What smartphones is everyone looking forward to in 2015?

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone have anything in mind they're particularly after in 2015 or have we hit the peak?

Comments

• countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An upgraded Mk2 Moto G 4g with the same 5inch screen as the upgraded 3G model.
    And a response from Samsung to the challenge posed by the quality and price of the Huawei Honor 6 and One-Plus-One.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    countyboy wrote: »
    An upgraded Mk2 Moto G 4g with the same 5inch screen as the upgraded 3G model.
    And a response from Samsung to the challenge posed by the quality and price of the Huawei Honor 6 and One-Plus-One.

BIB

I have to admit I hadn't even heard of that till now and oh my is it pretty, shame it won't see a release in the west :(

EDIT: I have seen it on Amazon, I am so pissed I never discovered that model before shelling out for a GN 4 >:(

EDIT: I am seriously impressed with the Honor 6, so much so I am considering selling my iPhone 5S to get one!
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I agree that the peak has probably been reached. I'm looking forward to Windows 10 upgrade on my existing phone, so that will carry me through next year at least.
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still using my Nexus 4. Was planning on changing at turn of the year but nothing really jumping out at me, HTC One M8 possibly. had hoped for new Nexus but the 6 is far too big. Hopefully theyll release a smaller model but wont hold my breath. In the meantime ill just stick with my still reliable 4 until something really grabs my attention.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just more sequels really isn't it now? Samsung S6, HTC Hima aka One M9, LG G4, Sony Xperia Z4, Samsung Note 5, etc.

For me the only unique phone this year was the Samsung Galaxy Edge but it's so niche.

Phones like Huawei Honor and One-Plus-One will never be made readily available to the UK market will they? Is there a demand for these types of phones from brands less well known in the UK?
  • TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due an upgrade in 7 months and whilst a lot can happen in that time nothing I see at the moment temps me to replace my Lumia 920.

Three seem to have discontinued the higher spec Lumias and nothing on the Android front is shouting out. Might keep the current phone and go to a rolling sim contract until something catches my eye.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the last 2 years smartphones all seem the same.

We need something amazing to advance, like holographic skype calls, or the ability to stretch the screen into a 60" TV when needed!!
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true how the advance in mobile technology has slowed down. Each new model seems to have a diminishing return. It's best wait for a few models along now to experience a real difference and improvement.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    The Blackberry Classic.......
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not due an upgrade for a other year. But I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy S5. I did try a Nokia Lumia 735 recently and it was OK but not for me. I'll see whatever is out at the time before choosing my next phone.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like my Sony Z3 Compact and the only things I'd like changing are to have a user replaceable battery and a dual-sim option.
  • Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I'm due to upgrade my iPhone 5s in May 2015 so will either get the latest Sony Xperia device if that excites me and draws me back to Android or hold off until September and get the iPhone 6s/7

With how much I HATE my iPhone 5s now it's very unlikely I will have it another 9 months like. Would sell it but its too damaged for any recycle value :mad:
  • ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An upgraded Motorola Moto G 4G, with a better quality camera and 1080p video, dual SIM, same 4.5" screen and a 410 SOC. Same price. :cool: :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I am renewing in the Spring, so I will be looking at the new releases that are due around then. I currently have a Nexus 5 and i am not sure if i want to jump to the size of the Nexus 6. So i think size, battery life and whether i wan to return to a bloatware handset are the main issues for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's any truth in these rumours, the S6 will be my new phone. However, an octa-core processor was rumoured for the Note 4 and other handsets, and that rumour turned out to be rubbish. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s6-tipped-to-sport-full-aluminium-body-dual-edge-display-637107
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    If there's any truth in these rumours, the S6 will be my new phone. However, an octa-core processor was rumoured for the Note 4 and other handsets, and that rumour turned out to be rubbish. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s6-tipped-to-sport-full-aluminium-body-dual-edge-display-637107

The Note 4 does have an 8 core version. Just not in the UK.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

jabbamk1 wrote: »
    The Note 4 does have an 8 core version. Just not in the UK.
    Not to mention, the Galaxy Alpha has an octo-core SoC.

There have been octo-core variants of the S4, Note3, S5 and Note4/Edge but, as jabbamk1 says, they've not been sold in the UK. Some of them (the S4 and Note3) were 3G-only, so were not suitable for the UK markets, though it's not as clear why the later handsets came in two variants or why we got the Qualcomm ones.
    Generally though, there has been little-to-no difference in performance between the quad- and octo-core models Samsung have released.

All that said, with Lollipop offering proper x64 support and the possibility of improved big.LITTLE support, it makes more sense for Samsung to push ahead with their own chips in future handsets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    sony z4 compact

hopefully with a better camera than the z3 compact