permanently - and TV really needs that creativity now.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I loved the Big Breakfast. Zig & Zag. Chris Evans. I just giggled all the way through that clip. Thanks it was lovely and funny. Nothing like a bit of anarchy for breakfast. Probably why I loved Rik Mayall & Robin Williams. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent stuff. It might sound an odd thing to say but The Big Breakfast was a TV great. The whole look of it, its style and the oddball nature of the anarchy were brilliant. In a funny way, it was a real work of art. And in fact, looking at it again, I feel that there was almost a Banana Splits vibe about it - which I also loved - though I didn't make that connection at the time. It should have been on permanently - and TV really needs that creativity now.

Perfect summation.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Perfect summation.

Thank you. I would have failed at the apple, tyre and cake though. :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit i did like the task they gave to Robin Williams to see if he was a normal person with the peeling of an apple, finding a tyre puncture and icing a cake.

He bounced off Z&Z so well! It was almost like another dimension! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I must admit i did like the task they gave to Robin Williams to see if he was a normal person with the peeling of an apple, finding a tyre puncture and icing a cake.

He bounced off Z&Z so well! It was almost like another dimension! :D

He blended so seamlessly they became a trio. Thank you for posting it because it was lovely to watch. :)
  • ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perfect summation.

Totally agree.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Robin was funny quite a lot of the time. I can't really remember a time when he gave a fully serious interview.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zig and Zag, remember em well, Zag looked liked a Youngs Cod Fillet :D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He blended so seamlessly they became a trio. Thank you for posting it because it was lovely to watch. :)

Not a problem.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting, OP. Such a funny clip :)
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats not an odd thing to say at all, it was a brilliant show. I used to record it every morning and watch it when I got in.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great stuff, I think thats Robin at his best, just being himself on a chatshow or the like.

Who were Zig and Zag in real life ? They were very good

Zig and Zag were Irish in fact and had been cult figures on RTE for years before making the move to the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember watching that when it was on. Just as funny as I remembered. The Big Breakfast was great - many was the morning I found it hard to leave for work on time :D