BBC Listen again via Internet radio

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently treated myself to a Roberts 83i internet radio. I missed Radcliffe & Maconie last night so thought I'd listen to it today on the radio instead of online but I can't find the show listed. I've gone in via podcasts as I'm supposed to but although some BBC shows are listed this one isn't as well as some others I like. I assumed that more or less anything available via the iPlayer online would be available to listen to on an internet radio, is this wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bakey wrote: »
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently treated myself to a Roberts 83i internet radio. I missed Radcliffe & Maconie last night so thought I'd listen to it today on the radio instead of online but I can't find the show listed. I've gone in via podcasts as I'm supposed to but although some BBC shows are listed this one isn't as well as some others I like. I assumed that more or less anything available via the iPlayer online would be available to listen to on an internet radio, is this wrong?

Thanks

It's not served up as a podcast, podcasts are just the half hour or so encapsulated episodes rather than the full thing

You have to go to the iplayer site, even listen again doesn't have everything. Alternatively you could try via

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr8d/episodes/2010
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Bakey
    I am not sure the way listen again programmes are listed on your radio but while going to podcasts will have some content, the better way would be to go to BBC Radio 2 itself and when you click on that it should then come up with two options to either Listen Live or I think on mine it reads Podcasts from which you should be able to get to Radcliffe and Maconie.

But do not go to podcasts from the main menu, you must actually go to BBC Radio 2 and click on it which as I have mentioned should bring up the options on your radio.

Hope I have made myself clear, tell us how you get on, Good Luck and Happy Listening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    dave2702 wrote: »
    It's not served up as a podcast, podcasts are just the half hour or so encapsulated episodes rather than the full thing

You have to go to the iplayer site, even listen again doesn't have everything. Alternatively you could try via

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr8d/episodes/2010

Thanks Dave

The Roberts 83i lists all podcasts and listen again shows under podcasts but not all the shows are listed for some reason. I have no problem listening on my pc.
    Forum Member
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    Hi! Bakey
    I am not sure the way listen again programmes are listed on your radio but while going to podcasts will have some content, the better way would be to go to BBC Radio 2 itself and when you click on that it should then come up with two options to either Listen Live or I think on mine it reads Podcasts from which you should be able to get to Radcliffe and Maconie.

But do not go to podcasts from the main menu, you must actually go to BBC Radio 2 and click on it which as I have mentioned should bring up the options on your radio.

Hope I have made myself clear, tell us how you get on, Good Luck and Happy Listening.

Thanks Lee

I've just tried what you suggested and although it does list some listen again shows no Radcliffe & Maconie (other programmes are missing as well, perhaps they're somewhere else for whatever reason, I'll keep searching).
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Listen up! Tonight's show just started.

Edit: I just got to last night's show by going

iPlayer -> Radio -> Radio 2 -> Yesterday -> 8pm R&M Show
    Forum Member
    Finally found it, under Arts, Drama, readings on radio 2!!

Thanks Lee & Dave for your help.