Hiras interview was strange

Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
Forum Member
✭✭
Davina at Hiras interview turned her back on Hira a few times and chatted to the panel about other things.!
Hira was left twiddling her thumbs on more than one occasion , I remember the two woman chatting about Bea, and I think Davina forgot Hira was there at all .
It looked bad for a few minutes and poor interviewing from Davina ,

Also , I am almost prepared to be shot down for this , but nice as Hira is , and I see that she is harmless , but really the girl is very dim . She was either acting that last nigth or very very very naive and a little silly and childish throughout the interview .Just an opinion , but thats what I saw .

Comments

• rossm2008rossm2008 Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny when both Bob Mortimer and the other girl made minor insults towards Hira and didnt appear to understand what was being said.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but that's the nature of the new look interview...Davina has to spend as much time talking to the panel guests as she does the evictee. It's a silly set up and should go back to the original format imo.

In fairness though, Hira was an incredibly dull guest!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    They needed to focus on other things, Hira was boring and far too nice. They all loved her and she loved them, yeah right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina at Hiras interview turned her back on Hira a few times and chatted to the panel about other things.!
    Hira was left twiddling her thumbs on more than one occasion , I remember the two woman chatting about Bea, and I think Davina forgot Hira was there at all .
    It looked bad for a few minutes and poor interviewing from Davina ,

Also , I am almost prepared to be shot down for this , but nice as Hira is , and I see that she is harmless , but really the girl is very dim . She was either acting that last nigth or very very very naive and a little silly and childish throughout the interview .Just an opinion , but thats what I saw .

I did notice that. I also noticed that Davina was talking a lot about other HM's in Hira's interiew and not much about Hira. Probably due to the fact that Hira hadn't done enough to be talked about and they had to fill the show with something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Why are you surprised? Although Hira is a lovely lady, she was hardly good interview material! Davina was asking her questions and they were all closed responses. Big Brother is mainly about feeding on negative emotion and controversy and Davina often runs out of time with the amount of questions she looks to ask, however, last night, if they hadn't had put the editing material together to show clips from Hiras' time in the house, they may have asked Bob to do some improvised stand up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    The thing I noticed most, was the strange little giggle Hira did when they mentioned her singing. I don't think she has left behind her Alice in Wonderland roll yet.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tonys_girl wrote: »
    The thing I noticed most, was the strange little giggle Hira did when they mentioned her singing. I don't think she has left behind her Alice in Wonderland roll yet.:o

Why did she keep sticking her tongue out as well... it was weird. :o
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes you wonder how she managed to get on the show in the first place.
  • Gemski08Gemski08 Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Davina did the same with Angels interview too.
    I cant remember whos eviction also, they spent loads of time talking about Freddie (when Judy James was talking shite as usual).
    I do quite like the new format because the guests ask questions Davina hasnt got the bottle to ask, but it can be messy sometimes.
    Its a shame it was Hira that got Bob Mortimer...he wouldve been good at grilling one of the nasty characters like Bea or Lisa...what a waste:(
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemski08 wrote: »
    Its a shame it was Hira that got Bob Mortimer...he wouldve been good at grilling one of the nasty characters like Bea or Lisa...what a waste:(

Aaah, but Bob like Bea!
  • Scotland1Scotland1 Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rossm2008 wrote: »
    I thought it was funny when both Bob Mortimer and the other girl made minor insults towards Hira and didnt appear to understand what was being said.

In fairness, just because she's fluent in speaking English, it doesn't mean that she fully understands it all. A weird analogy, but think of it as someone that can read ancient hieroglyphics. They might know each hieroglyph, and be able to know what is being said and what to say back, but it does not mean they understand it.
    I am familiar with this as I am fluent in Scottish gaelic, and I know some learners that can hold a conversation and can translate it, but they don't understand it.

In short, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you per se, but that is not to say that Hira is or is not thick just because she did not appear to understand what was going on.
  • VampiraVampira Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hira talks like a child and they were treating her like one. I still think it's an act, Marcus was right about her. I also think that Hira is hiding a big secret about herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it impossible to believe that someone might not want to bitch about anyone. I know plenty of girls like Hira.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harley01 wrote: »
    Is it impossible to believe that someone might not want to bitch about anyone. I know plenty of girls like Hira.

Girls yes but Hira is a woman. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    I think it was impossible to fill the whole interview with Hira's views, as she had none, so Davina had to waste a bit of time talking to the panel...

I like the new set up, I really hated how the eviction interview used to be, it was SO boring!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    .........................however, last night, if they hadn't had put the editing material together to show clips from Hiras' time in the house, they may have asked Bob to do some improvised stand up!

It's a pity they didn't ask Bob - it would have made for a better show! No, last night was definitely not one of BB's best productions. At least Hira's out of the way now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member

I'm glad that there are people like Hira, although, would you say it makes good television, in particular on a program like Big Brother?
  • cheekydee123cheekydee123 Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how she managed to get on the show in the first place

I cant get my head around that one either.. all the interviews they go through and she made it through them all... how many people line up for those auditions throughout the country, and how was Hira one of the ones that stuck out as a potentially fab housemate? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't the best interview, was it, but I do think the new format has some part to play in that, with Davina having to divide her time between the panellists and the ex-HM.

Typical of Marcus and Freddie to jump on the gameplan bandwagon but do the HMs know that it was a vote to save, not a vote to evict?

I don't think for one minute Hira had a hidden b*tchy side; I think she was just a sweet, quite immature woman. The language thing may have played a part in her finding it difficult to follow instructions but bless her, she was a bit of a dolly daydream - I loved "Alice in Blunderland"! :D

A lot of the existing HMs are so manipulative and two-faced that they must find it difficult to believe that there are people out there who are actually *nice*......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    After last nights interviews I came to the conclusion that Hira's 'niceness' was due to a total lack of understanding or perception of what was going on around her.I really do not know how she ever got in the house.
    She admitted that the only BB she had watched was the last celeb one. It looked to me that she had modelled herself on Le toya Jackson. I think someone on BBBM did point the likeness out.
  • cheekydee123cheekydee123 Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    why does my post look wrong i just quoted outlandy but it looks all wrong it just say quote..... and not originally posted by.... in its own little box?
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you surprised? Although Hira is a lovely lady, she was hardly good interview material! Davina was asking her questions and they were all closed responses. Big Brother is mainly about feeding on negative emotion and controversy and Davina often runs out of time with the amount of questions she looks to ask, however, last night, if they hadn't had put the editing material together to show clips from Hiras' time in the house, they may have asked Bob to do some improvised stand up!

I agree Hira was a lovely hm and she should not have gone last night.;)

Well all I can say is that the C4BB forum were furious that it was hira that went they wanted Lisa or Bea and could not understand how anyone could vote for Lisa and Bea.;)

Still I suppose when the forum is whipped up to a frenzy they just follow the Pied piper. ;)

Hira was a gentle kind hm and is so lovely.;)

Her interview was great considering she was so bemused I would think from having just been evicted.;)

Good luck Hira:)
  • VampiraVampira Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant get my head around that one either.. all the interviews they go through and she made it through them all... how many people line up for those auditions throughout the country, and how was Hira one of the ones that stuck out as a potentially fab housemate? :confused:

Maybe her family has connections. Somebody posted at another site that she got on the show that way, but I have no idea if they had any proof.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I know and what is even more facinating the women in there who biatch were given the votes. Does that make sense not to me.?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morgana48 wrote: »
    After last nights interviews I came to the conclusion that Hira's 'niceness' was due to a total lack of understanding or perception of what was going on around her.I really do not know how she ever got in the house.
    She admitted that the only BB she had watched was the last celeb one. It looked to me that she had modelled herself on Le toya Jackson. I think someone on BBBM did point the likeness out.

I think a couple of people noticed that.