Options

Roy and Hayley

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
Are we seeing the start of the breakdown of Roy and Hayleys marriage and could this the start of her exit storyline?

Comments

• Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so and I said as much to hubby. At least we won't be subjected to the usual raucous screaming matches, with Roy & Hales it will be with decorum & understated whatever happens.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I think so. Roy is another character that I didn't used to like but I've really changed my mind. A good, honest, decent man with commendable values. I cannot find Hayley anything other than irritating.

I suspect that the writers will murder the storyline. As soon as a plot development becomes necessary, like when someone is leaving, they just cannot wait to change someone's long standing character traits to accommodate it. People start behaving totally unreasonably etc etc to bring about tension, resulting in someone upping and leaving.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy and Hayley are one couple who should never been split up they're perfectly suited to one another. They should kill Hayley off leaving Roy a widower divorce just doesn't suit them. The death of a character like Hayley would be massive, a real tear jerker there's not many characters left you can say that about.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether its me, but I noticed that the script written for Roy, Hayley and Sylvia seems superior to the ones written for the other characters. As it is often said a well written script produces good acting and those three IMO are probably Corries's best actors. I wonder if the three actors have some input in writing the script for their part.
  • Options
    nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see them killing Hayley off now. Don't they film 6 weeks in advance which would be beginning of July now and no mention of anything.

I think she's due to leave end of 2013?
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think she'll be killed off - I imagine that this is the start of his breakdown, not her exit.

Can I just add the Sylvia was on FIRE for both of Friday's episodes!
  • Options
    Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Roy and Hayley are one couple who should never been split up they're perfectly suited to one another. They should kill Hayley off leaving Roy a widower divorce just doesn't suit them. The death of a character like Hayley would be massive, a real tear jerker there's not many characters left you can say that about.

Good post. That's what I was thinking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nojunkmail wrote: »
    I can't see them killing Hayley off now. Don't they film 6 weeks in advance which would be beginning of July now and no mention of anything.

I think she's due to leave end of 2013?

I believe the actress said she finishes filming in November, so unless their plans have recently changed, an Xmas story line seems most likely. Hayley would never leave Roy, therefore I'm convinced she will die. Roy will push her away until he finds a way of dealing with his emotions but I reckon there will be a tragic accident in the end.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Are we seeing the start of the breakdown of Roy and Hayleys marriage and could this the start of her exit storyline?

Yes the scene has been sown for his discontent with her, although its a bit ott that he would carry a grudge because she persuaded him to read the letter from his father. His old bag of a mother would be more to blame I would have thought, why didnt her friend at the home contact her to tell her there was a letter for her? :o
  • Options
    MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah the croppers are badass, props going to miss them
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't miss Hayley- she's a glorified extra and has been for a long time now. We're only seeing her on screen more now because it is building up to her exit.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really dont want them to split, they are not the type of couple to split, I hope she is killed off, luv Roysten and Hayley:(
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy and Hayley are brilliant actors with brilliant storylines. Like bornfree said, do they have a hand in the writing? When you look at some of the other ludicrous storylines on the show at present - the surragacy, the adopted child being given way - it does seem that Roy and Hayley's scripts come from a different pen. I know it is on the cards for Hayley to leave, and I will be sorry when this happens.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to point out that although we don't think Hayley would ever leave Roy, she did do once before didn't she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't understand why Roy had such a face on him, that train set was bang tidy.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    I do think she'll be killed off - I imagine that this is the start of his breakdown, not her exit.

Can I just add the Sylvia was on FIRE for both of Friday's episodes!

Sylvia was on cracking form, and she'd been given some wonderful Blanche-types lines which she obviously relished.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her death could be an accident?