X Factor Propaganda – Favouritism of Cher

2»

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see that happening. More than likely he looked at Cher and mistook her stick thin wizened frame for a giant lollipop and licked her hair off with his perpetual motion tongue.

They do make a rather odd looking couple :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know for definate that these shagging stories about Cher are true yet? She's only a kid.
  • TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is interesting: http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-2010-dermot-oleary-reveals-that-some-wannabes-blossomed-on-bootcamp-stage-video/

There were loads of singers that were hardly featured at all in the auditions and are being ignored by the media, but I hope they outshine the dreadful Cher at bootcamp.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Isn't Aiden gay though? I doubt it is true, remember Cher is only a kid. The backlash has started on here about Cher, whenever a person becomes the fav the dislike starts, and it isn't even the live shows yet!

Cher is very, very popular on facebook and the internet, if she makes the live shows (which she will) she will be sticking around for a long time, so get use to it :p
  • TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Isn't Aiden gay though? I doubt it is true, remember Cher is only a kid. The backlash has started on here about Cher, whenever a person becomes the fav the dislike starts, and it isn't even the live shows yet!

Cher is very, very popular on facebook and the internet, if she makes the live shows (which she will) she will be sticking around for a long time, so get use to it :p

I don't care how popular she is - as soon as I saw her on the X Factor, I disliked her intensely - before all the hype had begun.

Very irritating mannered performance, grotesque style and weird off-putting gurning. Eugghhhh.

She'd have to do a lot to turn that around!
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

Its the media that have started the baclash on her with their tireless, "she cant cope" "she is nervours" etc, they will be the ones to break her. wheather she is a kid or not she made the decsion to go on the show if she cant deal with it she shoul not have gone on their in the 1st place.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed her audition but am sick of hearing about her. I looked her audition up on Youtube, and yeah it's good, but its nowhere near as good as people make out.

I wish her well, it's nice to see a girl singing something other than Leona, Mariah etc, and hope she goes far. But she's not my favourite, and I think all this hype will only work against her. Saying that, I think Diana Vickers has done very well for herself despite coming 4th - the more "quirky" (I hate that word) they are, its generally better if they don't win imo. Just get their faces out there and someone else will sign them after.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I defo think it could well work against her. People will be sick of hearing about her once the live shows start and will likely plump for whoever she goes head to head with in the latter stages of the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    yeah I defo think it could well work against her. People will be sick of hearing about her once the live shows start and will likely plump for whoever she goes head to head with in the latter stages of the show

I think it depends how the judges react to her. Danyl's biggest problem was not the media hype, it was Simon constantly praising him for mediocre performances.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    I think it depends how the judges react to her. Danyl's biggest problem was not the media hype, it was Simon constantly praising him for mediocre performances.

The same could arise with Cher depending on Cowell's attitude,though he might feel free to have a go at her seeing as he is not mentoring her.