BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Bloody hell, look at the size of THIS baby! He looks like a 6 month old. :-eek::-eek:
    I wonder how he could go unnoticed on the scans, also the mother may not have had a lot of water but even so, her weight would give a warning surely.
    Its a load of tripe. Some of these "snowless" winters they describe we were actually snowed in and digging latrines!
    So you don't believe what they print, were you here in the 17th Century then?
    Remarkable, and you look so young.:-))))))))))))
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Afternoon guys - Flora I think you're on the wrong thread for top of the range prizes!

Good grief, you're certainly more than your fair share of the white stuff this month:rolleyes:

I'm not sure where they stand with lambs either, or how they prove the cause of death.

Rupert will cry when Moots goes out, for sure! He's still new to the house, I'm sure she'll gradually get him used to being alone in due course. If you do it too soon you can traumatise them even more, but if you leave it too long that's not good either.
    I've had to go of twice since I got him, and he seemed to be fine when I got back. I went in the afternoons when he usually has a little nap, and I took a taxi home both times :o
    Bloody hell, look at the size of THIS baby! He looks like a 6 month old. :eek::eek:

Ye Gods!!!! That must have been a painful experience. I wonder what made him so big?? I hope they are watching his hormone levels, or maybe even his mum's...The fact that he has hardly grown since he was born must be significant.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I wonder how he could go unnoticed on the scans, also the mother may not have had a lot of water but even so, her weight would give a warning surely.

As I said before, maybe she didn't attend any scans/antenatal classes. Any midwife examining her should surely have been able to determine it was a very big baby!

I wasn't here in the 17th century either, however I was here 3 years ago, & he's got that very wrong.........I have no reason therefore to believe any of the rest of it is correct. :p
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell, look at the size of THIS baby! He looks like a 6 month old. :eek::eek:

Wowser :eek: As others have said, how didn't they know he was going to be that big? :confused:

Rupert sounds like he's got Moots wrapped around his tiny paw :D

Has he got a jumper yet Moots?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    I've had to go of twice since I got him, and he seemed to be fine when I got back. I went in the afternoons when he usually has a little nap, and I took a taxi home both times :o

Ye Gods!!!! That must have been a painful experience. I wonder what made him so big?? I hope they are watching his hormone levels, or maybe even his mum's...The fact that he has hardly grown since he was born must be significant.

Yes very odd he's only gained one pound since birth! :eek:
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon folks,:)
    I have been doing a whole load of nothing much.After I said it was sunny, it clouded over and has been dull and chilly ever since:p
    .Me'n'Celeste were cuddled up on the settee on the balcony, reading and sketching out a couple of scrapbook pages.Well, that's what I was doing, Celeste was sleeping, buried under the quilt.....

I have also been shopping online for plain card which is not exactly exciting....
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

I was there for every one from 1960. You might want to familiarise yourself with the word "some":p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FGS! What is wrong with people......bloody DOND why are most of them crying.........unbelievable! They need to gerragrip. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

Maybe he has lost water and gained normal weight? The poor little chap still doesn't look well to me.

No point in Rupert kicking up a fuss if he has no audience. :D
    Forum Member
    I was there for every one from 1960. You might want to familiarise yourself with the word "some":-p
    You are funny.
    They gisve the rough details of the weather for some of the last 397 years and because someone dug a Latrine you call the whole log a load of tripe.:-)))))))))))))))

I love tripe as well.
    Forum Member
    You are funny.
    They gisve the rough details of the weather for some of the last 397 years and because someone dug a Latrine you call the whole log a load of tripe.:-)))))))))))))))

I love tripe as well.
    I dont know about the years i wasnt alive but i can assure you that plenty of the ones since 1960 are wrong. You should remember it too.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    THIS is a very clever cat :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    THIS is a very clever cat :D

That dog certainly knows who's the boss ! :p
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    British Winters since 1616.:-))))))))))))))

And we think we have it bad.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-history;sess=

Wow that is some find, very interesting - i have read the other comments on here and i would probably say that its hard to cover the whole country in a few lines - so i guess a few errors are likely !
    Forum Member
    I dont know about the years i wasnt alive but i can assure you that plenty of the ones since 1960 are wrong. You should remember it too.
    I only remember 1962/63 as i was working in it after getting home from Singapore, i went from 40C in the shade to -20 in the day, not funny at all.
    All the other winters didn't really bother me, it's just winter, can't expect much else.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Wow that is some find, very interesting - i have read the other comments on here and i would probably say that its hard to cover the whole country in a few lines - so i guess a few errors are likely !
    It's very interesting isn't it, even a few comments covering 397 years.
    Honey thinks they are making it up, but the area isn't specific anyway.
    Forum Member
    I only remember 1962/63 as i was working in it after getting home from Singapore, i went from 40C in the shade to -20 in the day, not funny at all.
    All the other winters didn't really bother me, it's just winter, can't expect much else.

If you admit that you haven't the foggiest what happened why do you call those who CAN remember liars?
    I
    It's very interesting isn't it, even a few comments covering 397 years.
    Honey thinks they are making it up, but the area isn't specific anyway.
    Yes it is actually, and it was WRONG!
    Forum Member
    If you admit that you haven't the foggiest what happened why do you call those who CAN remember liars?

Yes it is actually, and it was WRONG!
    Why would anyone put out a false record of general weather which has been recorded for 397years.

And you dispute one of those years, are you serious?
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone put out a false record of general weather which has been recorded for 397years.

And you dispute one of those years, are you serious?

Maybe it was written by someone like you that cant remember.

Come on, it is hardly a serious document.The 1600s part is freely available anywhere and the rest is cobbled together from goodness knows what.
    It keeps referring to his mother and father's experience for goodness sake! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Maybe it was written by someone like you that cant remember.

Come on, it is hardly a serious document.The 1600s part is freely available anywhere and the rest is cobbled together from goodness knows what.
    It keeps referring to his mother and father's experience for goodness sake! :-eek:
    I would have thought the weather for the last 100 years would have been well documented, the info must be out there anyway, but it probably wouldn't be too specific on an area.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    Wowser :eek: As others have said, how didn't they know he was going to be that big? :confused:

Rupert sounds like he's got Moots wrapped around his tiny paw :D

Has he got a jumper yet Moots?

He has 2, but he hates wearing them, and sulks. This is a sight to behold - he adopts a hairpin shape with head poked forward and down, tail tucked well in, and ears back and down, and he becomes compleetly catatonic :D
    Tis more than flesh and blood can bear...
    Soooo, we are all currently enduring costly room temperatures of 22C and the whole Pack has been stripped naked, lucky things.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning:)
    School this morning for the talk of doom about IGCSE studying and work experience placements....:yawn::yawn: then supermarket and then slow crawl home in some ridiculous, even by the usual standards, traffic jams...

Youngest still off school with his mystery sickness thang (3 days now), again...although it's been a long time since the last bout. Feeling better today though so he hopes to go in tomorrow....

...and it's hot....
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Morning Halla and those that arrive later :)

It is taking longer than usual to warm up, here.
    We have had some sunny days but they have still been really cold.It is raining at the moment and the Bay is wreathed in cloud.
    I have been busy for the last couple of hours but am about to enjoy the first coffee of the day....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning halla, Arte and SR :D

Bit nippy this morning but bright.
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,593
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.