bid tv and price-drop off air

Comments

• the_radio_kidthe_radio_kid Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:

They are always going down, and do they ever tell us?

They went down the other day and showed speed auctions on bid up.

How come when the channels remove the DOGs it causes a blip in the sound?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make sure you are paying attention and you can sort your box out if you need to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NIGEL R. wrote:
    wow

seen the camera on QVC

i have got a camera but it is a bit smaller but mine is a 7MP

Nice camera, but if i had 340 pounds to spend on a camera i would use the money, to go see my family in the states
  • the_radio_kidthe_radio_kid Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pricedrop gone to trade testing bar - now back to tv warehouse
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Price Drop TV just broke up into purple and black squares and now both channels are showing different products.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is stupid enough to deal with these scam merchants, they should seek urgent help.

Most of the stuff is over priced junk, plus the obligatory phone call charges ( in very small print ) and of course their hyped delivery charges...which amounts to around £10 before you start.

They say there is one born every minute.

Auction???? get real.

Leeches.....Long may they be gone.

They prey on the gullible and naive in society.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am far from naive and guliable, last w/e i bought 11 tops for less then 27 pounds and 4 towles and a dressing gown/bath robe for 27 and also a umbro watch for 11 pounds, and i must say , i am very pleased with the items and friends and family say they are good too, The towels are excilant, i worked in hotels for 20+ years and never saw towels of the quality i got from bid up and price drop.

I know many other people that have bought from the channels too, who are very happy with the products.

Also when working out the price of a item you have to add the postage and price together and decide if it is good value, i dont bid on the phone , use the internet , which is free and saves me 1.50 a time.
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cool. I don't know much about production galleries but that one looks like the Fisher Price My 1st television studio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to mention a friend at work bid on something from price-drop.tv and it arrived within a few days, she's had the item for a year or two at least and is very happy with it.

It was a watch, and a bargain compared with some High Street jewelers selling the exact same one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Big power cut. Channels should be back tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ejim03 wrote:
    I have to mention a friend at work bid on something from price-drop.tv and it arrived within a few days, she's had the item for a year or two at least and is very happy with it.

It was a watch, and a bargain compared with some High Street jewelers selling the exact same one.

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!

brother bought a watch from price drop , when they first started, what almost 3 years ago now, and it is still working, the watch i bought would have cost me up to 150 pounds in the high street, if not more, and i got it for 11 pounds, could not even get the strap in the high street for that.

Bid up must be doing some thing right to go from 1 channel to 3 in less then four years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big power cut. Channels should be back tomorrow.

FUNNY seem to remember it happenning last paddys day to.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can`t remember that

anyway i`m off to bed now and i will look at this thread in the morning. :) :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before i got sick, i use to run my own business and i feel sorry for the webmaster and it team, they have lost everything and months, if not years of work, there is not one product on any of there websites, hope they had all the websites on back up discs or a back up server.

Could take them weeks to get all there products back on there site.

I remember when i first put my web site together took me 3 months to get 6000 products on my site.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:
    FUNNY seem to remember it happenning last paddys day to.
    LOL :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NIGEL R. wrote:
    can`t remember that

anyway i`m off to bed now and i will look at this thread in the morning. :) :yawn:

Good night, dont let the bed bugs bite, i will watch the last hour of qvc lol, and then bed for me.

Darn, am i really admitting that on here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:
    I am far from naive and guliable, last w/e i bought 11 tops for less then 27 pounds and 4 towles and a dressing gown/bath robe for 27 and also a umbro watch for 11 pounds, and i must say , i am very pleased with the items and friends and family say they are good too, The towels are excilant, i worked in hotels for 20+ years and never saw towels of the quality i got from bid up and price drop.

Fine, I have to take your word for it, you obviously needed those items, and couldn't find them at better value anywhere else.

Obviously you looked around before buying those needed items. :rolleyes:

I suspect the quoted prices didn't include the scam delivery charges.

Oh BTW, I think we all realise that Hotel towels are hardly of the best quality to compare with....

To each his / her own, as they say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:
    Good night, dont let the bed bugs bite, i will watch the last hour of qvc lol, and then bed for me.

Darn, am i really admitting that on here

Fraid so....sad innit... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silvernet wrote:
    Fine, I have to take your word for it, you obviously needed those items, and couldn't find them at better value anywhere else.

Obviously you looked around before buying those needed items. :rolleyes:

I suspect the quoted prices didn't include the scam delivery charges.

Oh BTW, I think we all realise that Hotel towels are hardly of the best quality to compare with....

To each his / her own, as they say.

All prices are inclusive of the 7.99 delievery charges and excluding the 1.50 phone call, cause i bid on line,

THe towels in my hotels were the best quality i worked in 5 star hotels , they must be good, cause about 25% A DAY WERE STOLEN BY GUESTS TAKEN THEM HOME, THAT SAYS IT ALL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And i must say the delievery charges are not a scam , as if you went to local post office and posted a item to arrive with in 7 days with insurance and signature, insurance being for the full replacment price of the item bought and not the price paid, you will see that postal charges are now very very expensive.

I sold a item on e bay last year and had to contact the buyer , because the postage had gone up and they paid another 5 pounds postage, because of postage and insurance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i said earlier, you have to add all the charges together then decide if it is good value, that is postage , phone call and price of item.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    How come when the channels remove the DOGs it causes a blip in the sound?

Well depending on how they distribute their signal could affect the audio. Most likely they will have some sort of logostore which adds on the DOG. This may well cause a sound blip and picture jump should it be switched in and out of line!
    It is also possible that they are changing their matix which distributes the video and audio signal.
  • tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:
    Could take them weeks to get all there products back on there site.

AFAIK their website is tighly integrated with whatever runs the auctions and graphics on screen. if they've lost them then I doubt it will be feeding what's available into the website.
    raymogy wrote:
    I remember when i first put my web site together took me 3 months to get 6000 products on my site.

Bloody hell, don't fancy that!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a pain, you have to put in price, then picture , and most importantly product discription, for each item. discription can take you upto 20 mins each. and then stock level , and thats all i can remember of the top of my head,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that sit-up will have offsite backups of their data. They couldn't really afford not to given the long disruptions and possible loss of revenue due to data loss.