Options

[GAME] DS's Next Top Artist: Series #7

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Paloma was actually doing really well in the voting. Shows something about her elimination ;-)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Chvrches not doing so well with We Sink is a bit of a shocker! Such an amazing song tbf. But yes Grouplove were the stars of this week - Tongue tied week! <3 And Kyla used Been Better that week too which was such an amazing song!

Happy that Mo somehow recovered lol. But her frontrunner status broken clearly. </3
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainstream: Show 6: LOUD

Song list this week

Haim used Welcome to Daytrotter

Choose three acts. Those acts’ videos are corrupted this week. To use this power, you must send it with your song choice and not after.
    Dylan picked Eliza, Paloma and Little Boots

Foxes to used Glorious
    Choose a number of points. That number of points is deleted from everyone’s vote this show.
    Alex picked the number 5

Lily Allen used Take What You Take
    " Choose a player - all powers used on you this show are deflected and used on that player instead.
    Rory picked Pingu.

Paloma Faith used Big Blue Wall
    You are protected from all other powers this show.

POST-POWER vote:
    1 Foxes 146
    2 Lily Allen 142
    3 AluneGeorge 131
    4 Kodaline 120
    5 The1975 107
    6 Hurts 102
    7 VV Brown 92
    8 Lorde 91
    9 Haim 90
    10 Eliza Doolittle 87
    - - -
    11 Paloma Faith 86
    12 Kele 75
    13 Little Boots 49

Original vote:
    1 Lily Allen 147 10.59%
    2 Foxes 146 10.52%
    3 AluneGeorge 131 9.44%
    4 Kodaline 125 9.01%
    5 The1975 117 8.43%
    6 Hurts 112 8.07%
    7 Lorde 101 7.28%
    8 Eliza Doolittle 97 6.99%
    9 VV Brown 92 6.63%
    10 Paloma Faith 91 6.56%
    - - -
    11 Haim 90 6.48%
    12 Kele 80 5.76%
    13 Little Boots 59 4.25%

Lily Allen overthrew Foxes from the top spot this week for the FIRST TIME in the ORIGINAL vote, however Foxes regained the top position after the powers use. The most notable difference with the Powers were that Haim were meant to be in the b3 but were saved after Alex's power effected Paloma Faith. Poor Paloma was NOWHERE NEAR the bottom 3 in previous weeks, I really thought she was a shoe-in for top 5!

Little Boots also suffered heavily and Kele survived the 2nd Jury vote. We said goodbye to Little Boots and Paloma Faith.
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote:
    Haim were meant to be in the b3 but were saved after Alex's power effected Paloma Faith.

Pwnt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like I said, shows something about how she was eliminated against Kele who had been in the bottom the week before. :cry:
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being the first act to overthrow Foxes in an original vote <3 Slay Lily SLay <3 So glad I went with that for favourite song after seeing that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Like I said, shows something about how she was eliminated against Kele who had been in the bottom the week before. :cry:

But more people obviously wanted to save Kele over Paloma...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lily topping with Back To The Start! Such a good song tbh. And Hurts not doing so well with Evelyn...>:( One of my favorite songs tbh! :blush:

And Alex basically saved Haim then and messed up poor Paloma...:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    r0ry101 wrote: »
    But more people obviously wanted to save Kele over Paloma...

Yes, but in the voting she was far superior over him....I'm still emotional, okay? :cry:
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 6
    Dandem used Catalyst.
    Niall used Carry Me Over
    and Zak used Shooting Arrows at the Sky

1. The Weeknd - 145
    2. MO - 124
    3. Grouplove - 119
    4. Shiny Toy Guns - 116
    5. Lissie - 114
    6. Dry The River - 102
    7. Santigold - 101
    8. Kyla La Grange - 93
    9. Anna Calvi - 86
    10. Owl Eyes - 84
    11. Charli XCX - 83
    12. Chvrches - 80

This week was the biggest shocker in the eyes of many, with hotly-tipped Chvrches finishing last. They were joined in the bottom 3 by Charli XCX, whose positions were SUPER erratic and Owl Eyes, who hadn't ever really been in danger until this point. We ended up losing both Owl Eyes and Chvrches, and everyone was quite saddened by this.

On the flipside, The Weeknd became the 6th act in 6 shows to top the vote - only MO had achieved this feat in more than one week at this particular place in the series. Speaking of MO, she also rose to 2nd this week, whilst Shiny Toy Guns held on to their resident place in the top 5 - they had only placed outside this one week. Santigold had a welcome respite from the bottom three also this week, whilst Anna Calvi was saved by her power usage - her most common vote of 2 was doubled and added to the total which tipped her into safety. Alongside Kyla & Charli, she was one of the biggest losers of Zak's power which deleted all 12s, although as I again deleted my pre-power stats, you;ll have to take my word for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Consistent top 5 for Shiny Toy Guns' makes me so pleased :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainstream: Week 7: "Alvin"

Here is the song list:

Powers used:
    Louise used power Watching You
    Choose an act. That act cannot earn more than two thirds of the points received by the top act this show. on VV BROWN

Roxie used Blood, Tears & Gold
    You must post a hostile comment on the thread for every single player or act and you will gain 10 points - your results will be observed and judged by the hosts.

POST-Power vote
    1 The 1975 110 12.70%
    2 Foxes 102 11.78%
    3 Hurts 97 11.20%
    4 Lily Allen 95 10.97%
    5 AlunaGeorge 79 9.12%
    6 Haim 72 8.31%
    7 Kele 66 7.62%
    = Kodaline 66 7.62%
    - - -
    8 Lorde 63 7.27%
    9 Eliza Doolittle 60 6.93%
    10 VV Brown 56 6.47%

Original vote:
    1 The 1975 110 12.85%
    2 Foxes 102 11.92%
    3 Lily Allen 95 11.10%
    4 Hurts 87 10.16%
    5 AlunaGeorge 79 9.23%
    6 Haim 72 8.41%
    7 Kele 66 7.71%
    = Kodaline 66 7.71%
    - - -
    8 Lorde 63 7.36%
    9 Eliza Doolittle 60 7.01%
    10 VV Brown 56 6.54%

Week 7 was the first week where Foxes didn't top either of the votes. The 1975 had their best week and topped both votes by 8 points. Roxie used her MEAN power but it didn't make much of a difference in the vote. At this point, I thought a top 4 of Foxes, The 1975, Hurts and Lily was emerging.

At the bottom, Kodaline dropped quite a bit and were nearly b3, both VV brown and Eliza Doolittle were eliminated the first time they hit B3. Louise' power on VV Brown didn't make a difference as she already had less than 2/3rds of the votes of The 1975.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Weeknd slaying with Elastic Heart! Such a great tune...also happy how I can remember all of the top scorers as I probably downloaded the music straight after. And yay happy that Mo jumped back with Dear Boy! Different is a bit of an interesting week tbh. :p

Like for example with poor Chvrches - choosing the male vocals over Lauren's really cost them. :cry: So sad
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised Koda were so low with that boring song.

Kevin I wasn't responsible for EITHER of your acts leaving!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lmao yay at Hurts being in the Top 4 with Exile. I remember having to be so rude about the acts that week for my power. That was fun. :D

You is such an emotional song. I thought the 1975 were absolutely phenomenal that week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 7
    Alex used She's Got The Power
    Justin used I'm With You
    Rory used Posion
    Dandem used I Run To You
    Jack used Wicked Game

Pre-power
    1. Shiny Toy Guns - 99
    2. MO - 96
    3. Charli XCX - 89
    4. The Weeknd - 82
    5. Anna Calvi - 76
    6. Lissie - 71
    7. Grouplove - 68
    8. Dry The River - 67
    9. Kyla La Grange - 67
    10. Santigold - 45

Post-power
    1. Shiny Toy Guns - 91
    2, Anna Calvi - 82
    3. Charli XCX - 77
    4. MO - 76
    5. The Weeknd - 65
    6. Dry The River - 61
    7. Lissie - 58
    8. Kyla La Grange - 57
    9. Santigold - 57
    10. Grouplove - 56

At this point, we eventually reached a week where I kept both my pre-power spreadsheet AND my post-power spreadsheet - this was evidently an interesting one.

Alex and Justin's powers combined so that top votes are -10, and bottom votes are +10, which played havoc with the voting. Following on from this, Jack's power turned Justin's vote into a negative vote, removing points instead of adding. It was total chaos in the best possible way, and most acts hit the bottom 3 at some point or other accross the evening.

Grouplove finished rock bottom of the post-power vote however the jury opted to save them, somewhat unsurprisingly as they were only in the bottom 3 due to the power chaos. Unfortunately, Kyla La Grange also landed in the bottom 3 for the first time this week following on from some strong performances, however the memories of these were not enough leaving her devastatingly cut from the competition alongside Santigold.

On a positive note, STG returned to the top, in fact the entire top 4 placed within the top 4 of the post-power vote - a nice rebound for Charli XCX following on from her previous b3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow Mo was 2nd in the original vote again? Woo <3. I think the powers really screwed around everything. I used Pilgrim that week - the chorus really is so beautiful.

I remember Grouplove used that amazing The Fault In Our Stars song - they really did get screwed up by the powers - potentially Justin's own power? :o And this was when Alex used DTR's Zaytoun song <3 Absolutely amazing week this one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NTA Mainstream: Show 8 - Love & Heartbreak

Here is the song list

The 1975 used Sex
    Steal a quarter of a random act’s points and add it to your own. That act was LILY ALLEN.

Foxes - Go Home
    Ensure a double elimination at the end of tonight’s show. This power must be used before the top 12. If a double elimination is already planned, then a TRIPLE elimination will occur.

Lily Allen The Winner Takes It All
    Your act receives three bonus jury votes if they’re in the bottom 3.

POST-POWER Vote
    1 The 1975 115
    2 Foxes 103
    3 Hurts 80
    4 Kodaline 75
    5 Haim 74
    6 Lily Allen 69
    - - -
    7 Alunageorge 61
    8 Lorde 56
    9 Kele 42

Original vote:
    1 Foxes 103 15.26%
    2 The 1975 92 13.63%
    = Lily Allen 92 13.63%
    3 Hurts 80 11.85%
    4 Kodaline 75 11.11%
    5 Haim 74 10.96%
    - - -
    6 Alunageorge 61 9.04%
    7 Lorde 56 8.30%
    8 Kele 42 6.22%

Week 8 saw The 1975 take a hold of the top spot again and emerge as one of the frontrunners after their master class of a power in which they targeted poor Lily who dropped to 6th place. Kele finally exited the competition but his legacy ala Kele Waissel forever lives on.

We also said goodbye to another divisive act in Lorde!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Don't Cry Out got STG another first place <3 And Lily surviving the point deduction <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonderful Life and Devotion for Hurts this week - such anthems tbh - 3rd again! So flattered y'all! :blush:

And that was the week The 1975 slayed with Heart Out and Robbers! Such amazing songs tbh! Lily had a beautiful week that week too with that emosh song about her child. :cry:

And Lorde going was so </3...I loved her so much - you did a really great job with her Justin! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 8
    Justin used Battle Cry
    David used Raiders
    Nail used The Mother We Share
    Roxie used Boomerang

Pre-power
    1. Shiny Toy Guns - 68
    2. MO - 62
    3. The Weeknd - 59
    4. Charli XCX - 55
    5. Dry The River - 53
    6. Lissie - 51
    7. Anna Calvi - 46
    8. Grouplove – 36

Post-power
    1. Shiny Toy Guns - 67
    2= MO – 61.5
    2= Charli XCX – 61.5
    2= The Weeknd – 61.5
    2= Anna Calvi – 61.5
    6. Dry The River - 50
    7. Lissie - 47
    8. Grouplove - 27

This was the final week of powers, and those who still had powers left used them to exceptional effect! Justin's power added 3 points for every below average result, whilst David's power was set to take 1/4 of MO's points, until Roxie's power reversed the targets of these giving David 1/4 of Justin's points, and herself all of the points Justin would have received for below average rankings.

In the end, most of this was irrelevant as Niall's power meant that he could average out four votes - he wisely selected The Weeknd, MO and Charli XCX for this which brought all four acts to joint second - saving Anna Calvi and dropping Lissie into the bottom 2 instead. Somewhat surprisingly, given the difference in points pre AND post power, and the fact that before the powers Lissie was safe, Grouplove captured our mentors hearts in the jury votes and were safe another week.

I really did think Lissie would win at one point, so this was especially shocking. Speaking of winning, our eventual winner STG remained at the top of the pre and post power votes, whilst it was another strong week for MO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NTA Mainstream Show 9: Sins & Virtues

Here is the song list

1 Foxes 80 20.41%
    2 The 1975 62 15.82%
    = Lily Allen 62 15.82%
    3 Hurts 58 14.80%
    4 Haim 49 12.50%
    - - -
    5 Kodaline 42 10.71%
    6 AlunaGeorge 39 9.95%

This was the first show without any use of Powers. Foxes took back her throne. The 1975 and Lily Allen were tying in 2nd place once again. Hurts rounded up the top 4.

At the bottom of the pack, it was in fact Kodaline who faired better than AlunaG but the jury vote swayed towards Aluna's direction and therefore Kodaline were eliminated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quarter Final
    1. Shiny Toy Guns – 67
    2. MO – 61
    3. Dry The River – 52
    4. The Weeknd – 50
    5. Anna Calvi – 50
    6. Charli XCX – 49
    7. Grouplove – 35

In the first week without the jury vote, Grouplove's luck ran out and they were eliminated in 7th place quite a way adrift from the rest of the pack. At the top, STG and MO lead comfortably again, whilst just 3 points separated Charli XCX in the bottom 2 from third placed act Dry The River. While it was beginning to look like MO and STG were certs for the final, the race was totally on for who would be joining them there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mo coming 2nd again with Slow Love and Maiden in Week 7 - so happy she was consistently doing alright after that slight hiccup. And my Boomerang power actually made no difference to Grouplove then! :o Makes me feel a little less guilty tbh! :kitty:

And yay at Hurts being in the Top 4 - maybe I screwed it over with The Road?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three in a row for STG is lovely and yes MO was really strong that week <3:o at the closeness of Indie in general though