Options

How busy is Thorpe Park tomorrow?

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think I'm going to Thorpe Park tomorrow and just wondering how busy it will be. Schools have just gone back haven't they? So that should mean it's alright?

Comments

• Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just take a look into my crystal ball for you
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not all schools have gone back - University students don`t go back until later in the month. Don`t think you will be waiting in line for long at this time of year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all schools have gone back - University students don`t go back until later in the month. Don`t think you will be waiting in line for long at this time of year.

I'm a Uni student myself.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Uni student myself.

Think its always quite busy..I work in a hotel/pub near there that has visitors staying with us to use park.
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids dont go back till Friday, the year 7 intake gets the school to themselves tomorrow. I doubt parents would take kids to thorpe park the day before they go back to school, I know I wouldn't.
  • Options
    carascaras Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    My kids dont go back till Friday, the year 7 intake gets the school to themselves tomorrow. I doubt parents would take kids to thorpe park the day before they go back to school, I know I wouldn't.

I went yesterday and mine were back today. I don't think it will be too bad, go :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    I went yesterday and mine were back today. I don't think it will be too bad, go :D

You must be far more organised than me, tomorrow will be spent making sure they have everything ready for friday. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    My kids dont go back till Friday, the year 7 intake gets the school to themselves tomorrow. .

Why do they bother having the pupils in just for one day then there's a weekend again? They may as well just have the year 7's in on friday for a day and have everyone else start again on monday
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    It will be fairly quiet, there is probably a website that will tell you how busy it is likely to be. Most schools are back so it's just Uni students to worry about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Why do they bother having the pupils in just for one day then there's a weekend again? They may as well just have the year 7's in on friday for a day and have everyone else start again on monday

The kids have asked this a few times. I have no idea, they broke up later than the other local schools, and have gone back later. I guess friday will be a easy day handing out time tables and hopefully they will get thier new ties (school changed uniform in April but left the new ties for the new school year)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    We went on Sunday and it wasn't too bad considering. Most of the non roller coaster rides were only a 5-15 minute wait in the morning. We downloaded the thorpe park app which was handy as it showed you the waiting times for all the rides. Most of the roller coaster rides were around 90 Minutes, but we kept an eye on the app and got on the nemisis within 30 mins and the swarm in 45 Minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did go on the Thursday, was brilliant!! It was not busy, was only there for the last 4 hours and the queues were very short. Went on 10 rides in 4 hours (including Nemesis 3 times, which we went on a couple of times again (and got on straight away) just before it shut). Most of the queue times were 10/15 mins. The longest was 40 mins.