NEW 24 hrs in A & E

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    iNCY wrote: »
    Sophie and Bobby are great.
    The stars of last weeks programme.
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I felt so sorry for him, how did he just take it? While in pain too.
    I thought she was quite abusive actually, you could not treat a woman like that, she grabbed his wrist.
    She said "i dont get what is even hurting" When he just said... "My arm is broken..." God bless him.
    The complete opposite to Sophie, who was a gem.

Sarah was amazing to - having her hand, pulled back together.:eek:
  • Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight? That spitting patient... yuk... loved how the nurse dealt with him though, she takes no **** from anyone does she?

My friend has advanced progressive MS, so it's hard to see someone else affected badly with it. It's a horrible disease.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayjay2405 wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight? That spitting patient... yuk... loved how the nurse dealt with him though, she takes no **** from anyone does she?

My friend has advanced progressive MS, so it's hard to see someone else affected badly with it. It's a horrible disease.

Watching it here.So sad. Really feel for his mother, she looks so young though, thought he was his wife at first.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These 3 old ladies are fab tonight. I wish all elderly people could write down their memories, so much will be lost when their generation passes on :(

And Mark, the guy with MS, is quite heartbreaking. My best friend's sister had MS which started when she was 17, she lost her battle when she was 52 :cry:
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching too

So heartbreaking watching this guy with MS :(

The 3 old ladies are making me chuckle :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Mark :( His poor mother heartbreaking to see
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is heartbreaking to see...

But good on his mother for letting it be shown..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed :(
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartbreaking this :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    This is so sad, it almost feels intrusive to watch as her pain is so real to watch. MS is devastating.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I'm watching too

So heartbreaking watching this guy with MS :(

The 3 old ladies are making me chuckle :)

The 3 old ladies deserve their own show!!! :D

Poor Mark and his mum though, so sad :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    This is so sad, it almost feels intrusive to watch as her pain is so real to watch. MS is devastating.

I never knew MS could be caused by a trauma to the head. It's something I have associated with older people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I never knew MS could be caused by a trauma to the head. It's something I have associated with older people.
    Me neither. I've known for a while that people of any age can get it but not that.

Awwwww bless Jen :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »

It's often a younger person's disease and they don't know the cause, whether it is viral/trauma or whatever. Maybe it's dormant in us until something triggers it?
  • who-mewho-me Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Oh NO!!! I've missed it will have to resist the temptation to read this thread and watch on +1. Hope ypu guys enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY he made it :D

What a tough guy :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He pulled through! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's usually a younger person's disease and they don't know the cause, whether it is viral/trauma or whatever. Maybe it's dormant in us until something triggers it?
    Could well be, it's often triggered off by an illness I believe.

Well I've read of someone getting it after an illness anyway.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really didn't expect Mark to leave the hospital. Bless his mum, what a great lady :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's usually a younger person's disease and they don't know the cause, whether it is viral/trauma or whatever. Maybe it's dormant in us until something triggers it?

My mum's friend has MS and she's a pensioner so I guess that's why I assumed it was something older people get. To be fair I don't know how long she's had it.

Wow, amazed Mark survived, I really didn't think he'd make it. He must be a real fighter.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY he made it :D

What a tough guy :)

I'm sitting here with tears down my face as they showed he made it through .. What a fighter.. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could well be, it's often triggered off by an illness I believe.

Well I've read of someone getting it after an illness anyway.

I've also heard that a disproportionate number of patients come from the nursing or medical profession.

My friend was a nurse, like me, and was 23 or 24 when diagnosed twenty years ago. The progressive sort that she and Mark has is the worst to have, as there is no remission period, it just gets worse over the years.

I'm pleased Mark made it this time, I honestly thought he wouldn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I have MS but not as bad as Mark. That was frightening to watch but Im so pleased that he pulled through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loulindy wrote: »
    I have MS but not as bad as Mark. That was frightening to watch but Im so pleased that he pulled through.

It was frightening to watch, especially so if you have MS yourself. I guess we have to remember that the programme shows the worst cases/accidents/trauma and there are hundreds of people out there living with MS who are nowhere near that stage, and won't necessarily ever be as many don't progress that badly. A lady in our village has lived with it for years and you wouldn't know to look at her. And my friend, who is very badly affected with it, has an assistance dog and a positive attitude to life, even though her life is not what she would have chosen, she is living with it in the best way she can and is one of those 'glass half full' people (I tend to be glass empty lol!)
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Nurse Jen is simply amazing . Her words for Mark and his Mum were gentle and kind and caring .If I were ill I would love someone like Jen to look after me .
This discussion has been closed.