cliff michael ball & daniel o'donnell ambigious sexuality

Comments

• Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Daniel (I should have been strangled at birth), is married has been for a number of years now. She is from one of the eastern block countries. He seems to attract older' yer mammy' type fans. I would rather jump head first into my own vomit than have to listen to him.

I would never listen to him either but that's a bit much. Why do people have to be so unkind?
  • PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    I would never listen to him either but that's a bit much. Why do people have to be so unkind?

It's just pantomime unkindness. :rolleyes:
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

If a person doesn't wish to 'come out' (if there is indeed anything to 'come out' about) then that is up to them. They do not have a 'duty' to become some kind of spokesman on the subject.

I have always felt this way too. I hate the culture out "outing" people, it's just bullying imho and no better than how homophobes behave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess so but I think some posters forget they are talking about real people. Yes, they are celebs and put themselves up there but some people don't seem to know there are limits. Oh well, I am probably more bothered than they are!
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    What is an eastern block country?

Daniel makes me want to vomit too, when he is onstage. But is quite nice in real life.

Ah you're clearly a young lass. It's an Eastern European country. Before the USSR split they were referred to as the Eastern Bloc. That said I believe his missus is Spanish
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a massive Cliff fan and I'm a 22 year old gay lad so if he came out it wouldn't bother me but I do believe it would bother some of his older fans
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    I'm a massive Cliff fan and I'm a 22 year old gay lad so if he came out it wouldn't bother me but I do believe it would bother some of his older fans

I don't think Cliff living with a bloke proves or disproves he is gay! Would they be the same thoughts for two women living together? I doubt it.

Many years ago my neighbour owned a house in Portugal and for one holiday her next door neighbour was Cliff who was very interested in her very pretty daughter and she assured me back then he was not gay!!

I don't know (and don't want to know) FA about other guy but I knew someone who worked with Michael in west end and they just said he was lovely to work with and one of the most generous kindest men ever! I don't think he is gay either !
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loon wrote: »
    Ah you're clearly a young lass. It's an Eastern European country. Before the USSR split they were referred to as the Eastern Bloc. That said I believe his missus is Spanish

His missus is Irish, hails from County Tipperary. ;) He met her in Tenerife.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Misread this thread - thought it said Declan Donnelly:o

Well he was mentioned in the same sentence as Sir Cliff
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    You have misinterpreted that post. :) Sparkle22 is stating as a fact that they have large female fanbases, not giving it as a reason for why they might be gay. Hiis/her post is querying whether or not it might be regarded as a deception if it were the case that all three are gay.

They've placed that bit between two bits that went on about being gay. It was almost saying that if you had an all female audience, you're gay. :)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See shows how much I pay attention.

He was engaged to some East European for ages, always in the Sunday papers in Ireland.

He used to like visiting Romanian orphanages a lot, thought poor sods what have the done to deserve that!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »

Cliff's a fantastic entertainer, he hasn't been going all this time for nothing. He gets a bad press and it's totally undeserved. Good for you cliffy91. :D
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a whole bunch of Cliff albums and love his voice. He himself has described his sexuality as, "an enigma" - which I took to mean that he's basically bi - though I think that he's mostly on the gay side of bi.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Their sexuality is only 'ambiguous' because they have kept their private lives private. Not every celeb feels the need to **** every aspect of their lives to the media.

You clearly don't know much about Daniel O'Donnell. He uses and has used his 'private life' as a marketing tool for decades, be it in the form of documentaries, autobiographies, photo books of his 'home life', a fan club helmed by his wife where she frequently details where they've been on holiday...the list goes on.
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    You clearly don't know much about Daniel O'Donnell. He uses and has used his 'private life' as a marketing tool for decades, be it in the form of documentaries, autobiographies, photo books of his 'home life', a fan club helmed by his wife where she frequently details where they've been on holiday...the list goes on.

Not to mention all the fans he invited into his home down the years for tea and cake.

Yes, he's very private. :D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They shout, 'You should be strangled at birth/make me want to dive into vomit' not boo and hiss now?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shout, 'You should be strangled at birth/make me want to dive into vomit' not boo and hiss now?

On the internet they do, yes.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucycon wrote: »
    Elton John was married at one time, so him living with Cathy McGowan means nothing really.

Knowing Cathy McGowan she would not be staying in a relationship with a man if she had the slightest thought that he was gay or bi-sexual, she would not waste her time or live a lie for the media.

On a general note just because someone does not play their personal / sex life out in front of the cameras does not mean they are hiding anything, they could be gay , they could be straight , they have probably just decided it's their business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Although I'm no Daniel fan I feel a need to point out that his wife is Irish not Eastern European, she's currently suffering from breast cancer and made the very brave move to shave her head live on Irish television recently to raise awareness and give support to other cancer patients.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Daniel (I should have been strangled at birth), is married has been for a number of years now. She is from one of the eastern block countries. He seems to attract older' yer mammy' type fans. I would rather jump head first into my own vomit than have to listen to him.

Eh? :confused: She's from Tipperary!
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Knowing Cathy McGowan she would not be staying in a relationship with a man if she had the slightest thought that he was gay or bi-sexual, she would not waste her time or live a lie for the media.

So you actually know her personally? :confused:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the internet they do, yes.

In panto, I meant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I don't think Cliff living with a bloke proves or disproves he is gay! Would they be the same thoughts for two women living together? I doubt it.

Many years ago my neighbour owned a house in Portugal and for one holiday her next door neighbour was Cliff who was very interested in her very pretty daughter and she assured me back then he was not gay!!

I don't know (and don't want to know) FA about other guy but I knew someone who worked with Michael in west end and they just said he was lovely to work with and one of the most generous kindest men ever! I don't think he is gay either !

Each to their own thoughts. :confused:
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually, I don't. All that is news to me. Then again, I'm not a fan, I don't follow his career and I don't live in Ireland.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Why do they have to come out, I couldn't give a rats... Freddie was gay straight and bi and some point in his life, didn't bother anybody one jot, and he kept his terminal illness secret and nobody thought less of him

Slightly different situation. I think if Freddie felt OK to 'come out' he would have done earlier in his life. Same about AIDS. I don't think he felt he could talk about it, it really shocked a lot of people (not in the least those who'd been in the same circles, I can only imagine them stressing out about having to take tests...) when he finally showed just how ill he was. He died not long after 'I'm going slighly mad'.