Why does my PC display 720p on my 1080p TV?

Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is perplexing me lol, if I connect my PC via HDMI to my TV, everything looks to big on screen, when I check the resolution its actually displaying in 720p :confused::confused:

My TV is 1080p so I don't understand what's going on here.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change it manually, or does it keep reverting back?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change it manually, or does it keep reverting back?

I haven't tried changing manually so will need to check on that and report back, I'm on the monitor at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried changing manually so will need to check on that and report back, I'm on the monitor at the moment.

Have a look around in the display settings should be somewhere, if you're familiar with it you'll find it, what windows do you have?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look around in the display settings should be somewhere, if you're familiar with it you'll find it, what windows do you have?

Windows 10

Just had a look in the settings and I've found where to change the resolution, so when I next connect to the TV this will be my first port of call.

weird how it doesn't auto detect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm connected to the TV, it was actually displaying 1080p after all but Windows 10 has an upscale slider in the display settings, that was set to 150% when connected to the TV for some reason, so that's sorted.

But now there is no sound!!! Grrrr

I use a 2.1 speaker/sub set-up when using the monitor, the sound goes from the computer into the monitor via HDMI then out thru a 3.5m jack to the speaker./sub. The sound was working on the TV until I adjusted the scale slider in the Windows settings, so this has really peed me off now and I have no idea why this has stopped working!!!. I want this working for when Forza Horizon 3 lands!

EDIT: Sorted it all out! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff :)