Caprice having 2 babies a month apart

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/13/model-caprice-bourret-having-two-babies-month-apart/

One naturally and the other by a surrogate.

Just seems a bit strange going forward to have 2 kids the same age all but a month

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's just the ultimate in sod's law really - they hire a surrogate because they're told she can't conceive and then she goes ahead and conceives. Good luck to them - I suppose it'll be not too far removed from having twins.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her! She is going to be knackered though!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A rather sweet story. I bet she was in shock when she found out!
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I see she's still 41. *sighs*
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/13/model-caprice-bourret-having-two-babies-month-apart/

Just seems a bit strange going forward to have 2 kids the same age all but a month

I don't see it as strange at all, just a lovely and, I'm sure, for them, amazing outcome since they've gone from not being able to have children to now having two on the way.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a very similar blind to this a few weeks ago but everyone thought it was about Beyonce and Jay Z.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she has the mental strength to give the baby to its mother that she'll be carrying for. Sometimes there's a bond that's too strong.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I hope she has the mental strength to give the baby to its mother that she'll be carrying for. Sometimes there's a bond that's too strong.

I understand the egg is from Caprice and the sperm from her fella, so it isn't biologically related to the surrogate, she's just the oven. :)
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member

Been watching Corrie have we? ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommytiger wrote: »
    I understand the egg is from Caprice and the sperm from her fella, so it isn't biologically related to the surrogate, she's just the oven. :)

Eh? I was talking about the bond between her and the child inside of her.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Eh? I was talking about the bond between her and the child inside of her.

Caprice is not being a surrogate for someone else. She is having 2 children, One is natural, The other via a surrogate. Caprice is keeping both babies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching Corrie have we? ;):p

I would have said that even if I hadn't have seen Coronation Street. I only catch bits because I look up from the laptop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Caprice is not being a surrogate for someone else. She is having 2 children, One is natural, The other via a surrogate. Caprice is keeping both babies.

Ah, right. Okay. I thought she was giving the surrogate one away to someone. Fair enough.
    Forum Member
    Ah, right. Okay. I thought she was giving the surrogate one away to someone. Fair enough.

Caprice tried for a baby and was unsuccessful, so decided to go down the surrogate route. Found a surrogate and the surrogate was successfully given one of Caprice's fertilized eggs, then a month later Caprice found out she was pregnant herself.

A nice (but very modern) story, I think.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like a bus really isn't it,you wait for ages then 2 come along at once lol...Good luck to her though.
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's what happens - you think its not going to happen and it does. I'm 6 months pregnant after stopping trying for a month and just having some fun after we were referred for fertility treatment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missloo wrote: »
    that's what happens - you think its not going to happen and it does. I'm 6 months pregnant after stopping trying for a month and just having some fun after we were referred for fertility treatment.

I have heard of this happening quite a lot. Congratulations on your pregnancy :-)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

Well her age seems to keep down every year so I'm sure she can think of something!
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member

She uses the same maths formula as Sinitta :)
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on Irish radio this morning. I half heard her give her age and it was in her 30s. Either 35 or 37!

Anyway, I wish her much happiness with both babies. I think it's a fantastic story for any woman, whether she's famous or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    It's like a bus really isn't it,you wait for ages then 2 come along at once lol...Good luck to her though.

:D:D:D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of two couples that this has happened to with adoption. Both couples were looking after the baby pre adoption being finalised at age 6months and found out the wife was pregnant and neither gave the baby back. It must be something to do with relaxing and he presto it happens.

The saddest story though was other friends who were told the husband sperm count was so low he would never father a child so they had two girls by AI (same donor). The 2nd baby was only months old when she fell pregnant with her husband's sperm. My friend was devastated and felt cheated . However her husband had no problem with it. They decided never to tell the girls and now I have lost touch so not sure they ever did