The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly anything in that era of The Bill makes sense, it's all just convenient sensationalist plotting.

With regards to Polly, imo the character should never have returned. Already long since damaged by the Quinnan affair stuff, the plots after her return are just pure character assassination.
  • CBel27CBel27 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I think it's safe to say that; with Lisa Geoghan going on maternity leave just as Paul Marquess was becoming EP, it's my belief that PM would have had Polly die in the fire along with the rest of them, but because of Lisa's condition, she got away with it. And of course, PM was obliged for Lisa to come back and fulfil her contract, but he saw this as an opportunity to completely ruin the character's credibility and use the ridiculous story of Owen Preston as a way of getting rid of the Polly Page.

That's what I see of it anyway...
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Polly, watching it again annoys me how they treated a much loved character in this barmy period. And watching Madford giving her evidence had my blood boiling all over again, if I had been the writers I think I would have chnaged my mind and offered her up as the hostage instead of Smithy and then removed the armed reponse .
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few cuts to today ruined this the knife scene at the start was cut to bits
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I missed a bit this morning.

As they were taking Juliet away in the ambulance, Madford asked Gina whats wrong and Gina mumbled something about 'losing her marbles'. What was she referring to?
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

As they were taking Juliet away in the ambulance, Madford asked Gina whats wrong and Gina mumbled something about 'losing her marbles'. What was she referring to?
    For some reason my bloody stupid TV has recorded the 11am episode twice and all I have of the 12pm one is the bit at the end! >:( I will have to try to record both tomorrow!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as the live episode goes I could remember the bit about Jim Carver asking the bloke when Macca's baby had been born from when it was originally shown
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

I was confused by that bit too. :confused: I assume she thinks she saw Des in the yard.

This Polly stuff is so ridiculous, the complete destruction of her character. And Madford's psychosis is full-on, lurching from crocodile tears to acting normal and happy in literally seconds. >:(

I noticed that Gabriel Kent was diligently doing police work. If only we knew what was to come... ;-)
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was confused by that bit too. :confused: I assume she thinks she saw Des in the yard.

This Polly stuff is so ridiculous, the complete destruction of her character. And Madford's psychosis is full-on, lurching from crocodile tears to acting normal and happy in literally seconds. >:(

I noticed that Gabriel Kent was diligently doing police work. If only we knew what was to come... ;-)

She did , we don't see what she saw but we work that out later when we see Des .

As for the rest of the programme, a well executed live ep but Madford , any of them who could not work out that she was stark staring mad by her loopy behaviour last night but be short of a few brain cells themselves. I mean Juliet is dieing and she is trying to get her to take responsibility for searching the guy and then goes cock a hoop about being invited on GMTV .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and now for the other hubbie of Sharon from Birds of a feather today played by Peter Polycarpou
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They ballsed todays episode up, cut the end off, went to adverts, then Three Up Two Down Started.
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    They ballsed todays episode up, cut the end off, went to adverts, then Three Up Two Down Started.

Yeah i noticed that >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've spoken with the Uktv team they are now aware of this and will check to make sure it doesn't happen tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

That's kind of a relief as I thought my Sky+ box was on the blink
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    They have Hunter sleeping with everyone and anyone behind his wifes back, and they think we are interested in them struggling to have kids :confused::confused:

Hunter is so unlikeable i couldnt give a damn, i FF through the crap.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Kent has started his mind games with Ackland.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've spoken with the Uktv team they are now aware of this and will check to make sure it doesn't happen tonight
    Wonder if we will get the full version of tomorrows 11am repeat or whether that will have the end chopped off as well! :confused:
  • lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the Bill? The Radio Times says midnight and the tv guide on the actual tv says the Bill but they're showing Lovejoy.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D
    well i think its safe to say tonights episode of the bill wont be chopped off at the end!:D
    what is going on with these amatuers?
  • lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the Drama website has the Bill listed.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they have all gone deep undercover? if a regular bill actor turns up in this episode i may freak out :D
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they have all gone deep undercover? if a regular bill actor turns up in this episode i may freak out :D

Seen smithy on holby city last night !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The early morning repeat had Lovejoy in it's place as well

As for Bill regulars appearing in it Diane Parish aka Eva Sharpe was one of the main cast in the final series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it was pulled on purpose because of the body of that 13yo girl being found yesterday and the current pedo s/l?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it was pulled on purpose because of the body of that 13yo girl being found yesterday and the current pedo s/l?

Surely if that was the case they wouldn't have shown the episode at all