E-Cig

Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is going to sound really stupid. I've started using an E-Cig today and am completely clueless on how to use it. Do I just treat it like I would a cigarette? Usually when I smoke a cigarette I put it out with about a third left as I start to feel sick so am a bit worried that I'll inhale too much from my E-Cig and feel ill. I'm puffing it just now and am just not feeling the same effects. Sorry I know this sounds really dumb just looking for some beginner advice.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try long, slow draws. It's a slightly different technique to smoking.

What sort of ecig have you got? Is it an automatic battery or a manual?
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pavster wrote: »
    Try long, slow draws. It's a slightly different technique to smoking.

What sort of ecig have you got? Is it an automatic battery or a manual?
    Thanks for replying. Yes I just tried that and can see where I was going wrong. Its a manual battery. I'm feeling it now after taking longer slower draws.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool.

You'll find a level for how much to vape. If you're worried try treating it like a real cig. Vape for say 5 minutes then put it down.

To be honest that's the complete opposite of what I do. I tend to stay topped up most of the time if I'm not in the office, supermarket etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also wondering if I use it in the house will it leave a smell? I have a 2 year old is it safe to use in the house? I'm hoping the answer is that its not safe as it means I still have to make the effort to go outside. Sometimes when a I need a cigarette if its raining or cold I try to put it off. The E-Cig just seems like I'm going to be increasing my nicotine intake as its easier access.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool.

You'll find a level for how much to vape. If you're worried try treating it like a real cig. Vape for say 5 minutes then put it down.

To be honest that's the complete opposite of what I do. I tend to stay topped up most of the time if I'm not in the office, supermarket etc.
    Just used it for about 5 minutes and can feel it working. The only thing I'm struggling with is the lack of throat hit so I feel like I'm taking longer draws.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe try a mint flavour, that'll give you a better throat hit. Different ratios of PG and VG do as well but can't remember the details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try a mint flavour, that'll give you a better throat hit. Different ratios of PG and VG do as well but can't remember the details.

Might give that a try as I was smoking fresh taste cigarettes lately. It was my mum who gave me the e-cig with just a regular tobacco liquid. I'll have a look into different flavours etc. Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never found a tobacco flavour I actually liked. Custard's where it's at. :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never found a tobacco flavour I actually liked. Custard's where it's at. :-)

It's not a nice taste. Custard :o? Wow I'll have to look into the flavours thought they would just be basic apple, mint etc.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Custard is the dogs. Daredevills custard from Charles vape shop. Kings custard from vaping king. Mums custard from digbys. All top custards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Custard is the dogs. Daredevills custard from Charles vape shop. Kings custard from vaping king. Mums custard from digbys. All top custards.
    Hmm I don't think it would be for me. What's the best website to get the liquids from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forget the e cig its about the E Spliff lol
    http://electricspliff.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forget the e cig its about the E Spliff lol
    http://electricspliff.com/

:o:D not for me I don't like getting stoned lol
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Rachael - have a look on the AAEC (All About E-Cigarettes) forum - there's loads of info and advice on there :)
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    Smithman wrote: »
    Rachael - have a look on the AAEC (All About E-Cigarettes) forum - there's loads of info and advice on there :)

Also UKVapers

http://ukvapers.org/index.php

As for the PG VG thing I dont think they affect the hit VG is heavier and gives more vapour. Its the mg rating that affects the hit.

BTW these bloody things do work. I am off **** with them after 45 years of heavy smoking. Not felt this good in years.