Options

What's your favourite Disney movie?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
Forum Member
I've looked through the film forum and can't find anything on favourite Disney movies, so i thought i'd start this off.

Disney have brought out some really good movies over the past couple of years (Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Nemo etc), but what's your favourite Disney movie of all time? Everyone must have one from either when they were young, or when watching one with their children or grandchildren.

My recent favourite Disney movie has to be Finding Nemo. It's a really funny movie, and Pixar are leading the way in animation for the 21st century. A couple of my favourite Disney movies would either be out of Aladdin or The Lion King.

I used to have a load of Disney videos when I was younger, but sold them all :( Wish I didn't now, because most Disney movies are great.

Disney on their own recently haven't been that successful because of releasing sequels to classic movies, which should be kept that way and not destroyed (such as The Lion king, Peter Pan etc). Pixar are leading the way at the moment, with Disney leaning on them so they can cash in on another companies success.

So, what's your favourite Disney movie, and what do you think of Disney's status at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our family have around 300 or more videos in our collection, 80% of which are disney.

Disney has been really successful in the past, with films like the Lion King (I think that must be everyones all time favourite), Hercules, Alladin, Pocahontus to name but a few.

Pixar is getting on very well too. The only annoying thing I find with disney is all the sequels they put out just to make money. Eg Pocahontus 2. What was all that about. The film was meant to end on a sad note with John Smith leaving her behind. But then she goes back to London and meets someone else, and then John Smith comes back and she dumps him!!! (anyone who has seen this film will know how frustrating that is!).

I just try to see all the films by disney by themselves rather than having the sequels after them, The one exception has to be The Lion King II simbas pride. I think thats worth watching and doesnt ruin the storyline of the previous film.

I am a real big fan of disney and I hope they make many more animations in future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know that version of Robin Hood they did with all the animals? Foxes and stuff? I adore that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    There are so many good Disney movies it's hard to narrow to a single favourite.

Although recently The Lion King is being played alot
  • Options
    Internet-KidInternet-Kid Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really choose!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE rocks! really funny
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney itself I'd say Aladdin.
    Pixar feature - Toy Story.
    Pixar Short - Luxo Jr.
  • Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, Lady and The Tramp, Pollyanna, Beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaind, Greyfriars Bobby, The Three Lives of Thomasina.

They don't make them like that anymore!
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney movies are too cute for my liking but I must admit I love Splash with Hanks and Daryl Hannah. She's so fit in that film, even if she is half-cod.
  • Options
    comicsansserifcomicsansserif Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm surprised no-ones mentioned it yet but Jungle Book is the one for me. Fantastic animation and terrific songs with a good storyline.

Although I would agree that Pixar animations are good, but I don't personally find the stories that brilliant or funny either when compared to the old traditionally made movies. I think things started to get worse after Walt died.

My favourite Pixar short has to be Knick Knack becuase that is actually very funny for them.
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Dumbo
    Jungle Book comes a close second
    and Alice in Wonderland
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In no particular order...

The Lion King
    Toy Story
    Toy Story 2
    Aladdin
    Monsters Inc., and
    Finding Nemo

Padzter :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Others I have remembered: The Aristocats, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Sword In The Stone, Peter Pan, The Rescuers, Old Yeller, The Parent Trap(the original from the 60's)

A good Disney movie from recent years is The Princess Diaries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    although the princess diaries is definitely dumbed down to suit a younger audience ie
    "mia your such a ............freak"
    "you will never stop being a jerk"...
    I dont think kids nowadays talk like that anymore!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revolver, Splash IS funny!

I am a HUGE fan of Disney and have loads of their soundtracks. My recent faves are Finding Nemo and especially POTC, but I still prefer their traditional animation.

My faves are: The Lion King, Pocahontas, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. They're all so beautiful.

(anyone else rekon Pocahontas was underrated?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was definitely underrated. The songs are great, and I am desperate to get hold of the soundtracks. Anyone like Hunchback of Notre Dame? The gargoyles make me laugh so much!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I think i did like Hunchback, but I havent seen it for years. I used to have Esmerelda PJs (I now have LOTR ones!)

Pocahontas is one of the nunsung disney movies... Pocahontas herself is simply stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Disney movie I like is the original Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster. I haven't seen the remake. Is it any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you can realy say anything Pixar did cause it's not realy disney.... it's Pixar, Pixar have now left Disney, I think Pixar recently have been more Disney than Disney.
    Disney take more care in who will be doing the music score. I have lost a lot of respect for Disney for what they were doing to Pixar, and the trouble they are having at the board means people are realising things arn't right.
    My favourite pre- Pixar film has to be obviously, The Lion King.
    again disapointed at Lion King 2.... and 1 1/2..... whats that all about? $$$$.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was told it's quite good, but I dont like sequels unless they're quality-... obviously.

Another Disney movie I like is the original Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster. I haven't seen the remake. Is it any good?

I havent seen it, but I well like the original!
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In no particular order ...
    Lion King
    Toy Story
    A Bugs Life
    Finding Nemo
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    101 Dalmations

And others, but cant think of them at the top of my head!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Parent Trap(the original from the 60's)

I love both of the Parent Trap movies.

My other faves in no particular order

Lion King
    Beauty and The Beast
    Toy Story
    Mary Poppins
    Sleeping Beauty

and my all time favorite ........

Oliver and Company
    ONLY JOKING !!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more : Aladdin, Snow White, Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Candleshoe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Honey I Blew up the Kid!
    I love both of the Parent Trap movies.
    I do too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Brother Bear was the last disney animated movie wasn't it? Did anybody go and see it, and what did they think of it? I think Pixar are holding disney together at the moment though, as they are the company that are bringing in the profits. With them heading off to be their own company soon, Disney will need to bring back the classic animation that both kids (and adults) enjoy.

I'm curious to know what the top ten disney or pixar movies are (according to either video/ DVD sales or cinema sales). It'd be interesting to know which ones have been the most profitable.
  • Options
    Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    My top 5 in no particular order are

Jungle Book
    Lion King
    Beauty and the Beast
    Finding Nemo
    Little Mermaid ... talking of which, did you spot the scene containing Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy?!