Options

Confirmed: Room/Arena Weekend Format Dropped

EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has become known news as of yet, but I thought I'd make a thread regardless. I've seen a few people posting on here speculating that the Saturday = Room Auditions, and Sunday = Arena Auditions format was confirmed for a return - But it's not, it's quite the opposite.

I was told this last week by a friend of mine who is part of the X Factor Press Team.... Yes, I know a lot of people use the 'friend' anecdote, but I have no reason to lie. It's the same guy who told me the launch date of last year's series. I posted up the date it was going to start, and everyone said I was lying. I wasn't :p

Anyway, I've gone off track. If you look at the TV listings for this Saturday and Sunday, you'll see that the Sunday episode 'continues with room auditions'.

I'm really glad that they're doing this, as it just wasn't working with the older format. It could've and would've worked had the producers been more consistent in the contestants shown on the Sunday show. It made no sense when sometimes a contestant who performed in the rooms (for example) on Week 1, would be at the Arena's for Week 3.

I think it'll work much better to segregate the audition process more so. I do wonder however, how this will effect the scheduling for the series? We've now got five separate stages:

1) Room Auditions: 30th August - 14th September
2) Arena Auditions: 20th - 28th September
3) Bootcamp and Six Chair Challenge: 4th - 12th October
4) Judges Homes: 18th - 19th October
5) Live Shows: 25th October - Sometime late December.

I'm not great with scheduling, and can't remember the amount of time each stage usually airs for, but it could end up being something like that.

Oh and as a reminder to everyone - The X Factor: The Boss is Back is on ITV2 tonight at 8PM. Presented by Sarah Crawford, It'll feature interviews with Simon, and previews of the new series :D Very excited.

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The auditions in this country go on for far too long. On the Aussie version they were done in like 2 weeks.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems late (the lives, that is)
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im quite happy with that. sunday nights were abit boring last year seeing the same people you just saw the previous night. at least there's a gap in between seeing the same people. Also im glad the final is closer to Christmas. Makes it feel bit more special and festive :D
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I imagine 2 weeks of room auditions (4 episodes) the same for arena meaning auditions done by 21st sept, boot camp normally done in one weekend same with judges houses so lives would start around 11th October would have thought,

My only issue with this format is the ones they like to focus on get rammed in our faces more,
    Whereas when there was only one audition stage you got to see a wider range of the acts,
  • Options
    Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    What annoyed me is that your saw people at the arena they you did not sea at the room or other way round.. And you see some people at bootcamp they you never seen at the auditions very badly edited!
  • Options
    Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    This is good, it'll be better for continuity BUT I reckon by the end of the Rooms people will be ready for Bootcamp and so the idea of basically repeating the process in an entirely different way might put people off. Not me, though :)

When have they ever spread out Bootcamp over two weeks :confused::p
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll probably do 2 weeks (4 eps) of rooms and 2 weeks of arena (4 eps) to shorten things down a bit.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Ella Henderson pushing her album back to come out on the 13th of October confirms live shows will start on the 11th of October with the final 12+13 of December
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grof_Griff wrote: »
    This is good, it'll be better for continuity BUT I reckon by the end of the Rooms people will be ready for Bootcamp and so the idea of basically repeating the process in an entirely different way might put people off. Not me, though :)

When have they ever spread out Bootcamp over two weeks :confused::p

I had a dumb moment, okay :blush::p

I couldn't remember how long bootcamp and judges houses lasted for.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final will presumably be on the weekend of 13th/14th December so the winner can go for the Christmas number one. Working back ten weeks means the live shows will start on 11th October. Judge's Houses take up one weekend and Boot Camp is the Six Chair Challenge so that will take up one weekend too.

Working on that principle:
    30th/31st August - 6th/7th September: Room Auditions
    13th/14th September - 20th/21st September: Arena Auditions
    27th September - 28th September: The Chair Challenge
    4th October - 5th October: Judges Houses
    11th October - 13th December: Live Shows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has become known news as of yet, but I thought I'd make a thread regardless. I've seen a few people posting on here speculating that the Saturday = Room Auditions, and Sunday = Arena Auditions format was confirmed for a return - But it's not, it's quite the opposite.

I was told this last week by a friend of mine who is part of the X Factor Press Team.... Yes, I know a lot of people use the 'friend' anecdote, but I have no reason to lie. It's the same guy who told me the launch date of last year's series. I posted up the date it was going to start, and everyone said I was lying. I wasn't :p

Anyway, I've gone off track. If you look at the TV listings for this Saturday and Sunday, you'll see that the Sunday episode 'continues with room auditions'.

I'm really glad that they're doing this, as it just wasn't working with the older format. It could've and would've worked had the producers been more consistent in the contestants shown on the Sunday show. It made no sense when sometimes a contestant who performed in the rooms (for example) on Week 1, would be at the Arena's for Week 3.

I think it'll work much better to segregate the audition process more so. I do wonder however, how this will effect the scheduling for the series? We've now got five separate stages:

1) Room Auditions: 30th August - 14th September
    2) Arena Auditions: 20th - 28th September
    3) Bootcamp and Six Chair Challenge: 4th - 12th October
    4) Judges Homes: 18th - 19th October
    5) Live Shows: 25th October - Sometime late December.

I'm not great with scheduling, and can't remember the amount of time each stage usually airs for, but it could end up being something like that.

Oh and as a reminder to everyone - The X Factor: The Boss is Back is on ITV2 tonight at 8PM. Presented by Sarah Crawford, It'll feature interviews with Simon, and previews of the new series :D Very excited.

So seven weeks of Live Shows with 13 people. Your dates are all wrong. I think you've just come up with them from the chair at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    So seven weeks of Live Shows with 13 people. Your dates are all wrong. I think you've just come up with them from the chair at home.

Ummm... If you go and read my original post, you'll see that I explained I'm not all that good with scheduling. I also explained in response to another member that I couldn't remember how long Judges Homes and Bootcamp were televised for. Before you challenge me, you may want to look at what you're saying - 13 contestants? Since when? See, we all make mistakes. In the future, don't talk down to other members, it comes across as rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Ummm... If you go and read my original post, you'll see that I explained I'm not all that good with scheduling. I also explained in response to another member that I couldn't remember how long Judges Homes and Bootcamp were televised for. Before you challenge me, you may want to look at what you're saying - 13 contestants? Since when? See, we all make mistakes. In the future, don't talk down to other members, it comes across as rude.

13 acts. 12 including 1 Wildcard makes 13.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    13 acts. 12 including 1 Wildcard makes 13.
    The judges are having four contestants this year. Besides, you don't know if they'll be a wildcard.