Sarah Jessica Parker - someone please explain to me...

BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... exactly why is it that she's regarded attractive and/or stylish. To call her 'horse faced' is an insult to the equine race. And those hands... :eek:

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nasty things to say.

She's very stylish. I like what she wears. I haven't seen her in anything but SATC so can't comment on that, but I don't get the dislike for her, or why people call her ugly. I think it's really quite awful, and personal to say such things. SJP hasn't done anything to deserve that, I wouldn't think.
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    ... exactly why is it that she's regarded attractive and/or stylish. To call her 'horse faced' is an insult to the equine race. And those hands... :eek:

I don't think men necessarily think she's a raving beauty but most of us aren't so you can relate to her.

I don't think she's particularly stylish but she did look blinking good as Carrie cos Patricia Field is a great stylist.
  • Bendy WendyBendy Wendy Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

She's very stylish. I like what she wears. I haven't seen her in anything but SATC so can't comment on that, but I don't get the dislike for her, or why people call her ugly. I think it's really quite awful, and personal to say such things. SJP hasn't done anything to deserve that, I wouldn't think.

Agreed. Can't understand why people think it's ok to call folk ugly. :confused: They can't help the way they look.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member

Not a nice thing to say.

I think she has a beautiful smile, and above all she seems a nice woman. As Carrie in SATC, she was nearly always stylish, there were a few fashion disasters, but you can't win 'em all.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's very stylish. I like what she wears. I haven't seen her in anything but SATC so can't comment on that, but I don't get the dislike for her, or why people call her ugly.

Maybe this is why some people - yours truly included - consider her most unattractive ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/09/article-0-090F6280000005DC-525_224x324.jpg

This is an on-set picture, with full slap in place. Like I said, horse face.
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is why some people - yours truly included - consider her most unattractive ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/09/article-0-090F6280000005DC-525_224x324.jpg

She's in her 40's - and looks good for it - I don't think she's bad looking - I hope I look that good when I'm her age
  • Gloom of WhomGloom of Whom Posts: 197
    Forum Member

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in SJP case the beholder has to be Quasimodo.:D
  • Gloom of WhomGloom of Whom Posts: 197
    Forum Member

Was she running in the Grand National today.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not seen any promotion of SJP that seeks to sell her on the basis of being attractive; she has certainly never placed that description on herself. I may be wrong, but I cannot recall seeing any interviews where she has bemoaned her fate as a gawjus gal etc etc. The character she is most famous for, Carrie in Sex and the City, is also not pitched a sex object or great beauty. Some may find her angular features attractive, and so be it. As for the stylish thing, well this comes from the Carrie character, who has a kooky style, not always my cup of tea, but certainly a style. The stylish tag goes with that, and a merger of her screen persona with her off screen one. As executive producer of Sex and the City SJP must have some say in the feel of the show and how Carrie appears. She does have a passion for fashion.

I do not get the need for such an attacking OP though, as I say SJP has never promoted herself on the "attractive/stylish" tag, so no need to cut her down. She is a sassy lady who has contributed to a successful show and film, and given woman over 35 hope that the fashion industry is not just for the 20 somethings, something to be proud of in my book.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she running in the Grand National today.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

She is absolutely fug, minimally talented and dresses like a 12 year old girl.. Yet she is thrust down our throats as a 'fashion icon'. Purleeeeease.
  • Hootie McBoobHootie McBoob Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I have to say as a female, who falls less than perfect, that I do not understand the fascination around her :sleep:

I don't get the whole stylist thing either, if you need someone else to put you in clothes then you really shouldn't be allowed out of the house alone.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I dont get her either. As an actress she is just meh as far as i am concerned. To look at......again meh. I used to think her quite stylish, now i think she tries too hard.
  • millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    She can afford to kit herself out in some decent gear,she still looks rough though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it's nasty to criticise someone just because of the way they look. But did anyone else see the South Park episode featuring SJP? very cruel but it was funny. :D
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miaoowwww..... Bellagio must be a size 8 catwalk model with amazing beauty and legs that go on forever.

By all means state you don't admire her acting skills - but leave personal attacks in the playground.
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Parker is plain, horsefaced is a reasonable description - except that horses are magnificant creatures and Parker is just - short, scrawny and - horse faced. Someone should tell her that old, old knees and scrawny old legs look better covered up (longer skirts and hosiery). :rolleyes:

Also unpleasant is her feud with Kim Cattrell - who was more glamorous and popular than Parker.

Parker got herself "executive producer" status - how and why did that come about?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People have different tastes, but me personally, I don't find her attractive at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the winner of the Grand National gets a free bottle of Lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just needs a nosejob. Simples!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a website called "Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse".

http://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com/
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romus wrote: »
    Parker is plain, horsefaced is a reasonable description - except that horses are magnificant creatures and Parker is just - short, scrawny and - horse faced. Someone should tell her that old, old knees and scrawny old legs look better covered up (longer skirts and hosiery). :rolleyes:

Also unpleasant is her feud with Kim Cattrell - who was more glamorous and popular than Parker.

Parker got herself "executive producer" status - how and why did that come about?

I never understood how such an unattractive "actress" became a "star" - she had no apparent talent or charisma, so I suspected she was the producer's "friend" ..... ;)

Kim Cattrell was, of course, a red-hot momma ..... :o:)
  • CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She asks if she has a face like a horse in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceCR3Rw7zkc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

Not a nice thing to say.

I think she has a beautiful smile, and above all she seems a nice woman.

Completely agree :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    This may be slightly OT, but why is it only ever women that are said to look like horses? You never hear a man being described as horsey-faced in the same way as SJP, or even Camilla, is oft referred to being...
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's stylish, and though not conventionally pretty, she carries herself very elegantly.
    It makes a change for an actress not to be stereotypically beautiful,IMO.
    It's probably true though, to say she's styled and made up by other people, but this seems to be the case for most famous women these days ... Look at Jennifer Aniston and Cheryl Cole ... Styled to within an inch of their lives! (both look very good on it, mind!)