A good Tv for Xbox gaming?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
Forum Member
My son has Xmas money burning a hole in his pocket and wants to get a good TV for his xbox. Can anyone recommend one?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats his budget?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    He has around £300 to spend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider would be a PC monitor. You can use VGA or HDMI with them.

I just got one of THESE and its fantastic!

Im using it as a PC monitor (though HDMI) and for my 360 (through VGA).

Im amazed the difference from using a lower resolution monitor before.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Absolutely agree with that! When I was on a harsh budget I opted for a 22" Samsung Snycmaster and it was gorgeous. Much better picture than you would get from a HDTV at the same price range (£220). The colours will be more vibrant and also the contrast ratio much higher, with nice inky blacks. Getting a proper PC gaming monitor is a good idea, plus you get certain benefits that even top range LCD HDTV do not have such as 2ms response.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son has Xmas money burning a hole in his pocket and wants to get a good TV for his xbox. Can anyone recommend one?
    He has around £300 to spend

What sort of size does he want? What sort of viewing distance will he have? Is he bothered about Full HD (1080p), or is HD Ready enough?
    Forum Member
    All I know is that he wants a decent sized TV with a good picture. He only has a small room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is another thing I was going to suggest as he has £300 to spend.

Its highly unlikely that any monitors will have any (decent) speakers). He should buy a monitor and spend about £40 on some Turtle Beach X1 headphones if he doesnt have any already. Much better that any sound that a TV or Monitor outputs. Especially if he plays Call of Duty. yYou can get them from the Gamestation website.

I know that is kinda off topic but it would make for a much better gaming experience and he can still have change from his £300!
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all advise given. I know he wants the best quality possible. He'll also use sky player on the xbox as well as watch DVD's
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for a decent PC monitor, I have mine connected to a 28" monitor and it looks very good. I put the audio through PC speakers as well, it sounds a lot better than it would through the monitors speakers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend a 32 inch samsung, I would definitely shop around as there are bargains to be found.