Options

Functional bug pause/guide

TernTern Posts: 2,422
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Noticed this last night.

I was watching a recording and suddenly remembered I needed to mark something else.

So I pressed pause in order that I didn't miss the programme I was watching and pressed guide and the programme restarted under the guide. Pressing pause again brought up an illegal function icon.

Hardly a major problem but a niggle that I'm sure they can easily fix.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens on mine as well. Just a bad feature.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie_90 wrote: »
    It happens on mine as well.

Yes, if it just happened on mine it would be a fault rather than bug. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tern wrote: »
    Noticed this last night.

I was watching a recording and suddenly remembered I needed to mark something else.

So I pressed pause in order that I didn't miss the programme I was watching and pressed guide and the programme restarted under the guide. Pressing pause again brought up an illegal function icon.

Hardly a major problem but a niggle that I'm sure they can easily fix.

This is how it works.

On Humax's DTT PVRs, the access to the Guide is not allowed when playback is paused. It looks like the engineers have allowed access to the Guide on the HDR, resulting in a need to 'un-pause' the playback...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    son_t wrote: »
    This is how it works.

Yes I know.

That's why I'm reporting it as a bug! :)

I'm sure if there is some good technical reason for it Humax will mention it, although how it can be harder to not do something while looking at the guide than doing the same thing is a bit of a puzzle. This is an absolutely superb piece of kit and is amazingly complete and bug free for a first attempt at something so complex.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tern wrote: »
    Yes I know.

That's why I'm reporting it as a bug! :)
    What I am saying is, that's how it works! It is not a bug!

You can either make a feature request for Humax to either make it like their DTT PVRs or allow pause to work with the guide... either way - it is how it works - it is not a bug! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    son_t wrote: »
    What I am saying is, that's how it works! It is not a bug!

You can either make a feature request for Humax to either make it like their DTT PVRs or allow pause to work with the guide... either way - it is how it works - it is not a bug! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, if a device has a pause feature and you activate it, you expect the device to pause until you take some action to start it going again. If it starts of its own accord when you ask the device to perform some unrelated task then it's a bug. Simple as that. You can say it isn't as often as you like but it won't change the fact.

The fact that you know the bug exists and it may be a documented feature of some other box does not stop it being a bug on this one.

You can roll your eyes all you like but unless you can point to somewhere in the documentation where it explains that this happens then a pause that unpauses without the user explicitly asking it to is a bug.