Options

BT Sports Channel

Comments

• Options
    easter unnyeaster unny Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Will there be an extra charge for Sky Multiroon ?
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarkec321 wrote: »
    Not only how will Virgin Media deal with it, but what are they going to do to compensate people on high tier TV packages who currently get ESPN included?

Surely, there's no chance they're going to include BT Sport in its place

I'm predicting that if they will 'replace' ESPN with Sky Atlantic plus maybe one obscure sports channel (BoxNation, Premier Sports).
  • Options
    madmusicianmadmusician Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    You bought through Sentanta and just gave them your Sky Card number if I recall, then it appeared after a view minutes on your box if I recall correctly.

In which case, it will be dead easy for this to work. BT have already set up a call centre for the new sports orders (Lawrence Dallaglio opened it a couple of months ago) and are used to dealing with retail orders, so hopefully will not have the problems that Setanta had on that front!
  • Options
    PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any pricing for multiroom yet? Is it "free"? We have 2 boxes so ideally if we were to get BT Sport would want it on both.

Very clever move from BT with giving it "free" with broadband. £15 on Sky is steep for people like me but as someone mentioned before, they aren't really interested in customers like us, fairly understandably.
  • Options
    SmidsterSmidster Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Absolutely nothing about US Sport as yet (MLB, NCAA etc) nor is it listed on the BT Website.
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arobbins wrote: »
    To check this is right:

Cancel SKY Talk (£14.50), broadband (£7.50) and ESPN (£10.00) - save £32.00/month

Subscribe to BT line rental (£15.45) and Broadband (£16) and BT Sport (Free) - costs £31.45/month

So BT have been very clever here in that subscribing to BT Sport will not cost anymore than subscribing to ESPN, but they get your phone line and Broadband.

I think a call to SKY is in order to cancel my phone line and broadband...

As I mentioned above if you pay line rental a year up front you pay £10.75 pm
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Now the channels showing some sort of promo
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In which case, it will be dead easy for this to work. BT have already set up a call centre for the new sports orders (Lawrence Dallaglio opened it a couple of months ago) and are used to dealing with retail orders, so hopefully will not have the problems that Setanta had on that front!

It would be easier if you could do it online. I hate calling these kinds of companies up and BT are notoriously one of the worst ones considering they are a communications company.
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To check this is right:

Cancel SKY Talk (£14.50), broadband (£7.50) and ESPN (£10.00) - save £32.00/month

Subscribe to BT line rental (£15.45) and Broadband (£16) and BT Sport (Free) - costs £31.45/month

So BT have been very clever here in that subscribing to BT Sport will not cost anymore than subscribing to ESPN, but they get your phone line and Broadband.

Yes, it wont make a much financial difference for peolle switching to BT for phone & BB, but for people like myself who has BT phone & BT Broadband, and who subscribes to ESPN on Sky, this is (currently) a saving of what, £6/month? I say currently as no details of multiroom charges have been announced yet.
  • Options
    airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that they have just secured exclusive UK broadcast rights for MotoGP from next season too.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have made the BT broadband switch even more of an incentive to customers by seriously over pricing BT Sport without BT Broadband - £18 a month for HD is not going to get any traction in this market whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    tellyadict wrote: »
    As I mentioned above if you pay line rental a year up front you pay £10.75 pm

Plus Sainsburys vouchers too :)

So BT Sport is cheaper than ESPN.

Surelty this is a no brainer - if you used to have ESPN why on earth would you not cancel sky talk and sky broadband and move that service to BT?
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To check this is right:

Not really comparing like for like - if we assume BT's new broadband offer of £15 for infinity fibre optic BB

Sky Talk (£14.50), Sky Fibre BB (£20), BT Sport (£15) = £49.50

BT Line Rental (£15), Infinity BB (£15), BT Sport (Free) = £30

Again - this depends on the new BT Infinity offer - it may not be unlimited usage wheras Sky Fibre BB is - but its the most like to like comparison you can make.
  • Options
    richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    free bt sports on bt broadband gotta sign up for a 12 month contract!
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus Sainsburys vouchers too :)

So BT Sport is cheaper than ESPN.

Surelty this is a no brainer - if you used to have ESPN why on earth would you not cancel sky talk and sky broadband and move that service to BT?

Lets see Sky's response :)
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    Well, I shall use this to get a deal on my broadband and phone with Sky, then.

I don't see enough 12:45pm games to warrant the hassle of switching providers just to get an extra three channels.

As was mentioned a number of pages back, there comes a time where you have to go outdoors and see some daylight, and I already have the better sports package of the two.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arunan22 wrote: »
    Not really comparing like for like - if we assume BT's new broadband offer of £15 for infinity fibre optic BB

Sky Talk (£14.50), Sky Fibre BB (£20), BT Sport (£15) = £49.50

BT Line Rental (£15), Infinity BB (£15), BT Sport (Free) = £30

Again - this depends on the new BT Infinity offer - it may not be unlimited usage wheras Sky Fibre BB is - but its the most like to like comparison you can make.

The £15 Infinity is limited to 40GB per month. The unlimited option is £23 for up to 38Mb or £26 for up to 76Mb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Can't get BT Vision or Infinity in my area due to lack of cabling, it's also a freeview 'light' area, so I can't get BT Youview. It's not a pay extra on freesat, won't likely be on VM & I don't want Sky. Let's hope they have a good live stream deal for tablets etc.
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course - a common offer from Sky would be to give away/severely discount their line rental. It is used in many retention/new customer offers.

It's a simpel way for Sky to retailliate - knock off £14.50 line rental - so the customer can subscribe to BT Sport at £15 - essentially cancelling out any price difference for moving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the Twitter feed people fall into a few camps

Those who have BT Broadband so are very excited it's free

Those who don't but will consider moving

People not liking the pundits at all and hence don't like look of channel

Those who have realised they lose Moto GP and are angry but will not take out BT BB or pay stand alone fee.
  • Options
    JeffmisterJeffmister Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Some interesting announcements, with the big one being BT Sport being made available for free to broadband customers. Surely Sky would have to respond in some way seeing there will be people who would switch to get the EPL, FA Cup, MotoGP, etc with their broadband. However it remains to see how many people will actually take advantage.

One other question I have is whether the BT Sport online offering would be made available to non BT broadband/Sky customers through a monthly subscription like Sky Sports is through either Sky Go's Monthly Pass or NOW TV?

Finally, http://www.bt.com/sport/ has some promos up about the channel
  • Options
    jonboy35jonboy35 Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so i pay 7.50 for broadband with sky

i pay 5 pounds for my phone calls ie if i dont ring moblie numbers and just ring local numbers or other landline calls and hang up after 59 mintues i only pay 5 quid for 24 hours a day unlimted calls , plus if i ring sky up its free.

plus i have free line rental for 12 months as i bargined with them and i had espn for half price for 6 months , so is it worth me moving to bt ??????
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smidster wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing about US Sport as yet (MLB, NCAA etc) nor is it listed on the BT Website.

The promo that is now running on 413/414 on sky does say including live MLB games
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to comfirm BT Sport stand alone price is £15 INC HD and £12 without
  • Options
    Ben1980Ben1980 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really thought I would never do it but this might have me going back to BT.

Already cancelled ESPN but the offer of BT Sport with ESPN for hardly any additional cost to Sky's line rental and standard broadband.

Throw in the 6 months free BT broadband, sainsburys vouchers and the new hub to replace the dodgy modem that Sky won't replace and I think I have a deal.

The cloud storage will also save me paying for Sky drive too.
This discussion has been closed.