Options

The London Auditions 21st-24th June

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
What on earth happened today? went to the first london auditions and i cannot believe how long it took to get in and how unorganised it was. Then we finally got in, learnt that we were cheated out of a guest judge, we had to sit and watch Simon Cheryl and Louis turn away people that could actually sing...! I honestly think Cheryl could not be bothered to be there, she made no interaction with the audience hardly at all and just seems like shes realised that she has got bigger than the show, what with all the american interest she now has. She was sooooo stubborn with some really good acts and i think some of them must of felt a little cheated especially a really talented guy called Page. Maybe all this trouble with her ex as made her toughen up but i didnt like her today. And poor Louis looked like a little lost puppy pining for Dannii.....COME BACK DANNII!!!! x

Comments

• Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like normal to be honest

It's always an unorganised mess because of how it's ticketed, i.e. far more given out then there are seats

As for judges not interacting, they're not there for you, they're there to interact with the acts. It's not a concert, it's a TV show recording.

And bad acts always go through with good acts losing out... look at Jedward last year!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    Sounds like normal to be honest

It's always an unorganised mess because of how it's ticketed, i.e. far more given out then there are seats

As for judges not interacting, they're not there for you, they're there to interact with the acts. It's not a concert, it's a TV show recording.

And bad acts always go through with good acts losing out... look at Jedward last year!

i know that but Cheryl was just rude to audience and auditionees
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she always is behinds the scenes, when it comes on tv it'll look totally different
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danC1989 wrote: »
    I honestly think Cheryl could not be bothered to be there, she made no interaction with the audience hardly at all and just seems like shes realised that she has got bigger than the show,

It was said she only flew in from Tanzania this morning and headed straight for the auditions. Probably jet lagged and worn out. Thats not really on, I think. She is paid well to put in a 100% performance on the panel. What would have happened if her plane had been delayed !!!! Surely it was madness to go away so far for only a few days in between important audition dates. I am surprised she was allowed to go !
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be able to handle it all ,its her career,
    I should think she flew 1st class so should been able to relax/sleep on the plane.
    She has had lot of worry in her private life,(and Im on her side over that)but once back doing her job she should put that behind her like the song goes'' smile though your heart is breaking''
    If she tired she got to catch up on her sleep when she can
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Hiya. Im off to the london auditions today, the one's at 6.15pm. What time do I need to get the excel to join the queue? What time do you think it will finish?

Many thanks
    Jen xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3PM at the very latest I'd say to be very sure of getting in.

It can last ages.. sometimes to 11PM or so
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    she always is behinds the scenes, when it comes on tv it'll look totally different

I think that's a bit unfair tbh. Cheryl was on top form in Glasgow - she was great with audience and the peeps auditioning.

She was probably jet-lagged which isn't good enough but doesn't mean she's always like that. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was the same today, she wasn't rude or anything but she just didn't seem that interested any more. She waved to people and stuff but when giving feedback and interacting with Simon and Louis; there really wasn't much of that. The only time I can think of of Cheryl interacting with Simon ON camera was when this guy came out to sing and gave Cheryl flowers, she told Simon to shut up because he said something, But the banter between Simon and Louis were there.

When the auditions are shown, look out for Buns & Cheese, they were really funny. The judges made them sing three times and were terrible every time. There was this Italian lady who had difficulty understanding what Simon was asking her but she was really good and she got through.

I don't know how other people felt but I really missed Dannii and her comments, she was definitely needed IMO.

OH forgot to add the queueing and the handling of people getting in today was better. They let people in group by group and the queueing wasn't that bad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: flower guy, simon asked him: "Have you ever had inappropriate thoughts about Cheryl?"

and then asked Cheryl "Would you give him one?" :eek:
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    Do the judges chat to/have pictures taken with the audience during breaks?
    How does it work with three judges, is Dannii really missed? I am going Monday, I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's rare but they sometimes have pics taken and sign stuff (cheryl def. does sometimes) but it depends on time constraints. e.g. at Glasgow she only managed to sign one thing before the producers wanted her back behind the scenes

with 3 judges an act needs a yes from all 3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    it's rare but they sometimes have pics taken and sign stuff (cheryl def. does sometimes) but it depends on time constraints. e.g. at Glasgow she only managed to sign one thing before the producers wanted her back behind the scenes

with 3 judges an act needs a yes from all 3

People tweeting from auditions yesterday said only needed 2 judges to say yes and they were through. I know it was all 3 in the past but wasnt for London yesterday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    interesting, im sure it was 3 on monday because louis got pissed off with it and stormed out

i wonder if that's why they changed it
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    In Series 1 with the three judge format, you only needed 2 yes'

Would seem odd that you had to get all 3 as opposed to the majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't you need 3 yeses when there was only three judges in 2008? I can't remember
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's two yeses to get through. Louis stormed out because neither Simon or Cheryl would budge from their "no" hence the act only had one yes ( from Louis).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was definitely two yes' yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    It is two yes votes to go through, for sure.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member

Yeah, why on Earth did they choose two brilliant performers who actually engaged the audience week after week, when we could have had another ballad singer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    Yeah, why on Earth did they choose two brilliant performers who actually engaged the audience week after week, when we could have had another ballad singer!

Yes, we all heard the boos. And who cares about singing for a recording contract prize, right. :rolleyes: But thank you Brian Friedman for giving us a great production to lessen the pains in our hears and cover the uncoordinated, embarassing dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one go to yesterday afternoons auditions? A girl auditioned with a Danyl Johnson song and was really well received and Simon gave a standing ovation and said she was going to be on tv!
  • Options
    dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one go to yesterday afternoons auditions? A girl auditioned with a Danyl Johnson song and was really well received and Simon gave a standing ovation and said she was going to be on tv!

I did, I don't remember Simon giving anyone a standing ovation though. Do you know her name and what she sung. There was only one girl who got a standing ovation from the crowd, her name was Joanna and she was on near the end. There were some great contestants there yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    I did, I don't remember Simon giving anyone a standing ovation though. Do you know her name and what she sung. There was only one girl who got a standing ovation from the crowd, her name was Joanna and she was on near the end. There were some great contestants there yesterday.

She sang beautiful life. Her name is Bridie, blond, seventeen.

I'm curious because I know she definitely got through because its all over twitter but I wanted to know how the Dan song was received cos I'm a geek/fangirl like that. ha ha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: flower guy, simon asked him: "Have you ever had inappropriate thoughts about Cheryl?"

and then asked Cheryl "Would you give him one?" :eek:

haha, took the press long enough to pick up on it...

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/184457-simon-cowell-shocks-cheryl-tweedy-with-dirty-joke/