Rita outsung her two singers

ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry not to see Karis in the final, but I blame Rita. She has a powerful voice and the song she chose suited her more than her two singers when all 3 were singing at once, she was the only one you could hear.

Comments

• Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? They're harmonies together were great, she was very complementary towards both of them. She's no Jessie thank god
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why blame Rita? Blame the small amount of time you had to vote
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    You're probably right. It certainly killed Joe's chances. But then Ricky arguably out sang both Stevie and Emnanuel. Only Sasha really held her own and was not dominated by her coach.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I agree with your assessment of the group performance I don't think it had any bearing on the final result.

I think with the exception of Sasha and STJ the group performances added nothing to any of the contestants. I mean look at Ricky, Emmanuel and Stevie looking and sounding like 3 blokes on a stag night karaoke yet both guys are in the final.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    You're probably right. It certainly killed Joe's chances. But then Ricky arguably out sang both Stevie and Emnanuel. Only Sasha really held her own and was not dominated by her coach.

That's because Tom Jones is a different type of singer. He sings the lyrics, the actual melody and doesn't need to "make the song his own" by adding 101 notes to one word to "Mariah Carey" the song up.

That's what Rita Ora does. Which might explain why I love Jess Glynne's vocals more. Sometimes less is more.

I agree Rita's group performance had nothing to do with the results. I think the public have already chosen their favourites and just continued voting for them tonight.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought all of the combos were great entertainment and really worked, but Sasha was way ahead imo. Hope she wins. Quite shocked Stevie got through, nice guy and sung ok but no star quality all.
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Rita is a better singer than both. I'm surprised they were her two final acts tbh but that's partly due to some bad decision making on her part. It's a shame as I like Rita a lot. I think she's come across really well this series.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought their individual songs did them in, or rather their interpretations. Difficult to change the original mood and delivery of songs like those successfully.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have to agree, she was much better than the rest of the team IMO
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita sang better than her team but then that's the reason why she is the established star and they are wannabes

I think the duets are a king of acid test in that the music business is a rough tough place and if the wannabes are going to make it they have to at least be able to hold their own against some one who is currently out there.

Rita isn't the greatest of singers but the wannabes failed the test and were rightfully voted out
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't just that she delivered a better vocal than her two acts, but they also faded into the background and semed like her back-up singers. With Sasha and Tom it felt like a proper duet and Ricky and Will did a good job of making it seem like a real team effort.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    It wasn't just that she delivered a better vocal than her two acts, but they also faded into the background and semed like her back-up singers. With Sasha and Tom it felt like a proper duet and Ricky and Will did a good job of making it seem like a real team effort.

Tom seemed to be the only one who actually enhanced his act where if he'd chosen he could have blown her out of the water. That showed true consideration.

Will did a good show but it is hard to showcase 3 acts especially such diverse ones.

Rita's group were a bit all over the place

Ricky's group were like a bunch of lads at a stag night karaoke.
  • avanneavanne Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I had really mixed feelings about Rita's group song.

On one hand, it was a total mess lyrically, they didn't seem to have thought through what they were doing with the 'marry her anyway' thing, and it was like they keep changing their minds where they were going with it.

On the other hand, I found myself smiling all the way through it. - On a technical level I thought the harmonies were really nice, it was the first song that had really suited Joe, but most of all - it was just great fun!
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    I mean look at Ricky, Emmanuel and Stevie looking and sounding like 3 blokes on a stag night karaoke yet both guys are in the final.
    You do have a point there.
    And that's exactly what they reminded me of too :).
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that all the judges outperformed their team members, even Will I am despite him not having the best voice. His performance was really good, better than Ricky's team which was like three blokes on a night out as someone else said. Despite Ricky's voice being much better than Will I am's.