Options

This weeks Heat - Stickers of Harvey

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say what you like about Jordan, but I think she is a good mum who cares deeply about Harvey. He can't help his size, due to the same rare disorder that has caused him to be almost blind and autistic since birth. This is sick and upsetting, but I suspect disbelief and fury will set in first and she'll sue their sorry arses for every penny. :( :mad: :(
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was almost hoping it was another one of Holy Moly's random tales, but surely even they wouldn't be so sick to make something like this up.
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah as if Jordan set this up :rolleyes: She does all she can for all her kids there is no way she'd do that. I too hope she sues them for every penny thats bang out of order :mad:
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    That is horrendous.

That poor child. It's bad enough he's shoved in the spotlight by his own mother and ignored by his father but this is too much.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

The poor kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    Oh yeah as if Jordan set this up :rolleyes: She does all she can for all her kids there is no way she'd do that. I too hope she sues them for every penny thats bang out of order :mad:

Read it again. I was referring to Holy Moly, not Jordan.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    There is also one with an arrow that has got 'What Were You Thinking?' written on it.

I might stick it on a piece of paper next to the Harvey one and send it to heat.
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I urge you all to email heat@emap.com to complain. I just have.
    This is disgusting, picking on a poor defenceless boy who is only 'famous' because of his fame whoring mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even by Heat's sorry standards this really is the lowest of the low.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I've just started a thread on their forum.

They are sick.
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    I urge you all to email heat@emap.com to complain. I just have.
    This is disgusting, picking on a poor defenceless boy who is only 'famous' because of his fame whoring mother.

You are just as disgusting refering to his mother like that.

Thanks for email address though, have fired off a complaint, hope others do too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a mother of a child with learning difficulties, I am absolutely sickened that this would happen.

I hopld both Heat and Jordan responsible. After all she would most probably have sanctioned this. She sells her kids to the highest bidder. The woman has no shame and is a truely shitty mother.

Heat.....well what did you expect from a magazine who's editor is a huge fan and friend of the vile Jade. Better off boycotting all emap products until they get the message.
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they no shame! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a mother of a child with learning difficulties, I am absolutely sickened that this would happen.

I hopld both Heat and Jordan responsible. After all she would most probably have sanctioned this. She sells her kids to the highest bidder. The woman has no shame and is a truely shitty mother.

Heat.....well what did you expect from a magazine who's editor is a huge fan and friend of the vile Jade. Better off boycotting all emap products until they get the message.

Mini - I so hope you're wrong. I truly can't believe she'd do this. In a similar boat as yourself, I've watched her closely with Harvey in her documentaries and confess she's surprised me. In a good way. She reacts instinctively and tries to be one jump ahead of him to make sure he doesn't come to harm. Not to say it hasn't been a steep learning curve, but I seriously can't believe she'd agree to this. I'm not saying her ideas of raising awareness are the best ever with photo shoots of him, when he'd probably rather be off playing with his computer, (and in some warped way, this is probably Heat's way of getting back at her for this), but this is just completely different and wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trouble is... if everyone who is shocked and horrified about what has happened here with Harvey, has such a venomous loathing of Jordan, then no email to them is going to hold much weight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I stopped buying Heat ages ago. I'm not a fan of Jordan, but to mock her child in that fashion is really inappropriate and nasty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add my weight to the fact that it's perfectly true, I've seen the magazine and the sticker in question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? its totally accurate
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    It's a disgrace.
    Criticise the mother by all means, but leave the child alone. :mad:

If you feel it's wrong, you can complain to the Press Compliants Commission under their Code of Practice, clause 12, points i) and ii). Form here:

http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/form.html
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Thanks for email address though, have fired off a complaint, hope others do too.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the poster is referring to Mrs Andre as a '****', meaning a prostitute - but as someone who courts fame relentlessly.
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the poster is referring to Mrs Andre as a '****', meaning a prostitute - but as someone who courts fame relentlessly.

thank you, that's exactly what I meant.
    Other fame **** are jade goody, danielle lloyd, kerry katona etc. I didn't mean she was an actual ****!
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I too think this is disgusting, whatever Jordan does (and I don't agree with her 'pimping' Harvey out for every OK headline), I think this is a disgusting move for Heat to take, and although I gave Heat up a couple of years ago, I've no intention of ever buying it again.

In the practical sense, seeing as OK is the main magazine Jordan features in, and along with hopefully the fact that she wouldn't take this sickening step. I can't see her oking a rival magazine to do this.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    I haven't bought Heat for years. I think it's the worse celeb mag there is. What are the stickers saying?
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    I haven't bought Heat for years. I think it's the worse celeb mag there is. What are the stickers saying?

Here Soulmate:

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/28/heat-give-away-offensive-stickers-of-harvey-1962.html
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    It seems the stickers are a new gimmick...don't see how the editor Mark Firth didn't know.

There is a forum on their magazine website.....

http://www.heatworld.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=31

http://www.heatworld.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=194453
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Woowookid wrote: »

Thanks for this :)

Poor Harvey, this is in really bad taste :mad: I don't know what they could be hoping to gain from this, he's just a child.