Harry and Paul's Magnificent Sporting Moments

shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are they having a laugh? Two of the 90s best comedians reduced to this? Do they seriously still think they're Funny? Just speaking over crap video clips plucked from YouTube pretending to be a very bad Alam Hansen and Lineker is not funny :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Are they having a laugh? Two of the 90s best comedians reduced to this? Do they seriously still think they're Funny? Just speaking over crap video clips plucked from YouTube pretending to be a very bad Alam Hansen and Lineker is not funny :(

Embarrassingly bad IMO
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see them on BBC1.but the only thing we ve got out of this is Enfields;s well observed impression of Lineker shifting his body from side to side. but thats it,Half expecting to see Tim Brooke Taylor. but it's probably past his bed time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Shockingly bad, this is in the same vain as citizen khan which was tripe! BBC what are you playing at? Jesus wept.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Embarrassingly bad IMO

So bad that after 3 minutes I turned over To news night.
    Who commisoned this rubbish?

And to think, Harry and Paul were my favourite comedians of the 90s.
  • super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rather enjoyed that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clip show format is naff, but I liked Harry's creepy Gary Lineker.
  • AdmiralsReserveAdmiralsReserve Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Truely Awful - what is it with the BBC and comedy ATM!
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IDK? Yeah? IM WTF FFS! Right? IASMFS! Innit?
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a bit of a curiousity, I was quite amused both by some of the clips and the studio based links but it's an odd use of their talents and the immediate question would be why this wasn't shown around Olympics time......if BBC2 have finally given up on their sketch show a better title might have been "Harry and Paul....So Finally, It's Come to This".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Totally agree. It's a shame these two comedy greats had to do this show. Stumbled upon it and tried so so hard to like it as i love the two of them but had to turn it over. The only thing that grew on me was Harry's Gary Lineker.

Maybe Julio Geordio should have made an appearance. ( or maybe he did and i missed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXzRWlL7Z0
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitiful! Their recent series was bad enough but this was much worse. These guys were washed up years ago. Why the Beeb persist with them is beyond me.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the judgement here?

Mixing that style of "You've Been Framed" humour with Harry and Paul is like lobster flavoured milkshake.

You need a slightly cheesy comedian whose act is cheesy by design, like Michael McIntyre or Alexander Armstrong.

Or that guy who does all the awful puns, christmas cracker comedy man. Forget his name, related to some news reader?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Vine!
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was certainly original comedy. Fusing together YBF with an impressionist show.

Was this meant for the Christmas period but postponed (trouble editing it together, perhaps?)

I laughed at times because of the Schadenfreude aspects. Cheap laughs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doyler11 wrote: »
    It's a shame these two comedy greats had to do this show.

OMG! Y?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    OMG! Y?

Because they are better than that dung!!!
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    han1988 wrote: »
    Shockingly bad, this is in the same vain as citizen khan which was tripe! BBC what are you playing at? Jesus wept.

God, some folk are hard to please, or maybe have no sense of humour.

Get your senses checked at the doc, you may be dead from the neck up.

Grrrrrrrreat banter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doyler11 wrote: »
    Because they are better than that dung!!!

OMG! Who? Y? Who made them do this show? What? Is going on? Two greats... had to do this show! I've downloaded it and now I'm afraid to watch! Peoples are hatin' on it. And now this revelation that they had to do this dung. I'm scarrit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, fearless I, I watched it.

It was definitely worth a watch. I rarely watch "Nutty Happenings!" shows because, as with most anything, they are usually rehashes or full of mediocrity... but given enough time between there can be enough interesting/funny stuff to properly fill an hour or so.

So I was entertained by most of the clips.

And hosted by, yes, two of the most talented character actors around (Whitehouse is often just ...awesome), it made it all the more enjoyable.

A bit of an unexpected offering, maybe. But nothing to bitch about, for sure.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was worth watching for the well observed crucifying of Lineker and Hansen, although I've no idea who the other one was supposed to be.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It was worth watching for the well observed crucifying of Lineker and Hansen, although I've no idea who the other one was supposed to be.

Tsk, it was Shearer wasn't it ?

I found it rather funny actually, but then I think Father Ted and Mrs Brown's Boys are shit, so my comedy antenna are well skewed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Lawro

Mark Lawrenson
  • baldtonybaldtony Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I thought it was funny.
    Musn't be as sophistamucated as you lot
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Agreed. Though the accent was all wrong, Enfield's impersonation of uber creepy Lineker was spot on.