Options

Celebrity Reveal 2014

Comments

• Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott is surprising, that is a huge signing for the under 30s! Very current too.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    :

1. Frankie Bridge (girl band)
    2. Judy Murray (Andy's mum)
    3. Alison Hammond (ex-Big Brother)
    4. Thom Evans (ex-rugby player)
    5. Simon Webbe (ex-boy band)
    6. Mark Wright (ex-TOWIE)
    7. Sunetra Sarker (Casualty actress)
    8. Jake Wood (EastEnders actor)
    9. Steve Backshall (TV naturalist)
    10. Scott Mills (radio DJ)
    11. Pixie Lott (singer)
    12. Caroline Flack (TV presenter)
    13. Gregg Wallace (Masterchef judge)
    14. Tim Wonnacott (TV antiques expert)
    15. Jennifer Gibney (MBB actress)

Official confirmation due tomorrow on The One Show at 7.30 p.m.

Everyone I have heard of.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know all of the celebs except Andy Murray's mum and the Naturist. I can't wait for the new series, there's so many celebs I'm looking forward to seeing. :D
  • Options
    cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I know all of the celebs except Andy Murray's mum and the Naturist. I can't wait for the new series, there's so many celebs I'm looking forward to seeing. :D

Naturist lol I hope not!
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bothered for the last 3 (first 3 out ?), but love the rest of the line up so all in all - great great cast!

Can't wait for it to get going ! Roll on SCD 14
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathh70 wrote: »
    Naturist lol I hope not!

;-);-);-)
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Final list of 15 contestants (those age under 30 in bold):

11. Pixie Lott (singer)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    The only one I've heard of is Andy Murray's mum.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard of them all. If Pixie Lott is the naturist she might win.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard of them all. If Pixie Lott is the naturist she might win.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member

11. Pixie Lott (singer)

Steve and Tim's CVs make them look like Nobel Prize winners next to the rest of the lineup. :D

I can see Tim stealing the judges' thunder with his famous one-liners (if they don't muzzle him early, that is).
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Pixie Lott is surprising, that is a huge signing for the under 30s! Very current too.

I'm not trying to knock her - I don't know much about her other than the few singles I've heard, but is she such a huge signing? I know she's had a fair amount of success in the past but according to other posters her recent releases haven't done too well and coincidentally she's got a new album out this month ;-) I'm sure the strictly exposure will tie in nicely with the publicity for the album. As I said I've nothing against her though - I'm sure she will appeal to a lot of the younger audience - most of the celebs do it to raise their profile, so good luck to her :)
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    1.80 mtrs is 6' in old money. Someone who is broad shouldered tends to look shorter in isolation than someone slim.

I will never trust google again!
    1.80m is nearly 5'11", (actually 5ft 10-55/64in so as near as dammit) ;)

Unless he has feet of clay, I am putting my money on snake-handler Steve :cool:

Even if he has feet of clay, I'm already supporting him and Alison. Just hope the snake handler doesn't get the Manrara woman. That'll put the kybosh on his chances.
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Somewhere in here I should think :p (never seen him on telly).

Yahoo answers say the same as wiki (1.8m/5'11 ) which somebody got from his MySpace page 5 years ago. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the BBC say, although I was always a bit dubious about their heights for the pros. I think men tend to exaggerate their height a little :D

I was looking for Judy Murray's height the other day and found myself on a tennis forum debating Andy's height (and others). It was hilarious and went on for page after page after page but it was clear the players (who submit their own stats for the ATP or whatever) were all upping themselves a little. Or giving their height in tennis shoes adding about an inch. One interesting thing I learned though, was that we all have a 'morning height' and gravity makes us shorter as the day wears on! It varies with genetics and build, but a tallish man might be a whole inch shorter by the end of the day!

That was really interesting about heights. I know I've lost 2 centimetres over the years. Though think that may be a woman thing.
    I wrote down all the Pro heights on the back of an envelope during the last ITT challenge, and agree, some of them were 'surprising'.
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the new photos of the judges for this year have been revealed if anyone is interested, plus I've compared the shot with last years group shot.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I'm not trying to knock her - I don't know much about her other than the few singles I've heard, but is she such a huge signing? I know she's had a fair amount of success in the past but according to other posters her recent releases haven't done too well and coincidentally she's got a new album out this month ;-) I'm sure the strictly exposure will tie in nicely with the publicity for the album. As I said I've nothing against her though - I'm sure she will appeal to a lot of the younger audience - most of the celebs do it to raise their profile, so good luck to her :)

Her most recent single was the only one of hers to miss the top 20, so she's still a pretty big deal.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I have heard of all but one of them! :D

The person I've never heard of is the Mrs Brown's Boys actress, because I don't watch it. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Her most recent single was the only one of hers to miss the top 20, so she's still a pretty big deal.

Her music career has been on a downward trajectory since her debut album in 2009. Her second album in 2011 was branded a flop, while her latest album this year bombed.

Many are expecting her current label to drop her. She's even been called the new Rachel Stevens - directionless and with no following.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said I don't know much about Pixie but the few tracks I've heard of hers I quite like - I haven't heard her recent stuff but I liked the tracks that were used for strictly pro dances.

Some singers have managed to revive their careers through reality tv - so I guess she's got nothing to lose by doing strictly - it worked for Sophie last year but she appeals to very much a different market than Pixie. I'm not sure it worked for Rachel and Kimberley. I think Alesha had a bit of success with her solo career then it stalled again. Pop music is very fickle - there's always a new flavour of the month. Anyway as I said good luck to her.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    As I said I don't know much about Pixie but the few tracks I've heard of hers I quite like - I haven't heard her recent stuff but I liked the tracks that were used for strictly pro dances.

Some singers have managed to revive their careers through reality tv - so I guess she's got nothing to lose by doing strictly - it worked for Sophie last year but she appeals to very much a different market than Pixie. I'm not sure it worked for Rachel and Kimberley. I think Alesha had a bit of success with her solo career then it stalled again. Pop music is very fickle - there's always a new flavour of the month. Anyway as I said good luck to her.

Well, she also decided to give the judging thing a go ;-)

Besides, she did get to no. 12 in my country with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGnSuTWXC9A

(none of the other pop divas have managed that after appearing on Strictly, as far as I can tell)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Yeah, if the revival of Alesha's career didn't last more than a year or so, the revival of her TV career certainly did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just talking specifically about Alesha's music career that was revived and then stalled again not her tv career which took off as a result of strictly - I realise she went on to have success in other fields and also got lucrative advertising contracts.....so that's probably something Pixie's management are also considering for her long term future alongside the music career that they want to revive.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol how some posters who were insisting that Pixie was washed up enough to join SCD are now trying to paint her signing up as a pretty big deal - talk about being two-faced :D

whatever the magic formula may be for reviving failed music careers I'm pretty certain it doesn't include competing in a dance contest against contestants old enough to be your grandpa

just ask all the other singbots that have competed in SCD ;-)
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

7. Sunetra Sarker (Casualty actress) (and Brookside)
    11. Pixie Lott (singer) (heard of rather than know)

I know a few, as usual, in bold.
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a lovely selfie of Iveta and Simon on Iveta's twitter page- I think they would make a fab pairing and could be my favourite's :D
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    lol how some posters who were insisting that Pixie was washed up enough to join SCD are now trying to paint her signing up as a pretty big deal - talk about being two-faced :D

whatever the magic formula may be for reviving failed music careers I'm pretty certain it doesn't include competing in a dance contest against contestants old enough to be your grandpa

just ask all the other singbots that have competed in SCD ;-)

For someone like Pixie, her career does need a boost or a change of direction. Doing a show like strictly may not propel her to the top of the charts, but she'll get some extra album sales out of it, and make going on tour more viable, and get better promotional slots for the next one. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if her record company insisted she did something like this if they were to support another album.

Failing that, she's a stage school graduate. Doing a show like strictly sets her up nicely to switch to musical theatre, acting or tv presenting.