Options

One of the best CBB's......thanks CH5.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After the Rodman/ Galloway/Chantelle/Preston one.

thanks CH5 for getting some decent celebs............at last.

Comments

• Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely I haven't wanted to miss an episode.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup...thought it's been great
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its definitely been the best of channel 5. I'm worried that they'll try to make the next just like this one now though and will fail.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's totally re energised my love for the show. It's been epic. :p
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Awwwwww at the end :cry:
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really sad this is the end. Best CBB EVER!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Its definitely been the best of channel 5. I'm worried that they'll try to make the next just like this one now though and will fail.

Dont look at the clouds of tomorrow, through the sunshine of today.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely been the best ever Ch.5 version.

It's fantastic that the show has survived and is still going strong in 2014.....it looked curtains for the programme when Ch.4 scrapped it.
  • Options
    janceejancee Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 have made a good fist of it I must say, but to be honest I was grateful that anyone had taken it up.

From Day 1 on Ch4 [oh halcyon days!, and I'd just got into chat rooms at that time] I've only ever missed an episode of BB when I've been on holiday - it's endlessly fascinating to anyone interested in human relations. Of course without live feed one has to factor in the edit but as long as you bear that in mind it's endlessly engaging stuff.

It was visionary, I think, for Channel 5 to take it up - could have bombed, but given the high profile that now emanates, zlebs are now falling over themselves to take part. I mean: Holyfield et al - obviously this is a show that US agents are looking to as a money-earner for their clients.

I'm still a purist in that I prefer civilian BB but I'll take anything they care to chuck.

This CBB has been enhanced, I think, by some judicious tasks which have taken advantage of the savviness of the genre that participants have gained, eg they know that old skool soft soap responses don't cut it, so they are more willing to speak out.

And the JD vs LN factor this series has proved the goldmine that must have been anticipated.

Can't wait for civilian BB though.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a classic, just like the good old days - pre Jade Goody!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    AaronWx wrote: »

BB is like a football match....you can select a cast(teams) which ticks every box....but at the end of the day you never quite know how it's going to pan out.....a dull and dire goalless draw....or a 5:4 classic with the winning goal scored against the run of play in the last minute....The best BB just happen...they are never made....lovely final episode to round off a great series....definitely up there with CBB4
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this series. I've been glued to every episode
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jancee wrote: »
    Channel 5 have made a good fist of it I must say, but to be honest I was grateful that anyone had taken it up.

From Day 1 on Ch4 [oh halcyon days!, and I'd just got into chat rooms at that time] I've only ever missed an episode of BB when I've been on holiday - it's endlessly fascinating to anyone interested in human relations. Of course without live feed one has to factor in the edit but as long as you bear that in mind it's endlessly engaging stuff.

It was visionary, I think, for Channel 5 to take it up - could have bombed, but given the high profile that now emanates, zlebs are now falling over themselves to take part. I mean: Holyfield et al - obviously this is a show that US agents are looking to as a money-earner for their clients.

I'm still a purist in that I prefer civilian BB but I'll take anything they care to chuck.

This CBB has been enhanced, I think, by some judicious tasks which have taken advantage of the savviness of the genre that participants have gained, eg they know that old skool soft soap responses don't cut it, so they are more willing to speak out.

And the JD vs LN factor this series has proved the goldmine that must have been anticipated.

Can't wait for civilian BB though.

Great post.:)

I've loved this series and I cannot believe it finishes tomorrow.:cry:
  • Options
    IrishdaveIrishdave Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite Celebrity series ever, kudos Channel 5!
  • Options
    MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this series.. I wonder what has actually made it good though?
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Luisa.
  • Options
    mdmanmdman Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great. We have the cast to thank for that, also some great ideas (like the frozen task)
  • Options
    MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having the relatives/friends in person made a huge difference compared to them being on the plasma tv or witten letters, I guess that now will be used every series.
  • Options
    Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly. It's been the worst IMO.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I've not been so enthralled by a series of Celebrity Big Brother since George Galloway turned to Rula Lenska and offered to "be the cat".
  • Options
    janceejancee Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I listed some attributes in my earlier post, but I would add that minimising the number of unknowns/wannabees [Danika et al] has been contributory.

Next time, all should be known peeps, and I don't think they'll have any trouble finding them. Second only to jungle in raising one's profile I think.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Its been a fabulous stand out cbb and I've loved it.
  • Options
    yeeah_jackieyeeah_jackie Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I've loved it too. It's been must see tv and has brightened up a boring cold month. Best CBB I've seen in a long time, prob since the Chantelle and Jackie Stallone years!
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mostly luck I suspect! The Jim/Linda thing might always have been compelling viewing but I don't believe the production team can ever really judge how the mix of people is going to work.