BBC Locals on Internet Radio wont stream

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
Forum Member
Since the weekend i have lost BBC Local stations but the national ones and all other stations are fine.Is this a glitch with Reciva or BBC.It just 'hangs' then sends me back to Uk station list. I am using an Intempo.GX 01 Any advice welcomed

Comments

• Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else reported the same problem yesterday on here. The BBC LR streams work fine using a PC.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! All
    I am glad it is not just me as I have two radios which I know they will not play on one being a Roberts and I do not think that Roberts uses the Reciva software, but it is also on the radio that uses the Reciva software.

All I can assume is that the BBC have changed the webstreams of their local stations again so it is a case of how quickly Reciva and others update their software, hopefully the sooner the better as I want to listen to Tony Blackburn on BBC London.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried BBC Essex on the Evoke Flow and its working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Had an email back from BBC Engineering they said the streams to Reciva have been checked and are ok,can only assume it is a glitch with Reciva.

Really frustrating as On Demand and BBC nationals are fine.
    So is everything else!

Still nothing on BBC Berks, even tried a reboot
  • johnnyoxfordjohnnyoxford Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d-denny wrote: »
    Had an email back from BBC Engineering they said the streams to Reciva have been checked and are ok,can only assume it is a glitch with Reciva.

Really frustrating as On Demand and BBC nationals are fine.
    So is everything else!

Still nothing on BBC Berks, even tried a reboot

I don't think it is just you. I use a piece of software called Kinoma Play to listen on my Nokia N95 and that has stopped working on the local BBC streams. It didn't bother me as I've also got Radio Time on my HTC and that is fine. I thought they were using the same streams but perhaps not, I'll have a look later.
  • lardconceptslardconcepts Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    You're not alone - this is affecting thousands of users with both Reciva and vTuner based sets.
    The BBC appear to be aware of it as notified in this thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbiplayer/NF13735684?thread=7854054

However, the response of "We are aware of the issue - the streams are running ok, but a combination of the flow of data through third-parties and our data itself is suddenly causing some issues that we are trying to get to the bottom of" doesn't really reflect the seriousness or wide scale of the issue.

Perhaps if the power of the contact form was leveraged and they were deluged with complaints it might speed things up?
    https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbciplayer/emailForms/emailPage
  • johnnyoxfordjohnnyoxford Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not alone - this is affecting thousands of users with both Reciva and vTuner based sets.
    The BBC appear to be aware of it as notified in this thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbiplayer/NF13735684?thread=7854054

However, the response of "We are aware of the issue - the streams are running ok, but a combination of the flow of data through third-parties and our data itself is suddenly causing some issues that we are trying to get to the bottom of" doesn't really reflect the seriousness or wide scale of the issue.

Perhaps if the power of the contact form was leveraged and they were deluged with complaints it might speed things up?
    https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbciplayer/emailForms/emailPage

Well, this still doesn’t seem to have been sorted out. What a surprise. The technical boys over at the BBC seem to have a real problem with communicating. Even more annoying for me is that they seem to have messed up the iPlayer on android. I used to be able to get all listen again options but those for the local stations have now vanished.

I was hoping we’d seen the end of these cock-ups after they moved off of the real streams. Why they couldn’t have just put all the streams into the public domain and allow open source development of players for different platforms I don’t quite understand.

Very disappointing.