Options

Is Adam Thomas half black/mixed race?

max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all, probably a silly question but after seeing them introduce Jason's father as a black man I couldn't help wondering if his natural father in real life is a black man?

To me he looks more Latino or Italian than half black.

Comments

• Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you mean Ryan Thomas, although I suppose it would apply to both.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Thomas (and his brother Adam, off of Emmerdale) have a mixed-race dad in real life.
  • Options
    max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sorry I mean Ryan, always get them confused.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH COME ON!! I would love for one actor to see some of these insulting threads and sue!!! cos some of this stuff is vile nasty slander!
  • Options
    Apple grapeApple grape Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    No such thing as half black dear
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always though Jason had Spanish blood in him rather than having a black Dad. Adam from Emmerdale looks too dark for his family though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are no rules about skin colour. Some mixed-race children are fair, some are dark, some are somewhere in between. My son's best friend has a white mother and black father, and his mum tells me that she is forever being told her son looks 'Asian'. She despairs over the ignorance shown to them.

Skin colour is no more predictable than hair colour. All of my mother's family are blonde, and my dad has jet-black hair; I have brown hair, as do many of my cousins. Two of my children have brown eyes, one has blue - and they have the same dad.

When we lived in North London, a lot of people used to assume that I was Jewish based upon my appearance, although I'm not - my OH never got the same remarks, but actually does have Jewish ancestry. Dave Gorman's routine on a similar experience is very funny.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no rules about skin colour. Some mixed-race children are fair, some are dark, some are somewhere in between. My son's best friend has a white mother and black father, and his mum tells me that she is forever being told her son looks 'Asian'. She despairs over the ignorance shown to them.

Skin colour is no more predictable than hair colour. All of my mother's family are blonde, and my dad has jet-black hair; I have brown hair, as do many of my cousins. Two of my children have brown eyes, one has blue - and they have the same dad.

When we lived in North London, a lot of people used to assume that I was Jewish based upon my appearance, although I'm not - my OH never got the same remarks, but actually does have Jewish ancestry. Dave Gorman's routine on a similar experience is very funny.

Spot on :)

The guy (Jason's dad) in CS is mixed race - or dual heritage these days - to represent Jason's skin tone. Jade from big brother was the same, her dad was mixed race/dual heritage. Many dual heritage people can have great differences in skin tone - from light to dark! No set rule. Such is the variety of life! :)
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    OH COME ON!! I would love for one actor to see some of these insulting threads and sue!!! cos some of this stuff is vile nasty slander!

Are you including this thread?
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

:confused: ?? How is that slander?
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »

Or vile and nasty :confused:
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

Excuse me. What on earth is vile and nasty about being mixed race???
    And how in gods name is questioning someone's race slander??
    Go back to school dear!
  • Options
    Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Are you including this thread?
    jake lyle wrote: »

Just like buses - you wait an hour and 45 minutes for a reply and then two come along at once! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of the brothers have beautiful skin tones. Jealous.
  • Options
    CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Boy bye! What the hell is vile and nasty about being Mixed race?

Anyway to the OP, I'm Mixed; Black and Latina. But in England y'all seem to think everyone with my skin tone is Indian but then y'all see my hair and get confused. People come in all shades, a cousin of mine is Zimbabwean and Jamaican and she looks lighter than all of us.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say it's insulting, vile or nasty, but that's a matter of opinion. It's definitely not slander, though, and that's a matter of fact.
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Needless and vile and nasty
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's insulting, vile or nasty, but that's a matter of opinion. It's definitely not slander, though, and that's a matter of fact.

Indeed... remember the rule: Slander starts with an S so it's spoken... Libel is written in Lines so it's written (or typed!)

I don't think it's Libellous either, but I would say it could be insulting and it is needless
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Indeed... remember the rule: Slander starts with an S so it's spoken... Libel is written in Lines so it's written (or typed!)

I don't think it's Libellous either, but I would say it could be insulting and it is needless
    I don't think it is deliberately insulting, though - maybe tactless, and yes, maybe needless.