programme guide won't disappear??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
Forum Member
✭✭
I've got up this morning to find that the programme guide on my sky+ refuses to disappear.

the best way I can explain it is that, currently my kids are watching cbeebies and across the bottom of the screen is the bar telling them whats on now and next etc...
Normally this bar disappears after a few seconds but this morning it isn't and if I press back up to get rid it comes back within about a minute.

I've had a look through all the settings but can't see anything out of place.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Switch the box off in the normal way, wait a minute for the hard drive to stop, then turn off at the mains.

Wait 2 minutes, then turn it all back on again, the box will take abour 2 minutes to boot up.

This usually fixes any problems you have (reboots the software).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Leanne87 wrote: »
    I've got up this morning to find that the programme guide on my sky+ refuses to disappear.

the best way I can explain it is that, currently my kids are watching cbeebies and across the bottom of the screen is the bar telling them whats on now and next etc...
    Normally this bar disappears after a few seconds but this morning it isn't and if I press back up to get rid it comes back within about a minute.

Can anyone help?
    Is this just cbeebies, or all channels?
    If just cbeebies it is most likely a fault with the channels data I would think.

If with all channels, try turning the box off at the mains and back on - Cures any one of a number of faults and is the first thing you should try if any piece of consumer electronics is misbehaving. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks, that did the trick.

I don't know why I didn't think of that myself really lol
  • marobbymarobby Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Leanne87 wrote: »

Can anyone help?

I get the same thing on Cbeebies when I watch with my grandson
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! All
    I just happened to be looking around these forums and have just finished having had a look at the Radio section when I saw this subject, we have Sky+ HD and the same thing has just happened to us.

I have done exactly as advised here and I wonder if it is something that Sky have done regarding an update, as that is two of us who have had this problem this morning.

Anyone else who has had this happen this morning, we look forward to hearing from.

Thanks in advance.