Autumn and Winter

Sigh_no_moreSigh_no_more Posts: 101
Forum Member
Its that time of year again! I love both of these seasons but whats with the mildness? At this time of year temps should be about 10 degrees or lower. Hope it gets colder soon! Also, fingers crossed for a white christmas!!

Anyone agree?

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    It can stay mild for as long as it likes, as it will make the winter feel shorter :)
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It can stay mild for as long as it likes, as it will make the winter feel shorter :)

I agree, plus saves money on gas bills!

After last year I don't want to see any snow for a few more, it was such a relief when the snow finally melted and saw green again. Not to mention was nice walking out the house and being able to walk normally without fear of slipping over.
  • Sigh_no_moreSigh_no_more Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Really? I dont like mild at this time of year. Does not feel right. I enjoy going for long walks with my boyfriend and him snuggling into me. Works best when there is a nip in the air :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I only like it when it's really hot or really cold. Anything in between like it has been recently is just boring :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it's not raining I don't mind what the temperature is, although I would love a white Christmas and New Year like last year. :)
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind any weather as long as it isn't raining for days on end, then it's just miserable.
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    No, it can stay mild until March 27th when the bloody clocks go forward again as far as I'm concerned.
  • mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying the mild weather but I too love the frosty nights and seeing my breath :D

That said my hubby has slot further to travel to work these days so I prefer it not to snow/be dangerous driving conditions any time soon!!
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like it mild no central heating required and the warm breeze still feels like early September
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been very mild down south and I'm enjoying it while I can. I'm not looking forward to having to wear big coats and running up the heating bill when the cold really sets in.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had very mild weather in November last year, followed by a proper winter.

I shall be more than happy to see a repeat this year. :)
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can stay Mild as far as i'm concerned ,can't be doing with really cold weather and although i like to see Snow on Christmas day i'd like it all to disappear over night and not have it for weeks on end like we did last year
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    I love all the seasons. I like the cold and it kills bugs so bring it on but not so cold it snows before January. I don't want any snow in December, I couldn't see my folks last year as I wasn't able to get abroad thanks to the Eurostar and spent christmas day alone for the first time. The only thing that stopped me from being sad was a big bag of weed.
  • AidanpAidanp Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have too much mild weather - fingers crossed for a milder winter than last year !
    Cold, dry, sunny weather is preferable to rain tho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just never want it too snow like it has for the past 2 years. I'll never wish for it snow again, it really slows down your day and you end up walking the streets like a penguin,
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love crisp frosty days, it kills the bugs. This mild weather doesn't.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mild winter suits me fine, as long as it doesn't freeze I'm happy.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont worry it is going to be getting colder in fact it is supposed to be a pretty cold winter again

5 day forecasts shows some quite low temperatures :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/335?area=WF15 5c... brrrr
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like this mild wet weather we're having. I'm scared of slipping on the wet leaves on the pavement.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I can cope with the cold - I hate the snow. Slippy, dodgy footpaths, traffic comes to a standstill, and then we get the slush afterwards which is just as dodgy! I'd hate another winter like last/this year which seemed to last 6 months!

Snow is for kids only to enjoy, and may they enjoy a week or so of it - but no more! !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    As this will be second Winter of unemployment, I am really NOT looking forward to having to put nearly 50% of my weekly income on fuel bills over the Winter period.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! All
    Well despite have a disabled Dad as well as going to a day centre at which there are disabled people who have difficulty walking, I used to love the snow as it would mean a day off from school or from the day centre and a day in bed.

But then I thought last year to myself, just think about the poor people I know who have to go into the day centre as the bus can pick them up with no problems having to cope with getting around somehow while because I live on a hill I can enjoy a day off.

I also thought of my poor Dad who had days and weeks of not being able to go out even just to look round the shops, sadly now this week they are predicting snow and or cold weather from tonight and part of me thought oh good more snow.

But the other part thinks about the time myself and my Mum had getting back from our nearest Tesco to the bus stop in order to come home only to then have to walk up a hill in thick thick snow, so now I am thinking that if we do have bad weather like we did last year/this year about ways to cope and get through with less struggle while enjoying it.