• Options
    nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I dont like this update.
  • Options
    BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    It usually best to do a system reset after a major update to a new android version, if you are a tweaker & have a custom recovery installed you can use that to wipe the internal SD then flash the lollipop update. Just make sure to backup any data you want to keep first.

When I do updates on my phone I backup my data to PC & use My Backup Pro to backup apps & their data then wipe the device & flash the update.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This update seems to have improved my battery life. Last charged mine up wed afternoon and its still got 35% left even though I haven't really used my phone that much apart from browsing. Before though it would last day and half.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no update on my Nexus 7, it's been 2 weeks since release now,I have to admit I'm not that bothered as I don't use the tablet for notifications and all I do is browse and play games. It seems to be taking a while to push out though.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im also not to bothered about the update on the Nexus 7. If it dose come it comes.
    I do use my nexus 7 at times for games, Internet and maybe once in a while watching TV online.

Darren
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meeting a mate in Town tomorrow, his Nexus 4 have been updated, he must have it on autoupdate. I will have a look at it and see how it works on his, then decide if I am going to install it on my Nexus 4.

As for the N7, I have stil got nothing, maybe it have been pulled for the N7.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Meeting a mate in Town tomorrow, his Nexus 4 have been updated, he must have it on autoupdate. I will have a look at it and see how it works on his, then decide if I am going to install it on my Nexus 4.

i'm willing to take a guess that you'll hate everything about it.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »

....and will then come on here complaining about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    On thing i noticed, with the recent app cards, there are just too many. Previously it was one listing per app, I currently have 43 cards to select from. Its quicker just to select the app icon rather than trawl through so many cards to find the same app.

Also, i preferred KitKat display of the battery has been discharging for x hours, rather than Lollipops you have x hours left. Plus two stage screen unlock is silly.

Never thought i'd say that Touchwiz's grass is looking greener, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FreeFool wrote: »
    On thing i noticed, with the recent app cards, there are just too many. Previously it was one listing per app, I currently have 43 cards to select from. Its quicker just to select the app icon rather than trawl through so many cards to find the same app..

i suspect you have chrome set to display each tab as a separate app?
    you can turn that off.

however, no other app should be listed there more than once. if you do then i'd be interested which apps you are seeing multiple times.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like I said you could always create a Lollipop appreciation thread if you can't take any criticism of it.

People are entitled to their opinions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Like I said you could always create a Lollipop appreciation thread if you can't take any criticism of it.

People are entitled to their opinions

this IS a lollipop thread.
    noise747 doesn't even have lollipop, yet seems to continually offer his opinion on how rubbish it may or may not be.

but as you said, people are entitled to their opinion, and i am voicing mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i suspect you have chrome set to display each tab as a separate app?
    you can turn that off.

however, no other app should be listed there more than once. if you do then i'd be interested which apps you are seeing multiple times.

Yeah, I am aware of that feature but i am trying it out at the moment. (i do like to get used to default features, so whenever i reset my phone there is less customisation to do).

I have 57 cards in total; 13 of which are Chrome, 4 are Wikipedia, 3 are the phones settings pages (different sections), 4 are Google search results, 2 are BBC Sport, 3 are Play Store. The rest are individual pages for apps by the look of it. I am sure i have seen multiple entries for IMDb too before. Adjusting Chrome settings would still leave the list above 40.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just did some quick testing;

It seems if you use Google search, lets say for an actor or film, select the suggested IMDb search result, let the phone open the app for IMDb, that causes the (unlimited) duplicate entries in the cards. If you search in the IMDb app to begin with it uses the already open entry in the list of cards.

Seems to do the same for Wiki. I suspect others as well.

This isn't a real problem for me but I just noticed that compared to KitKat i have many more open apps nowadays.
  • Options
    GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Well we are both happy with the 5.0 upgrade. My husband is finding that his N4 is running faster whereas my N5 is about the same as before the upgrade. I like the improved recents facility and use it all the time. Also it's much quicker having the flashlight built in now that I've got used to the two-fingered swipe! Everything else feels much the same except for a few cosmetic changes.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I upgraded my Nexus10 tablet a couple of weeks ago, against my better judgement. Generally apps are working fine, although sky+ and fotmob crash on a very regular bases. wish I had waited until my favourite apps were updated for A5.0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I said, there are things i have seen on videos that I am not fond off, but having a muck about with it on my mates phone will help to see if i can live with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    Well we are both happy with the 5.0 upgrade. My husband is finding that his N4 is running faster whereas my N5 is about the same as before the upgrade. I like the improved recents facility and use it all the time. Also it's much quicker having the flashlight built in now that I've got used to the two-fingered swipe! Everything else feels much the same except for a few cosmetic changes.

the new recent app screen, is one of the things that I do not like the look off, It seems like they more interested in making it look flash.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flicking between Lollipop on my N5 and KK on my N7 KK feels and looks crap now.

The missus N4 isnt too happy with Lollipop though wifi problems etc. i need to convince her to do a factory reset cos its never, ever had one.
  • Options
    chipschips Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    Flicking between Lollipop on my N5 and KK on my N7 KK feels and looks crap now.

The missus N4 isnt too happy with Lollipop though wifi problems etc. i need to convince her to do a factory reset cos its never, ever had one.

My N4 had all sorts of problems. Slowed to a crawl after 2 days. A factory reset has got it flying.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the new recent app screen, is one of the things that I do not like the look off, It seems like they more interested in making it look flash.
    It looks a bit odd, but you only have to worry about the ones at the front, and you can see more than previous I think.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just checked to see if my s5 was ready for an update and it says it's has the latest update.(kitkat) .

My mate says he has updated his s5 to lollipop already.

When will the over the air update ne released for the s5?

My network is EE.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I've just checked to see if my s5 was ready for an update and it says it's has the latest update.(kitkat) .

My mate says he has updated his s5 to lollipop already.

When will the over the air update ne released for the s5?

My network is EE.

He's talking rubbish then, as it's not been released yet.

It will be released this month apparently, but as always with network locked devices, it may take a few months after they test it and bloat it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    It looks a bit odd, but you only have to worry about the ones at the front, and you can see more than previous I think.

It is odd, I had a look and not so sure, I did not like the look of it in the video, but i could live with it. Not sure about the notification bar, it looks very crowded with the first pull, with lots of little icons.

I noticed that the all apps screen was still black and not white, settings screen was white, but again I could cope with that as it is not accessed to often.

Speed wise seems to be the same, nice and smooth.
    I thought the white keyboard would have been naff, but to be honest I prefer it to the old keyboard, I found it easier too see, even if it looks strange

My mate did say he have not notice much difference battery wise, but then he is using a battery saver app and did not realise that there is a battery saver built into Lollipop until i told him.

Better than I thought it would be I must admit, but the notification bar and the new lock screen is my main bugbear
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the white keyboard would have been naff, but to be honest I prefer it to the old keyboard, I found it easier too see, even if it looks strange

as has been said already in this thread, the keyboard colour can be changed in the keyboard settings.