Anyone at your work/school died accidentally?

1234568»

Comments

• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    There was also two lads from my year who died suddenly after we left school, both within a year of each other. One died on his staircase after his heart stopped suddenly. It was believed to be drug related at first but this was later dismissed, I think the cause of death was left undetermined.

The second one also died from heart failure but he was driving at the time and he collided head on with another vehicle.

I was not close to either of them but it was a shock to hear in both cases nevertheless, you don't expect people to die in such circumstances in your 20s. Again very sad on each account.
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    My best friend died when we were about 5, we'd both been 'chasing' a hot air balloon (it was a rarity in those days) and when we got to the bottom of our road I stopped as I wasnt allowed out of the street. She carried on chasing it, went round a corner & ran into the road into the path of oncoming traffic. My parents didnt tell me what had happened as I didnt actually see it or hear it, found out at assembly the next day. Dont think ive ever got over it even tho it was over 38 years ago.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, a work colleague died a few years ago. She got an insect bite which led to sudden anaphylactic shock - she went to hospital and died a few days later. She had been going through some pretty traumatic times in her personal life, so I presume that may have had something to do with it (she was doing so much and hardly had any time for herself, it may have affected her immune system somehow? I don't know) but she was a really bubbly person, very friendly. I miss her :(
  • littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A boy I went to primary school with drowned a few years ago. I hadn't seen him for several years but still came as a shock as his sister worked in the area still and I seen her regularly.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    I remember a really popular girl dying at a school disco - she was only 14, it was in the early 80s. During primary school she'd had long curly hair in a plait but as soon as we hit highschool she went a bit wild and died her hair and ended up with a plum fringe - very random. Such a shame cos she was wild but nice with it - apparently it was a brain haemorrhage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I started a teacher and a student died at my school. Teacher was hit off a bike and the student had a heart condition.

Three of year mates died in a car crash, it was pretty horrendous for all involved.

Another girl sadly died of cancer and two boys hung themselves (seperate incidents)

Lastly a girl murdered her father then killed herself.

Since I left school (3 years) another girl in my year has died.

Very sad times.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 boys died in a coach crash when they went to Thailand to start their gap year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Yup, friend of mine jumped from a train. We were always pulling her out of the loos, where she kept taking "overdoses" - she claimed. We all thought she was an attention seeker. I guess not. Was quite shocked.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were two teachers who died. One from cancer, the other bad had cancer but was in remission, but had a heart attack.

There was also a guy a couple of years above me who committed suicide after he left school. He was only about 19 or 20. Nobody had any clue he was depressed. He was on holiday with friends, and and went out into the sea and drowned himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    The first was at school where some kid in my class had an epileptic fit in his sleep and choked on his own vomit. Not been that many since that I have heard of, apart from a girl I was in the junior school play died from eye cancer and another died last year from a brain tumour. A guy at my work died last year from leukemia and a client died of pancreatic cancer at 46, which he kept secret until the very end.
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were a few deaths from accidents and suicides.

One girl in my class from school suffered a worse fate imo when she was in an accident many years ago and still lies in a care home paralysed from the neck down and blind. She can barely speak either. I can't imagine what it must be like spending one's life like that.
  • peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A boy at our school was apparently killed by an errant cricket ball, but it was before my time there. He was often mentioned in despatches though.
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In School a friend of my brothers was killed on his milk round, he slipped while climbing on the back of the milk float and it reversed over him, we had only seen him the day before. An older girl in our School was murdered by her boyfriend, didn't really know her but saw her around. A few years after leaving School a friend was killed when someone threw a brick off a bridge through his car window.

In work one guy died of a heart attack as soon as he got home. A woman from work was killed in a car crash when a Lorry went into the back of her, she had been having a go at me the day before about leaving a mess, but it was very sad. Another lovely lady died on the shop floor, she had slipped over in the Warehouse a few days before and banged her head and apparently it was connected to that. Another guy who used to clean with me, good mate, hung himself after his wife ran off with his best mate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A girl at my school in the late 60's early 70's was knocked down and killed. Another girl died of a brain tumour.

A young girl collapsed and died whilst on a school sports run a few years back here too.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I jut remembered a few more.
    When I started my secondary school the school was in mourning as a former student had been stabbed to death and cooking assistant had been killed in a car crash.
    A former student also died in a car crash in the country where his parents was from. I didn't know him but I knew his brother.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not accidentally, but at my workplace there's been two suicides and one suicide attempt in the past 10 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    A 14 y/o boy, sniffed an aerosol for the first time and dropped dead on the spot.
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall anyone dying when I was at school but since I've left 4 people have died. One of them crashed her car on her way to college. Another had Ewing's Sarcoma and died in a hospice. One girl who was in my form died several years ago and I only found out because I saw a memorial notice. I've tried looking online to see what she died of but I haven't found anything so far. And the last one I only found out the other day but it really shocked me. This guy was a real life and soul of the party type, really popular, happy go lucky etc. Apparently when he went to uni he became addicted to some legal high drug (which is now illegal) and he tried to seek help for it but he couldn't find anyone who was experienced in that drug so he ended up killing himself. :eek: He was the least likely person on the planet I'd have ever thought would do that, things must have been really bad for him. Very sad.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to go to an engineering training centre where they were just coming to the end of their first year training. They was an air of relief as it was the end of the last but one week and they'd broke the curse of an apprentice being killed, as had happened every year for the previous four years. Sadly we turned up on the Monday to find out that one of them had been killed on the Friday evening.