• thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nauseating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    That 14 year old singing Unchained Melody was truly excellent.

Sweet/Modest as well.

I thought he was great :) - I also really liked the dancers from Coventry :cool:

Pity the last act had to be tainted with the usual X-factoresque 'sob story' as his Chris Tarrant was excellent but overall (I missed the Saturday show) I thought it was entertaining, funny and quite heart-warming in places. A pleasant surprise from ITV after the abomination that was 'Grease'
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That kid just woha.Dec and that cat hahahaha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed - I thought I would hate this show, just tuned in to give it 10 minutes last night. But so far I love it:)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, Dec and that cat were hysterical. :D
  • MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so did I. look what I stumbled onto on youtube

Rhythmn Nation(has to be seen to be believed)

hopefully we will see more of them without the strobe lighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MutO4BP-VPU

Beat It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y9IJQHe8_Q

bloody awesome:D :)

I'm struggling to understand what is so special about a dance troupe? This to me isn't an example of outstanding talent, anyone with the ability to dance and having spent enough time practicing their choreography moves would be able to achieve this. Legs & Co or Pans People could do this!!! ;)

For pure talent here's the Opera guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

Now that's freaking talent! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    I would have watched this if it wasn't for Piers Morgan. I don't know what he has to do with spotting talent.

Everything else about it looks good. I'm sticking with Let Me Entertain You though. Get rid of Morgan and you'll get another viewer !
  • Tori's SoapboxTori's Soapbox Posts: 4,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MilhouseVH wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand what is so special about a dance troupe? This to me isn't an example of outstanding talent, anyone with the ability to dance and having spent enough time practicing their choreography moves would be able to achieve this. Legs & Co or Pans People could do this!!! ;)

Thanks for that link - Gave me goosebumps listening to him again.

I love the way the judges face changes from the start of the performance to the end. Amanda is blown away .. :)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that opera guy from yesterday is amazing, I can't stop watching the vid on youtube
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying it so far! It was on at the same time as Big Brother [well, the first half of Big Brother] - which I missed for it, and I'm very glad I did!

Those chavvy boy dancers during the first half, I thought they were going to be a joke - but they turned out great!

And I was waiting for that boy that was previewed when the show started - he came on and stood, and end up doing back flips & whatnot - how come he wasn't shown?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it, but hate, hate hate the way the audience are allowed and probably encouraged to say 'off, off, off', I feel so sorry for some of them people... It's awful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    OK...im not happy! Ive missed both of the BGT episodes!! And its not being repeated! How come they repeat all the cr*p on ITV but not the stuff I want to watch!!

Anyone got any ideas as to how i might be able to watch it? Any torrents floating around? Ive searched but can only find the first episode , with one feed that isnt active at the moment! ARGGHH!!!!

Hope i can get a little help!

Mat
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am struggling to understand what constitutes special;)
    ah I know, it's a personal opinion, opera guy, he is very talented, moved me to goosebumps and so did MD for differnt reasons so perhaps I will keep my own counsel on what is freaking talent
  • MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am struggling to understand what constitutes special;)
    ah I know, it's a personal opinion, opera guy, he is very talented, moved me to goosebumps and so did MD for differnt reasons so perhaps I will keep my own counsel on what is freaking talent

Good man. ;)

OK seriously - I'm not suggesting you're opinion isn't valid, I'm just asking what is so special about a dance troupe when they're pretty much 10 a penny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    I really enjoy the show but one thing that is getting on my nerves is the camera work. I cannot get to see the acts properly because its always flicking about onto something else.....be it the judges, the audience, Ant and Dec or the ceiling or something. Its very annoying, I wish they would just keep the thing still for more than 3 seconds!

Other than that small complaint I love the show, which I am surprised about! And its good to see Ant and Dec presenting again, I love those two :D
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Piers doing the American version as well. He must be racking up the frequent flier miles. Plus he's on Parkinson This Saturday. He's really busy this week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I thought the Monkey Man was great from Saturday night, but did anyone else notice that when he walked off stage to Ant & Dec he had a different monkey??

Also the CPW Opera guy was fantastic. I had goosebumps!! :eek:
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good man. ;)

OK seriously - I'm not suggesting you're opinion isn't valid, I'm just asking what is so special about a dance troupe when they're pretty much 10 a penny.

I don't have huge awarness of dance troupes so therefore I can only comment on what I see on the show and the program is called "Britans Got Talent"

As as a viewer, did they meet that criteria. absoloutely. I thought they were awesome and was thoroughly entertained:D

if the show was called "Please Identify The Difference Between a 10 a Penny Dance Troupe and What Millhouse Digs" then I would understand the question

but it's called "Britain Got Talent"

do you work in the industry, are you jaded by dance troupes generic performances????????????

arent Opera singers 10 a penny if you start looking, isn't it all a matter of perspective?????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I thought the Monkey Man was great from Saturday night, but did anyone else notice that when he walked off stage to Ant & Dec he had a different monkey??

Also the CPW Opera guy was fantastic. I had goosebumps!! :eek:

Yes I noticed.......A skinny monkey on stage and a chunky monkey as he came off.

I assume that he is more than a one trick monkey then!;)
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I don't have huge awarness of dance troupes so therefore I can only comment on what I see on the show and the program is called "Britans Got Talent"

As as a viewer, did they meet that criteria. absoloutely. I thought they were awesome and was thoroughly entertained:D

if the show was called "Please Identify The Difference Between a 10 a Penny Dance Troupe and What Millhouse Digs" then I would understand the question

but it's called "Britain Got Talent"

do you work in the industry, are you jaded by dance troupes generic performances????????????

arent Opera singers 10 a penny if you start looking, isn't it all a matter of perspective?????

The dance troups are good,but they are not the best.

What until the London show to judge as someone has told me the Uk champions of street jazz were there and believe me,they are in a different league.
  • primrosegirlprimrosegirl Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB8Mate wrote: »
    What I found most amazing was that Ant and Dec were watchable. Normally I can't stand them.

I like Ant and Dec, they're great fun, I'm enjoying watching them and the programme, I really don't like Piers Morgan though. He sort of gives me the creeps, just something about him.
    I like Amanda Holden and she's obviously loving every minute of it! ( She aid as much on GMTV this morning)
    The good thing about the prog is that you never know what to expect!!
  • primrosegirlprimrosegirl Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LlamaKing wrote: »
    I have to say, Dec and that cat were hysterical. :D

Hahaha!! :D I know, I couldn't stop laughing either!
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying this show, top notch!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the show. Wasn't sure about Amanda Holden as a judge but the look of awe on her face as if she had been blown away by the opera singer confirmed that she was ideal as a judge; whats wrong with being a la Abdul, nasty comments are not always nescessary.

It's just a pity that my Sky+ wasn't aware that the show was on Sunday as well.