TalkTalk S Bristol

SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody in south Bristol having BB connection problems with TalkTalk today.

Nothing showing on their status page which does not mean alot.:)

Comments

• hartcliffehartcliffe Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    i cant get on to talktalk web site or use my tiscali email
  • cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hartcliffe wrote: »
    i cant get on to talktalk web site or use my tiscali email

And to cap that there is the likelihood that you might get incorrectly billed. See here. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi Skip Tracer and hartcliffe,

If you are still having issues please send me your Telephone numbers via PM and I will look at your connections.

Ady
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Skip Tracer and hartcliffe,

If you are still having issues please send me your Telephone numbers via PM and I will look at your connections.

Ady
    Hi TTS

I had the connection problem for a few hours but seems to be OK now.

Interesting comment from Hartcliffe as I also live in the south Bristol district of Hartcliffe so I assume there was some sort of work going on in the Bishopsworth exchange. My daughter who is on TT but on the south Bristol Bedminster exchange had connection problems earlier that same day for a couple of hours.

May be an engineer was roaming the district playing with things; It would be nice if TT had a system were you are able to get pending maintenance warnings like o2 have on their mobile system.

Anyways alls well now and looking forward to another 4 years with no connect problems.:)
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to cap that there is the likelihood that you might get incorrectly billed. See here. :mad:

Buttplug, love that name.

How on earth is there a liklihood of them getting incorectly billed? :rolleyes:

I did have a TT problem about a week ago. My connection dropped and my land line was dead. I was about to phone TT when my doorbell rang. A BT Openreach engineer was there to tell me there would be a disruption to service (after already cutting me off) due to some line replacement/repositioning but I would be back online before 17:00, and I was in fact back online by 13:45. The repositioning added about 200 metres to my line but speed has settled from 12-15 to 14-17 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi Skiptracer,

Unfortunately not all outages can be foreseen in advance. Where these are in reference to routine maintainable Open Reach do look to provide notification of this to ISP's who can in turn pass this on (TT use a Service Status Page of the TT Website for notification of outages).

However in alot of cases these are caused by some fault which cannot be anticipated and subsequently takes some time to resolve.

Regards

Mark