caravan aerials

MolipaMolipa Posts: 178
Forum Member
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if its possible to receive digital signals from a caravan aerial [status omnidirectional type] and also which box is most tolerant of the weaker signals received from this type of aerial.

Comments

• Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on coverage. You are more likely to receive a good signal with a caravan aerial than with a set-top aerial, but it still won't be as good as a house-roof aerial.

You can find out the nearest DTT transmitter to the site using the DTG postcode checker

EDIT: For the second part of your question, the Setpal boxes are designed for fringe coverage areas, so that's probably the best to consider for a caravan.
  • BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried with a Staus aerial with with a normal mast mounted caravan aerial I successfully got complete reception at Caister whilst on a short break using the Daewoo setpal even though the signal strength was showing up as 0!
    At times a poor signal warning appeared but easily got rid of by pressing the cancel button and occasionally an odd bit of pixelation and blocking showed up on the 64QAM mux's but all in all pretty acceptable performance when watched on a 14" TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Don't bother with the Status UFO junk - get a decent aerial and use a mast from a caravan shop - either A Frame mounted or sticky pads on side.

We use a Pace Twin quite well on holiday!

I use a mid size wideband on a 3 part AFrame mast