Options

Prey - ITV drama starring John Simm 28 April

Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else looking forward to this? It's a cop drama with John Simm as a former DS, on the run for a crime he did not commit.
Not much more info so far, trailer here:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a560749/john-simm-is-a-fugitive-in-itvs-prey-watch-first-trailer.html#~oBNPb5TV9dh9Oc

For those of you who feel a bit deflated after the last series of the truly magnificent Line of Duty, Prey also stars Craig Parkinson (aka slithery Dot).
I'm a bit wary of the fact that it's on ITV, but then again John Simm always chooses his projects very carefully, he wouldn't commit to any kind of rubbish.

So bring it on!

Comments

• Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    I love John Simm!!!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it a one parter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Is it a one parter?

Three parter...so it'd better be good right from the start!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three parter...so it'd better be good right from the start!

And not run out steam by the third!
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll be watching "Hinterland" (can't stand ad breaks)

K
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    And not run out steam by the third!

I 2nd that. I have said I will not watch anymore of these 'let down' drama's but the trailer looks brilliant and I'm a John Simm fan to.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    What role is Philip Glenister playing?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    WinterFire wrote: »
    What role is Philip Glenister playing?

Don't think he is in it but I have seen a trailer for him in a show for vintage cars.that will be worth a watch.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just set it to record, I love John Simm as well.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer looked pretty good, but John Simm is worth watching anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this.
    I was shamefully unaware of John Simm before I saw him in Mad Dogs, but he was great in that.
    Also, I saw him in a Sky Arts thing with Actors doing their favourite pieces of Shakespeare recently; he did a speech from Hamlet, and was bloody brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this.
    I was shamefully unaware of John Simm before I saw him in Mad Dogs, but he was great in that.
    Also, I saw him in a Sky Arts thing with Actors doing their favourite pieces of Shakespeare recently; he did a speech from Hamlet, and was bloody brilliant!

BIB - look at the positive side, it means you've got loads of lovely stuff to catch up on! :D
    I first spotted John Simm in the completely bonkers BBC series The Lakes, and he has gone from strength to strength ever since. Wonderful actor.
    As the poster above you says, anything with Simm is always worth watching. I'm surprised he still has not won a BAFTA.

Try the outstanding State of Play for starters (the original, not the awful US remake), or my all-time favourite tv series - Life On Mars.
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when he was in a comedy programme with the guy who plays Frank Gallagher. That was the first time I saw him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB - look at the positive side, it means you've got loads of lovely stuff to catch up on! :D
    I first spotted John Simm in the completely bonkers BBC series The Lakes, and he has gone from strength to strength ever since. Wonderful actor.
    As the poster above you says, anything with Simm is always worth watching. I'm surprised he still has not won a BAFTA.

Try the outstanding State of Play for starters (the original, not the awful US remake), or my all-time favourite tv series - Life On Mars.

Thanks for that:)
    I did see the Movie version of State of Play, but I'll have a look on Amazon for this version. I think Life on Mars is on Netflix, so I'll make some time to watch that, too!
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Thanks for that:)
    I did see the Movie version of State of Play, but I'll have a look on Amazon for this version. I think Life on Mars is on Netflix, so I'll make some time to watch that, too!

if you're going to watch life on Mars do not watch ashes to ashes after it's not a patch on life on mars
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when he was in a comedy programme with the guy who plays Frank Gallagher. That was the first time I saw him.

Was it the one where they were travel agents? That rings a bell in the back of my mind.

First time I really noticed John Simm as an actor was Human Traffic - I loved that film and even Danny Dyer was great in it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminder: Three-part thriller Prey starts tonight on ITV1, 9pm.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like The Fugitive and why don`t ITV repeat their Monday dramas at other times during the week? I don`t have enough self-loathing to inflict ITVPlayer on myself.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fan of John Simm here.
    Have had this set to record for a few days now and forgotten, so thanks for the reminder it is on tonight :).
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically, the only reason people are saying they intend to watch this is because they like one of the actors. :confused:

Doesn't say much for the show, does it?
  • Options
    Yvo-50Yvo-50 Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    So basically, the only reason people are saying they intend to watch this is because they like one of the actors. :confused:

Doesn't say much for the show, does it?

How can we form an opinion if we haven't seen it yet. :confused:
    A popular actor is enough to tempt us so far
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching.
    Life on Mars is one of my all time favourite shows, John Simm was brilliant in that.
    He has said before that If the script is no good, then he's not going to do it.
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone not a huge fan of John Simm? Comes across a little smug and overrated. Maybe also thinks he's better looking than he is..
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this :)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on