Options

ESPN Subscription ending

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
I've just had an e-mail to say my ESPN subscription is ending on the 31st of July. I believed my subscription was just on-going till i cancelled it. Is this because ESPN have lost the premier league football and it's going to be free from then?

Comments

• Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    united99 wrote: »
    I've just had an e-mail to say my ESPN subscription is ending on the 31st of July. I believed my subscription was just on-going till i cancelled it. Is this because ESPN have lost the premier league football and it's going to be free from then?

Just had the same email , ESPN are pulling out of the UK market and BT sports have picked up most of their rights
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    Just had the same email , ESPN are pulling out of the UK market and BT sports have picked up most of their rights

The ESPN channels themselves have been bought by BT Sport, not just the content rights. I don't think BT have said what they are doing with the ESPN and ESPN America channels. We know ESPN Classic is closing though as this wasnt bought by BT Sport.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ESPN (as you know it) will cease to exist.
    the channels are being absorbed into BT (with Classic being closed down eventually).
    so as far are your email is concerned, the channel is closing as of 31st July.
  • Options
    Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    same here, clicked on the link and it just timed out, thought may as well cancel it now seeing as prem league sown up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I didnt realise ESPN we're pulling out altogether / being absorbed into BT. Have BT released any pricing details for their sports package yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have BT released any pricing details for their sports package yet?

no they haven't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I didnt realise ESPN we're pulling out altogether / being absorbed into BT. Have BT released any pricing details for their sports package yet?

They are exiting all European operations, probably on the back of losing the Premier League rights in the UK.

As far as I am aware BT Sport hasn't announced a pricing structure yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    They are exiting all European operations, probably on the back of losing the Premier League rights in the UK..

remember all the posts saying that Disney backed ESPN would not fail and would put up a challenge to Sky?

oh how we can look back and chuckle now :D
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I receaved the email as well. It depends on the price of the BT Sports channels whether I subscribe to them, as well as Sky Sports and also I subscribe to Sky Movies as well.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take it BT is going to be available on the Sky platform, or are they going to try and use the football deal to make people get a BT Vision box?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it BT is going to be available on the Sky platform, or are they going to try and use the football deal to make people get a BT Vision box?

their channels will be on the Sky platform, but they are reportedly handing subscription themselves (like Setanta did).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    their channels will be on the Sky platform, but they are reportedly handing subscription themselves (like Setanta did).

Remember how successful they were at that, and how impossible it was to cancel.
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will still be 1 ESPN branded channel owned by BT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »

They are testing at present through the other channel option, which I have tuned into and it says on the EPG channel at the bottom of the screen: BT Sport is Coming Soon.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will still be 1 ESPN branded channel owned by BT

Where has this been announced?
  • Options
    Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've received the email too and have decided to cancel with 31 days notice.

It took a few attempts to be able to get through to the cancellation page but once through to the page the cancellation process was straightforward.

Although there was an on-screen acknowledgement that I had cancelled I would also have liked to have received a confirmation by email too though it is possible one may yet be sent.
  • Options
    jwarjwar Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Thomo, how do I find the test channel for it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jwar wrote: »

I've forgotten the tuning details, as I originally found the tuning details in in the Satellite Weekly News thread in the general Sky Forum pages, luckily I've got them tuned in now. It will be best to ask some of the posters on that thread as they will have all the right frequency details. Sorry I can't be any further help.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cancelled mine now,the link must have been getting hammered before
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balb0wa wrote: »
    cancelled mine now,the link must have been getting hammered before

Haven't had the email, what's the link to cancel?
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If X-Games LA isn't availabe in the UK (Aug 1-4) i will be livid!!!
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    They are testing at present through the other channel option, which I have tuned into and it says on the EPG channel at the bottom of the screen: BT Sport is Coming Soon.
    Ian.
    jwar wrote: »
    THOMO wrote: »
    I've forgotten the tuning details, as I originally found the tuning details in in the Satellite Weekly News thread in the general Sky Forum pages, luckily I've got them tuned in now. It will be best to ask some of the posters on that thread as they will have all the right frequency details. Sorry I can't be any further help.
    Ian.
    Tuning details are-

11.527 V, 27.500, 2/3.

"50360"....For BT Sport 2 HD (UK).
    "50361"....For BT Sport 2 HD (ROI) or (Commercial).
    "50365"....For BT Sport 1 (UK?)

11.585 H, 27.500, 2/3.

"50660"....For BT Sport 1 HD (UK).
    "50661"....For BT Sport 1 HD (ROI) or (Commercial).

12.607 V, 27.500, 2/3.

"55335"....For BT Sport 2 (UK?).
  • Options
    sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    Where has this been announced?

www.btsport.com

Halfway down next to the ESPN logo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sps1013 wrote: »
    www.btsport.com

Halfway down next to the ESPN logo.

Ah right, wonder why they've opted to keep the ESPN brand.