Options

How gutted would you be if you won the Lotto tonight...

Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 890
Forum Member
✭✭
To find that you were sharing the £2,226,920 prize fund with 7 other people. £278,365 each, still a nice sum but nowhere near what you would expect.

Not as bad as on 14 November 1995 when 133 tickets shared the £16 million jackpot prize, just over £120,000 each.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got four numbers tonight, and im only getting i think it was 14 pounds
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to lie, I'd probably have a little cry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I would be happy, but a little sad. It's still a win. Bad pay outs with tonight numbers being low.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come the prize pot was so low? its usually about 4 million on Saturdays.

I would be gutted though if it was me.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    :cry:
  • Options
    j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lotto is fixed.

There has never been an ethnic minority that has won it.

Quickly runs to bed! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People use birthday/ anniversary numbers and as they are under the number 31 and all tonight numbers are low this is why it's a low payout I presume.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would be gutting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would be pissed off as id be expecting at least a few million but £278,365 is still a fair return on a quid in my eyes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I'd be gutted. All I've ever wanted is a nice house fully paid off. Not having rent or mortgage to worry about again would be fantastic and make living so much easier.

Just under a quarter of a million would do that for me easily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    i would be pissed off as id be expecting at least a few million but £278,365 is still a fair return on a quid in my eyes

Not enough to give up work. You would need 1-2 million for a decent investment income. And not enough to buy a detached house with garden in a nice town, starting prices range from 1/2 to 1 million depending on town, say half that if upgrading.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4the1 wrote: »
    The Lotto is fixed.

There has never been an ethnic minority that has won it.

Quickly runs to bed! :p

The first ever winner was a Muslim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    The first ever winner was a Muslim.

Are they allowed to gamble?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    With that amount I'd be thrilled. Wouldn't be enough to do all the things one plans when "spending" their lottery winnings, but it's better than living on a few hundred pounds a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Are they allowed to gamble?

I don't think so. iirc, the week after it was announced (he rather stupidly didn't opt for no publicity), there was a fair bit of criticism from Islamic clerics in the press. This of course being in the days when the press actually gave them the time of day.

Still I'm sure the guy didn't give a toss since he was £18m richer. He could have bought his own mosque.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairness wrote: »
    Not enough to give up work. You would need 1-2 million for a decent investment income. And not enough to buy a detached house with garden in a nice town, starting prices range from 1/2 to 1 million depending on town, say half that if upgrading.

you dont know where i live.....278.000 £ would be plenty to buy a decent house and car ....i wouldnt want a big mansion with lots of land

im also not sure id want to give up my job either, i quite enjoy the physical labour(saves me money on gym memberships:) ) and work with a great bunch of people
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    I only ever do the Euro Millions..and only when it's over a hundred million.

One day...Figures crossed...Insha'Allah :o
  • Options
    ayaaah7ayaaah7 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I don't think so. iirc, the week after it was announced (he rather stupidly didn't opt for no publicity), there was a fair bit of criticism from Islamic clerics in the press. This of course being in the days when the press actually gave them the time of day.

Still I'm sure the guy didn't give a toss since he was £18m richer. He could have bought his own mosque.

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/1338239.0/?utag=22425

Last I heard of him, he was living homeless on the streets of London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How sad :( in some cases it brings happiness followed by misery
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ayaaah7 wrote: »
    http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/1338239.0/?utag=22425

Last I heard of him, he was living homeless on the streets of London.

Well at least he was once rich.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd be gutted. All I've ever wanted is a nice house fully paid off. Not having rent or mortgage to worry about again would be fantastic and make living so much easier.

Just under a quarter of a million would do that for me easily.

Think I'll move up your way then. That £287k would buy you a pretty crappy small 2 or 3 bed semi where I live - a house very like my own, in fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    How come the prize pot was so low? its usually about 4 million on Saturdays.

The estimate was £4million. But that's what happens when you choose a set of numbers everyone else has picked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy for the other winners and go spend some money.
  • Options
    BRGBRG Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be perfectly happy. I don't check the numbers until a few days after a draw for exactly this reason, after the one with dozens of winners it makes no sense to get all exited over a win if you don't know how much it is. Plus I have a few high numbers so I wouldn't have to share with as many people ;).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    The estimate was £4million. But that's what happens when you choose a set of numbers everyone else has picked.

The jackpot fund was 2.2million when its usually around 4. 2.2million is what ud normally see on a wednesday whereas this week it was around 3million

The amount of winners is irrelevant to the size of jackpot